Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 6 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

The right price for Marra would be way too much for anyone to afford for us to even consider.

The only team that could satisfy what we would be asking is Richmond after they get a bucket load of firsts.

Marra is going to be one of the biggest stars in the comp, we need to keep him.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
He won't be on the move but the Trades that'd move the needle would be with North or Tigers.

North (Pick 2 and F1)
Tigers ( Pick 6 via rioli, pick 11 via Bolton and an F1)
There is only few players in the competition with similar trade prices on there head and the 2 year contract helps.

Obviously the Marra trade talks are laughable. But definitely worth noting that Sam Edmund reported yesterday that some at dogs are not entirely happy with his preparation leading into some games throughout this season.
There are definite frustration there, mainly around the company that Jamarra keeps but not enough to force a trade. Something he needs to manage and fix as he matures.

Apparently we're still in the mix (with 3 other clubs) for Dan Houston. We're a bit light on for running defenders outside of Dale & Bramble and Houston has the flexibility to play elsewhere.

If we could turn the Smith & Macrae combo (salary & picks) for Houston then it would be a team improvement.
I’d organise the transport!

McNeil & Duyrea locks away the ones we knew are going on next season. Hope for Garcia to re-sign.

Houston makes sense to as a wing but not sure if he wants to play wing or inside mid. I believe part of his leaving is he's not playing in the midfield. Would be great to beat the blues & Pies in getting a premium player of Houston.

He’s leaving to move back to vic, only reason he’s doing it. Multiple in the know sources have confirmed this.

I don’t follow port a lot has he played much wing for them?

The concern is if we pay the reported asking price multiple first rounders is what’s been reported. Then he flops on the wing as it’s a harder position to play than half back as the play isn’t solely in front of you.

There is no doubting the talent he has it’s just his main position is not a position of need and getting him to play a position he may not be familiar with is a risk

Houston has played mid at port and was good, he’s just far better behind the ball and we’ve got butters rozee jhf wines and drew to go through the middle. Port doesn’t really play through our wings , it’s always been kind of a dead spot for players in our side. Our running players come off halfback. Houston is more than capable of playing wing, but any side with any idea will use him the exact same way we do.

People who write Houston off as a halfback tho are kinda stuck in the middle ages or don’t watch port games.

Starts at halfback but pushes up the ground. Must get 99.9999% of his touches between the arcs. Basically plays as a mid behind the ball, uses his intercepting ability and run.

He’s a freak, and easily in our top 2 players this year (butters / Houston … with jhf fast about to leap them both). He’s clutch as ****, amazing all rounder with no real weakness, and durable as all hell.

When we lose him we can write off being a cup threat for years imo. We go so far backwards.

I doubt dogs are in with a chance. One trusted in the know has stated he wants Carlton, tho he has already changed his mind once already so if Carlton **** us around on trade price who knows.

Can’t see you having a good offer tho. Geelongs pick is going to be late and your first next year after adding Dan to your team we have to factor in could be late again. An offer I would hope we laugh off. Dans contracted for years so no threat of him going anywhere. Money on it tho, reckon he goes, blues are just posturing right now via their media puppets about their first being off the table.

Obviously the Marra trade talks are laughable. But definitely worth noting that Sam Edmund reported yesterday that some at dogs are not entirely happy with his preparation leading into some games throughout this season.

Makes no sense to me. If you look at his socials, he prepares pretty darn well to me (mid week boxing, strength and conditioning/stretching the day before a game).
I can’t see why he would then make poor decisions outside of these sessions.

Funny because almost every game

Marra is leading a boxing session with a few players for warms ups

He’s leaving to move back to vic, only reason he’s doing it. Multiple in the know sources have confirmed this.

Houston has played mid at port and was good, he’s just far better behind the ball and we’ve got butters rozee jhf wines and drew to go through the middle. Port doesn’t really play through our wings , it’s always been kind of a dead spot for players in our side. Our running players come off halfback. Houston is more than capable of playing wing, but any side with any idea will use him the exact same way we do.

People who write Houston off as a halfback tho are kinda stuck in the middle ages or don’t watch port games.

Starts at halfback but pushes up the ground. Must get 99.9999% of his touches between the arcs. Basically plays as a mid behind the ball, uses his intercepting ability and run.

He’s a freak, and easily in our top 2 players this year (butters / Houston … with jhf fast about to leap them both). He’s clutch as ****, amazing all rounder with no real weakness, and durable as all hell.

When we lose him we can write off being a cup threat for years imo. We go so far backwards.

I doubt dogs are in with a chance. One trusted in the know has stated he wants Carlton, tho he has already changed his mind once already so if Carlton **** us around on trade price who knows.

Can’t see you having a good offer tho. Geelongs pick is going to be late and your first next year after adding Dan to your team we have to factor in could be late again. An offer I would hope we laugh off. Dans contracted for years so no threat of him going anywhere. Money on it tho, reckon he goes, blues are just posturing right now via their media puppets about their first being off the table.

We will get Geelong’s first + f1 for Smith; but I’d rather spend that elsewhere than Houston.

Makes no sense to me. If you look at his socials, he prepares pretty darn well to me (mid week boxing, strength and conditioning/stretching the day before a game).

Funny because almost every game

Marra is leading a boxing session with a few players for warms ups

It was definitely a suprise for me too. His socials are usually him boxing in the morning and exercises the night before each match with Vandermeer.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He won't be on the move but the Trades that'd move the needle would be with North or Tigers.

North (Pick 2 and F1)
Tigers ( Pick 6 via rioli, pick 11 via Bolton and an F1)
There is only few players in the competition with similar trade prices on there head and the 2 year contract helps.

There are definite frustration there, mainly around the company that Jamarra keeps but not enough to force a trade. Something he needs to manage and fix as he matures.
Was living with Smith. He is becoming close to unmanageable and is set to move in with Lobb in the hope he can set him straight.

Haven't we all at some point

been munted the night before work

yes i know he's a professional

I'm not fussed, i think it's an overreaction esp when some of the best players in the league are powder fiends

Jamarra training isn't the issue. It's his love of a certain substance that is causing concern.

Are we bringing anyone into the club or are we just losing players and hitting the draft
We've been linked to a heap of mids and utilities - weirdly to me, no other positions (apart from Barrass weeks ago).
Strongest noise is around Peatling from GWS

Jamarra training isn't the issue. It's his love of a certain substance that is causing concern.
We as a league need to grow up regarding coke cola

80% of the league does it and they been doing it since the 70s

It's nothing new

Haven't we all at some point

been munted the night before work

yes i know he's a professional

I'm not fussed, i think it's an overreaction esp when some of the best players in the league are powder fiends
Before work I'd have an issue with. Would 100% effect his performance in a large way. After games, don't care as long as he's not an idiot about it and can keep it under wraps. Medieval media would have a field day with it - which would impact the club to some degree.

Isn’t Lobb known as a massive party boy too lol
Maybe more in his younger days, he is married now I suppose
I will say that perhaps JUH is in the middle (or recovering) from some issues in his personal life. He had a serious partner that he moved in and bought a dog with, and that relationship has now ended. At the end of the day, we do forget that he's a 22 year young man trying to find his own way in life.

We as a league need to grow up regarding coke cola

80% of the league does it and they been doing it since the 70s

It's nothing new
Personally if you hit the field and perform on the weekend I couldn't give 2 shits what you drink or snort during the week

I will say that perhaps JUH is in the middle (or recovering) from some issues in his personal life. He had a serious partner that he moved in and bought a dog with, and that relationship has now ended. At the end of the day, we do forget that he's a 22 year young man trying to find his own way in life.
Exactly, back the kid in support him. We seem to be the only club happy to push players away

Remove this Banner Ad

Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 6 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back