Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 6 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

From the outside we knew he was going that is why we so keen to get Sanders. Hope he is worth it but he needs to be an elite inside player he just does not have the speed. We looked to have treated the guy so well through mental health, white substance problem and ACL. However, he was always going to the cats to add to his surfer public profile so disappointing.
His 2023 was not great and even if gets the pill his ball use is questionable.

Having said that the Pilferers can come up with a top 10 pick or let him march to PSD.

or

We get a deal done with Freo for O'Driscoll we could use his elite speed. The cats then give Freo the pick for him plus we get the cats first.

Last edited:
Edmund saying the reasons Bailey Smith gave the club for wanting out was a change of lifestyle, to play more prime time games, play for a bigger club and more exposure.
Some will find that hard to deal with but it's reality.
This comes just days after we miss out on Barrass to another bigger club.

Edmund saying the reasons Bailey Smith gave the club for wanting out was a change of lifestyle, to play more prime time games, play for a bigger club and more exposure.

Add more cash and that's about what I thought. He's built a brand and a beach lifestyle and big games is good for that.

I’ve got a bad feeling the whole wanting to play for a bigger club is going to become more common. Hoping Jamarra, who has the same manager as Baz, doesn’t give us the same answer in two years time.

Not too worried about that to be honest. Were getting bigger and bigger each year. Not saying we’ll ever be a Collingwood type but between our new facilities and our growing membership base, I’m not too concerned. Hes a guy who wants as much fame as possible. He’d wanna be on his best behaviour too if he wants more exposure.

As shallow, superficial and narcissistic as I expected.

Player gets an opportunity, club goes into bat for him after a major indiscretion, supports him through his mental health issues, nurses him through ACL and indulges a mid season European jaunt.

Player repays that faith by kicking dirt in club's face as soon as all is well with him.

Hope the move is a spectacular failure.

The flip side is that players like Smith and Petracca who crave that kind of profile are a handful off-field.

Happy to bypass Brand Petracca and Brand Smith.

We’ve often had a bit of trouble bringing in genuinely top end talent via trade but we’ve usually done well drafting and retaining it, and we’ve done ok bringing in role players in the last decade or so.

The flip side is that players like Smith and Petracca who crave that kind of profile are a handful off-field.

Happy to bypass Brand Petracca and Brand Smith.

We’ve often had a bit of trouble bringing in genuinely top end talent via trade but we’ve usually done well drafting and retaining it, and we’ve done ok bringing in role players in the last decade or so.
Yep mate. Only want players in my team that want to be there.

Not too worried about that to be honest. Were getting bigger and bigger each year. Not saying we’ll ever be a Collingwood type but between our new facilities and our growing membership base, I’m not too concerned. Hes a guy who wants as much fame as possible. He’d wanna be on his best behaviour too if he wants more exposure.
He'll be able to get away with anything there. Stengle is running amok with no consequences.

Apparently we offered more according to him.

The Geelong contract isnt a monster offer.

His money lays with the off field stuff.
Sam E is just been used as a PR person for Smith and Cats

We offered more ?
How can you compare if it’s not apples for apples
We offered 2 years so did Cats offer him 2 years ?
How can you compare

Apparently we offered more according to him.

The Geelong contract isnt a monster offer.

His money lays with the off field stuff.

Which should ring alarm bells at the AFL, but nothing will happen. Not a thing.

They don't give a toss - player with big off field profile goes from small club to 'big' club. Happy days in their eyes.

He'll soon realise how much of a fishbowl Geelong actually is.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bailey Smith settled on his new house that he bought in Bellbrae back in July.

He's going to Geelong if he can get his way.

Probably only reason he hasn't named a team is cause the still playing finals.

Dunkley similar right? He wanted to grow his brand among other things.

Hard for some to accept playing under the shadow of the Bont.

We can’t really mix it up with players that view ‘celebrity’ as a premium. If you look at our best players that have been here long term - Bont, Libba (F/S anyway), Macrae, Caleb - none of them seem to be “high profile” kinds of guys. Treloar has fit in very easily too in this environment, probably better for him than playing for Collingwood.

It’s going to be more and more of a problem, the Dees almost saw this themselves with Petracca - they just have a lot more leverage with that situation. Geelong in particular uses their off-field advantages. What can we offer, lifetime supply of chilli and lime tortilla chips?

Unless KWW starts finding roles for our players in Avengers movies it’s not going to change. We may have to be mindful of the personalities of who we draft.

As shallow, superficial and narcissistic as I expected.

Player gets an opportunity, club goes into bat for him after a major indiscretion, supports him through his mental health issues, nurses him through ACL and indulges a mid season European jaunt.

Player repays that faith by kicking dirt in club's face as soon as all is well with him.

Hope the move is a spectacular failure.
I could never understand the dogs fans in the last few weeks fawning over him. He's a narcissist. The club went above and beyond and his behaviour is appalling.

Would happily march Baz to the PSD if the only other option is getting well unders from Geelong.

We got stitched up in the Dunks trade, if the club accepts unders again, I’ll be fuming.

Tell Baz, we aren’t accepting the Cats offer, so he needs to find another solution.

**** Baz, **** the cats!!

Vmgeelong would sweep any indiscretion until the mat. They're good at that (Stengle).

I could never understand the dogs fans in the last few weeks fawning over him. He's a narcissist. The club went above and beyond and his behaviour is appalling.

Look at this season. Could've been rolling up the sleeves getting behind the boys week after week, instead nicked off to Europe to work on the tan and preen himself with the camera never far away.

Draft very careful Dogs. Very carefully.

I’ve got a bad feeling the whole wanting to play for a bigger club is going to become more common. Hoping Jamarra, who has the same manager as Baz, doesn’t give us the same answer in two years time.
The first step in keeping Jamarra is actually getting an AFL level forward coach instead of local footy coaches to plug holes.

We've got the President of Disney, hopefully we're saving that Avengers 6/Mandalorian 3rd party deal spot for Butters

Nah we are either too honest, not creative enough and not clever enough to do things like that

Bailey Smith is a precious, soft c*ck, private school narcissist- I am 44 and would kick his arse and whisper in his ear a few life’s lessons as his precious face was grasping gravel.

Remove this Banner Ad

Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 6 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back