Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 6 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Pretty sure I flagged it earlier in the year about Noble looking for opportunities elsewhere, shame his chosen the Suns, understand family connections and all but he’d be a very solid JJ replacement.

Although it seems like that’s what Bramble has developed into. I’d still like one more pacy HBF on our list, if Dale goes down (and JJ retires) we don’t have many other options.
Maybe Baker will be trialed there next season?

It speaks to the quality of personnel at that club. When they won the premiership, it papered over the cracks. When their Deenysty failed to eventuate, the paper peeled off again. Glen Bartlett is probably feeling justified and horrified.
Yep this Demon downfall was very predictable. Their issues with culture have always been very public and well known but when they were winning and won a premiership no one cares. It isn't until you start losing and internally start turning on each other that it all blows up. Papering over the cracks as you said.

They were so arrogant to just keep head in the sand and ignore because they had a really good team and didn't want to break it up. Let it fester and here we are.

Makes me appreciate Bevo even more with decisions on players like Stringer and Hunter.

Yep this Demon downfall was very predictable. Their issues with culture have always been very public and well known but when they were winning and won a premiership no one cares. It isn't until you start losing and internally start turning on each other that it all blows up. Papering over the cracks as you said.

They were so arrogant to just keep head in the sand and ignore because they had a really good team and didn't want to break it up. Let it fester and here we are.

Makes me appreciate Bevo even more with decisions on players like Stringer and Hunter.
Yep the Stringer one was a hard pill to swallow at the time. Receiving unders for arguably our second best player seemed nuts and most of us were pissed but in hindsight was absolutely the right call.

Tbf I believe the Hunter exit was player driven (Smiley Boy?), Bevo was less off him than most of the players were

Tbf I believe the Hunter exit was player driven (Smiley Boy?), Bevo was less off him than most of the players were
I'm not sure if the Hunter stories will ever come out but my "leak" is that I can say that it was multifaceted. The rumours you hear from others it was entirely true, but probably isn't the whole story, there were fundamental professionalism-based trust and behaviour issues with the teammates and players above and beyond just the poor person and poor culture stuff.

It's quite illuminating that there's multiple posters here over the years that have hinted to Hunter stuff saying "if you knew what I knew you would have had no hesitation trading him out" while that poser themselves probably only knew half of the bad stories going on.

Which shows that our player leadership group, and player group in general, have put the club first, aren't covering for 'mates', helping make the hard decisions to be made. A strong culture has allowed this to happen.

I'm not sure if the Hunter stories will ever come out but my "leak" is that I can say that it was multifaceted. The rumours you hear from others it was entirely true, but probably isn't the whole story, there were fundamental professionalism-based trust and behaviour issues with the teammates and players above and beyond just the poor person and poor culture stuff.

It's quite illuminating that there's multiple posters here over the years that have hinted to Hunter stuff saying "if you knew what I knew you would have had no hesitation trading him out" while that poser themselves probably only knew half of the bad stories going on.
Honestly, the fact that it appears that two rather forgiving clubs have been forced to banish him to the sidelines make me think he has some severe, severe personal demons that will require an enormous amount of time and effort to get him back on track in life

Was it always this bad? Did he have these issues when he was younger?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looks like we can cross O’Driscoll off the list. Originally was only getting a one year offer from the Dockers and was looking elsewhere but after returning to the main team the last couple of weeks he has re entered talks with them, they're obviously more inclined to offer him a longer term deal now.
Jon Ralph running with Dogs should throw their hand into the ring for Dan Houston
I believe I said last week the dogs had shown some interest.

Pretty sure I flagged it earlier in the year about Noble looking for opportunities elsewhere, shame his chosen the Suns, understand family connections and all but he’d be a very solid JJ replacement.

Although it seems like that’s what Bramble has developed into. I’d still like one more pacy HBF on our list, if Dale goes down (and JJ retires) we don’t have many other options.
He was definitely asked the question by alot of clubs but at the time focused on regaining his spot in the 23. I think the choice to leave has come very late and is purely family based as opposed to the usual family rea$on$.

Looks like we can cross O’Driscoll off the list. Originally was only getting a one year offer from the Dockers and was looking elsewhere but after returning to the main team the last couple of weeks he has re entered talks with them, they're obviously more inclined to offer him a longer term deal now.

I believe I said last week the dogs had shown some interest.
Not the worst thing in the world but it Looks like it will be a quiet trade period for us

Remove this Banner Ad

Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 6 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back