Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 6 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

I think Jamarra will be a total star when he fixes his kicking and gets to peak fitness, but his worst games are hopeless.

There were some warning signs midseason when he had games where he looked behind the pace and went up one handed etc. he papered over the cracks by kicking a goal or two.

There was nowhere to hide in the final though. In some respects (hopefully not all) it’s reminiscent of Stringer - explosive and dominant at his best and barely sighted at his worst. Would not surprise if poor preparation (or enjoying nightlife a bit much) were a factor.

His last six or so games of the H&A season looked like a turning point. Hopefully the penny drops soon.

If Macrae goes to the saints. i would hope for a deal like this.

Macrae and 33 to the saints

24 & 43 to the dogs.

going by points value it values Macrae around pick 32. Seem pretty fair for all
I'd probably prefer 43 & the F3 if I had a choice. I'd rather have another crack at bringing in an additional kid at the F3 rather than upgrading our pick by 9 spots.

A proposed trade for Macrea would see St.kilda send their third round pick (currently 43) and a future third to the dogs for Jack macrea and full Salary.
If it's true that we are happy to keep him and his salary isn't an issue, I don't see this being an attractive offer for us. I guess we'll find out if it's true.

I think Jamarra will be a total star when he fixes his kicking and gets to peak fitness, but his worst games are hopeless.

There were some warning signs midseason when he had games where he looked behind the pace and went up one handed etc. he papered over the cracks by kicking a goal or two.

There was nowhere to hide in the final though. In some respects (hopefully not all) it’s reminiscent of Stringer - explosive and dominant at his best and barely sighted at his worst. Would not surprise if poor preparation (or enjoying nightlife a bit much) were a factor.

His last six or so games of the H&A season looked like a turning point. Hopefully the penny drops soon.
I remember those games and thinking on several occasions he should have been dropped, but it was mostly in games we lost where the whole team did not play well.

I wonder whether his contract status at the time affected the match-committee's decision.

Either way, the hawks made him (and us) eat humble pie and maybe that is not a bad thing especially for Jamarra.

On SM-A505YN using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If it's true that we are happy to keep him and his salary isn't an issue, I don't see this being an attractive offer for us. I guess we'll find out if it's true.
I think after all he's given us we'll respect his wishes and get him to where he wants to go.
I assume St Kilda cover his entire contract in that deal.

Hunter was a sleeper agent sent to ruin Clayton Oliver’s career and bring chaos to the Demons.

Nah who are we kidding they were headed that way regardless.

That being said, we have really struggled to replace his on field production. Even though he was cooked the year we moved him on. We’ve tried a lot of different options to pair with Bailey Williams and none have worked. Houston would be a god send, but won’t happen for a few reasons.

Though i reckon Tigers will get it

We should be aiming to secure Pick 14 from the Lions

Package up Bailey Smith and Macrae picks to get back into the mid teir of the draft

Though i reckon Tigers will get it

We should be aiming to secure Pick 14 from the Lions

Package up Bailey Smith and Macrae picks to get back into the mid teir of the draft
Tigers are going to be loaded with picks this year

If St Kilda offer 2 3rds for just Macrae, I would take that and run.

As for JUH, I will say the same thing I said earlier in the year when the same rumours were posted here. If the dogs can’t handle JUH and have to trade him, then just fold the club and move it to Tassie.

We as a league need to grow up regarding coke cola

80% of the league does it and they been doing it since the 70s

It's nothing new
It's an interesting premise though. It is illegal. So should we really grow up about something that is breaking the law?
Also, if ingested within 24hrs prior to game, it is considered performance enhancing. So there is that element also.

Should the league also grow up about drink driving?

I get people do it, i'm not naive enough to think otherwise, but that doesn't mean we should accept it and turn a blind eye to it.

It's an interesting premise though. It is illegal. So should we really grow up about something that is breaking the law?
Also, if ingested within 24hrs prior to game, it is considered performance enhancing. So there is that element also.

Should the league also grow up about drink driving?

I get people do it, i'm not naive enough to think otherwise, but that doesn't mean we should accept it and turn a blind eye to it.
AFL never takes any matters seriously if it impacts their game

by the letter of law, players who are drunk driving should be banned from the league
Since that's more dangerous than taking party drugs

Some of the best players in the league have been on 2 strikes for years and AFL will never ban them since it impacts their cash flow

Remove this Banner Ad

Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 6 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back