Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 6 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Clearly still hasn't gotten over Bevo destroying him at that press conference.
And the subsequent downfall of his career that came from the fallout of that. Its a shame certain media outlets (SEN and Ch9) don't have the moral ethics to keep this predator off our screens.

The tweet has been deleted, but here's a screenshot I just grabbed:

View attachment 2106999

Once a p** always a p** Morris. Leopards don't change their spots.

As for Smith, please tell us more. All
I see is a club that supported you during your drug issue, mental health issues, your ACL recovery and even allowed you on a midseason European jaunt this year. But I'm sure the club has been truly awful... 🙄

Once a p** always a p** Morris.

I see is a club that supported you during your drug issue, mental health issues, your ACL recovery and even allowed you on a midseason European jaunt this year. But I'm sure the club has been truly awful... 🙄
Should be grateful the club didn't kick him to the curb during his Bailey Sniff era.

That’s incorrect according to my source Rypstra already been told he won’t be offered an extension.
Why did we even draft him then? Barely got a few weeks in and then tore a hammy. Very harsh given you need a full preseason in the system at least, to know whether you have what it takes or not.

Once a p** always a p** Morris. Leopards don't change their spots.

Side note: am I the only one trying figure out the 3 letter swear word starting with P?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Still confident he gets another year.
Also wouldn't rule out the dogs blocking a trade for Macrea.
Melbourne and Pies both speaking to Daniel but he and Macrae won't be allowed to leave unless it's a significant offer.

Pies will get pick 20 for Noble.

They can use it on Daniel.

Given his injury history all we probably needed to see from Rypstra was that he could make it through half a season in the vfl.

He played 3 games, got injured, came back and got injured again.

Harsh but I don't think the upside is there to warrant a place on the list given how much time he's likely to miss over the journey. Keeping in mind he himself nominated a 6 month contract knowing how injury prone he is and that the shorter contract made it more appealing for a club to take a chance.

The tweet has been deleted, but here's a screenshot I just grabbed:

View attachment 2106999

Draper wasn't right you flog (Morris). I am pretty sure at the time, he was implying that there will be a mass exodus because of Bevo.

Smith was already talking to Geelong last year, before Draper said a thing. His mind was made up in 2023. Macrae wants full midfield time. Daniel may want the same.

No mass exodus because of Bevo that I can see. Media has been talking about a mass exodus that will happen at the Dogs for years now. Still waiting for it to happen.

Would be a different conversation if Macrae had one or two contract years left but the whole point of trading him is to get the salary off the books. If we're truly challenging for a flag, it matters more that draft picks.

Given he has $2 million or more guaranteed money left if anything I'd be willing to package a draft pick to get rid of 100% of it like a Jack Bowes deal or something (not entirely necessary as without Smith we don't have a salary cap crunch but the point holds true).

Would be a different conversation if Macrae had one or two contract years left but the whole point of trading him is to get the salary off the books. If we're truly challenging for a flag, it matters more that draft picks.

Given he has $2 million or more guaranteed money left if anything I'd be willing to package a draft pick to get rid of 100% of it like a Jack Bowes deal or something (not entirely necessary as without Smith we don't have a salary cap crunch but the point holds true).
We don't even have salary cap issues. That would just be plain stupid.

We don't even have salary cap issues. That would just be plain stupid.
But gives us the option to recruit free agents that we might not have otherwise been able to target.

Noah Balta in 2025 after another crap year? Million dollar contract to Dylan Moore? Etc

We won’t need to do that. North would happily take the whole contract to get him over the line and they might give him the option for another year.

What we get in return is a guessing game, but 100% of his salary will be off the books without us offering a pick.

Macrae will have his fair share of admirers.

Remove this Banner Ad

Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 6 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back