Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 6 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Sad to see Jack go. A champion of the club who will always be held in the highest regard.

Good move for all parties though, doesn't dent his legacy with us.

I hope he doesn't go to a rebuild basket case for his sake.

Reckon StKilda would be a good fit. Looks like Brad Crouch may be an injury related early retirement and Jacko would slide straight into his role.

Absolutely sick that it’s come to this. Alright, if he’s not getting a gig inside mid, I can accept that. But when he has come in and played other roles this year he has been good to very good.

Then he’s out of the side again on Bevo’s whim.

Makes me sick that we have shown so much faith in VDM & McNeil despite poor performance and minimal upside, while a Bulldogs hero rots on the bench.

I would show Bevo the door and ask Jack to reconsider.

Genuinely gutted about this one.

this is the ridiculousness of Bevo, spuds like Gardy get played and played when its clear what they are, then with nothing much changing, they are banished never to play again, in this case with a long term deal

You are fully Al dente… Gardner was injured all year, not banished.

Shit post……

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Absolutely sick that it’s come to this. Alright, if he’s not getting a gig inside mid, I can accept that. But when he has come in and played other roles this year he has been good to very good.

Makes me sick that we have shown so much faith in VDM & McNeil despite poor performance and minimal upside, while a Bulldogs hero rots on the bench.

So you know for sure that Bevo's told him he's not wanted? Not that he's asked to go somewhere he'll be a top three mid and play every week?

Last edited:

Macrae doesn't play small forward like VDM or McNeil. He's fighting Garcia, Gallagher, Harmes, Daniel et al

Last edited:

What other role has he been good at?

Macrae is a great player, great guy and a club legend.

Very very sad to see him go. 😢

Maybe off to North, then you’ll have to say something nice about them 😉🤪

The same logic that saw us pick Gallagher consistently this season (on top of Vandermeer, McNeil etc.) despite games where he was getting 8 touches and turning over 4 of them was the same reasons we'd drop Macrae two games after getting 22 touches at 88% efficiency or whatever this year.

There was lots of criticisms last year about the ability for the opposition to move the ball from the deepest part of their defence through overrunning us and simple switches etc. and a lot of that was the simple fact that those pieces of play simply required one opposition player to be sprinting side by side with our player and the opposition player being faster than ours.

If we genuinely believe that Macrae will continue to decline in value and that he's only going to get slower from here, it's being on the hook for his contract in the final year or two that's going to be the issue. Whatever club he goes to will end up giving him a three year deal, which is a good thing to avoid.

Macrae doesn't play small forward like VDM or Gallagher. He's fighting Garcia, Gallagher, Harmes, Daniel et al
A 3x All Australian and premiership hero has the ability to change. If he got half the opportunity those other two and some others get, he’d be a great role player finishing his career at the only club he should.
I mentioned before Bevo is great but has a massive blind spot in selection.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A 3x All Australian and premiership hero has the ability to change. If he got half the opportunity those other two and some others get, he’d be a great role player finishing his career at the only club he should.
I mentioned before Bevo is great but has a massive blind spot in selection.
He’s not suddenly going to become significantly quicker

He was my fav after Bont back when he was like a T1000, just wind him up and off he went.
Pretty handy SuperCoach choice back then too 😁

Remove this Banner Ad

Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 6 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back