Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 6 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

We need to use the 2 first round picks from Geelong for Bailey Smith to get Dan Houston from Port Adelaide.

Houston would be a big step up from our current half back flank ball distributers.

We have the power in the Smith trade - Paul O'Connor works the long game with his clients and Bailey to Geelong would have been done 12 months ago. It is up to Andrew Mackie and the Cats to satisfy us.

I’d rather package those firsts to move up the draft board and nab a speedy mid. Or use them to get Butters.

Apparently Macrae annoyed Harmes was picked over him in the final.

Doesn’t sound like we are pushing him out either so I wonder if a trade will get done.

What a crock of shit that conversation was. They go on to list 4 midfielders that have wanted out because they haven’t received enough midfield time like it was something we could control.

How they do expect we could play them all as midfielders when we have 4 midfielders better than all of them?

Effectively, Brisbane’s first. There were trades in and out and picks moved and lots going on, but I consider Sanders to have been our natural 2023 and 2024 first picks, and Croft to be Brisbane’s pick.
Doesn't seem worth it 12 months after. But maybe he's a late bloomer.

Doesn't seem worth it 12 months after. But maybe he's a late bloomer.

The kid is lightning quick for a big man. He will be a very good player, he’s a twig at the moment though.

If we do lose JUH in two years, we’re going to be loving Croft mark my words.

Look what Mac cost the Suns. I’m of the opinion JUH will leave and we’ll get a draft haul for the ages. Naughton, Darcy, English, Croft, Buss, JOD, (buku?). Easily the best young spine in the comp.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The kid is lightning quick for a big man. He will be a very good player, he’s a twig at the moment though.

If we do lose JUH in two years, we’re going to be loving Croft mark my words.

Look what Mac cost the Suns. I’m of the opinion JUH will leave and we’ll get a draft haul for the ages. Naughton, Darcy, English, Croft, Buss, JOD, (buku?). Easily the best young spine in the comp.
I hope you're right. Hopefully we don't have a midfield that you can drive a bus through by then.

Doesn’t sound like we are pushing him out either so I wonder if a trade will get done.

The AFL media is embarrassing.

They all have to talk crap and make up things to justify their job.

There is way too many in the media for a sport that’s played in one country and not by all the states. Has no state teams no national team and we need to have an All Australian Team to feed the media

I also follow English Football and the media and commentary is so much of a higher standard. have a listen to bbc live sport and you will get am idea. Your ideas, opinions and expert opinion is challenged. Then again they have a 20 side league which as home and away not a compromised fixture, a national team, FA Cup, EPL Cup, relegation, European league games etc etc

Should have a quota on media in the AFL that will sort out a few so called experts

It's Barrett talking about us.

It's a longstanding grudge and it's personal. Grain of salt.

Everyone wants to play midfield. Guess what? Not everyone can play right in the guts. It's been crowded in there.

The 'experts' say it themselves. They're 'stacked' they cry repeatedly.

Macrae I understand. Smith I don't. The stat about him never once playing in the VFL - he's just a selfish p**** all about me. See ya later.

There is way too many in the media for a sport that’s played in one country and not by all the states. Has no state teams no national team and we need to have an All Australian Team to feed the media

I also follow English Football and the media and commentary is so much of a higher standard. have a listen to bbc live sport and you will get am idea. Your ideas, opinions and expert opinion is challenged. Then again they have a 20 side league which as home and away not a compromised fixture, a national team, FA Cup, EPL Cup, relegation, European league games etc etc

Should have a quota on media in the AFL that will sort out a few so called experts
ESPN FC is great to watch talks about most of the leagues in soccer

Agree with this.

Lots of people in AFL media are enamoured with American sport and their 'ideas' about how to cover footy are lifted directly from the NFL and the NBA.

It's how we ended up with American style media trolls like Kane Cornes.

Lot of crunts on here don't like Barge-arse Barrett, but he is obviously beyond doubt absolutely correct on this one. You have to give him kudos where it is due. We really tucked Jack around playing so many mediocrities ahead of him all year and we paid the price in the end. Good luck to him. Our loss. So embarrassing for him to leave like this.

If he does go of course.

Remove this Banner Ad

Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 6 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back