Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 6 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

What’s he worth
Next to nothing. The value is in the salary cap space for us.

I'm not sure we can expect anything for a 30 year old player so has found himself on the fringes of the team. With the added complexity of the club doing the 'right' thing, I think receiving a late second would be the most we could expect.

We’re gunna look real dumb if he goes somewhere and crushes it in the midfield again.
I don’t really think we will. He wasn’t getting ahead of Bont, Treloar, Libba and Richards and wasn’t making much impact in the role he’s in.

If he goes to a battler he probably will start racking up 30 possessions a week and good on him.

Macrae looks cooked

Happens to a lot of players that age
I think when people bleat about all the talent on our list they still think of Daniel and Macrae as their AA former selves but both have faded a bit.

Still belongs in the AFL but it was pretty obvious early last year he was battling. Plenty of players who were great servants like Mitch Hahn, Lindsay Gilbee and Daniel Cross were slowing down by that age.

Next to nothing. The value is in the salary cap space for us.

I'm not sure we can expect anything for a 30 year old player so has found himself on the fringes of the team. With the added complexity of the club doing the 'right' thing, I think receiving a late second would be the most we could expect.

The more of his salary we oay the more we will ask for a higher pick I guess

To North Melbourne- if you were prepared to look at Viney to help with younger players, leadership and how to go about it look at Jack Macrae they don’t come much better

I mean if we want him, we don’t HAVE to trade him. He doesn’t seem to be a problematic player if he sticks around despite wanting to be traded.
If a player like this asks out after giving everything for 10+ years, you help them out. Especially now he's on the fringes

He's earned that much from us

Obviously very sad to see Macrae go for sentimental reasons, but I think it's clearly best for both the individual and the club.

He's had some moments but has otherwise been a shadow of his former self since about mid-2022, meaning around 2.5 seasons. We're better off not holding a player on the list who is on an AA-level contract, is in and out of the best 22 and likely only further declining.

Thanks for everything Jacko. Bullgod forever.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sad news. A three-time All-Australian that many great players of the modern era did not reach that level.

I thought to myself the quick speed in which we have re-signed Khamis - one of our few out of contract players - suggested to me that there's probably a greater chance one or both of Macrae or Daniel would be wanting to move on.

We have to keep open the possibility that other clubs may just not pay any meaningful amount of his existing salary, so he may stay, because we may as well keep him if we're only getting a half discount on his salary rather than a three quarter one or whatever.

JOD has been a free hit and should only get better. What his ceiling is I'm not sure, but I was super worried when Dear just brushed him aside in that 2nd quarter along the boundary.
It does show the Kane Cornes of the world screaming down the barrel of the camera "we have such a talented list so we should be winning" to be slightly wrong, if we're all agreeing that we're choosing between weak options between him and Khamis in a third tall role.

Hilarious to see the arguments on other boards.

Smith is OOC so you'll get Unders.

Jack is in contract, but it's a bit above average wage, so you'll get Unders.....
images

Totally disappointing. From what I saw he looked way more impressive than Caleb Daniel. But as long as Vandermeer is getting a game, and 3 time AA, premiership hero can’t, something is not right in there.

Macrae's last few matches

2024 EF - 7 disposals, 1M, 4T, MG 86, TOG 30%
Rnd 24 v GWS -23 disposals, 2M, 7T, MG 222, TOG 79%
Rnd 23 v Roos -16 disposals, 6M, 1T, MG 257, TOG 38%
Rnd 22 v Crows - DNP, no change
Rnd 21 v Melb - DNP, no change
Rnd 20 v Syd - DNP , dropped
Rnd 19 v Cats - 3 disposals, 1M, 2T, MG 22 , TOG 11%
Rnd 18 v Blues -21 disposals, 3M, 3T, MG 239, TOG 83%
Rnd 17 v Port -16 disposals, 3M, 3T, MG 181, TOG 85%

Will be unfortunate & sad to see him go elsewhere, he was dropped for 3 games which i suspect hammered his confidence

Remove this Banner Ad

Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 6 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back