Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 6 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Fairly comparable in the air however JOD isn't redundant when the ball hits the deck
Buku is better in the air JOD better on the ground.. they both struggle with 1 v 1 defending though..

I think they are about even.. Buku has clearly had the better season overall though

Give them both another year to develop but I wouldn’t say there’s a significant gap between either tbh.

Shame to see Macrae go. Unbelievable player for us at his peak. Criminally underrated. Had a huge role in both the 16 and 23 finals. His goal against GWS on the prelim was a legendary Bulldogs moment.

It’s the best move for him to find another club while still in the tail of his prime. Without room for both him and Sanders in the 23 I think there could be a lot of VFL on the cards next year if he stays.

Wouldn’t be surprised if the Cats try to nab him as well.

Reg Jack not surprised but still sad

Really hope there is no animosity between he and club and we do right thing by him and club and everyone acts accordingly

Go well Jack

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hopefully Macrae picks a club like North or the Saints (poor Jacko) that isn't too phased about the length and size of his contract so we can get some value.

It's probably best for all parties. It's incredibly sad but I can think of a lot of other ways to use $700k a year that isn't on a fringe half forward type.

The timing is interesting. I wonder if the club basically told Jacko in his exit meeting that it's in your best interest to look elsewhere for consistent playing time because we can't offer it.

I'd rather lose Daniel than Macrae but don't think we can lose both.
I agree with most of what is being said here. But I Can't imagine a deal get's done to a competent club with two years remaining on his contract. Unless a club is really wanting to take a gamble on a player whose best is unbelievable but hasn't been close to it for a number of years. Must have a bottom five team lined up.

Last edited:
The timing is interesting. I wonder if the club basically told Jacko in his exit meeting that it's in your best interest to look elsewhere for consistent playing time because we can't offer it.
I think that’s very likely.

With Smith and Macrae off the books and English signed for less than expected we will probably have a bit of a war chest.

Good for signing Darcy and Bont and should make us a player in this or next year’s trade period.

Completely different situation Macrae to Smith.

Macrae blended into the background, never about himself, did his job and did it well and was a key player for so many years including in 2016.

Hope he gets his wish and we treat him fairly and he goes on to finish his career as she should.

As previously mentioned, Smith can still GAGF.

Geez I hope we're in the ears of speedy gun mids at other clubs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 6 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back