Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 6 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

I hope so. 🤞
But going off what we got for Dunkley. I'm not holding my breath.

I'd also guess any trade for Huston would have to involve Daniel going to Port.
Just looking at it from Port's point of view. I'd want picks at least in the top 10-12 for Huston.
Also they are box seat with 4-5 suitors for Huston. As far as I'm aware there isn't a bidding war for Smith as everyone is resigned to him going to Geelong.
As usual it will totally depend on who he nominates.

Whatever is going on down in Geelong, its finite. For all the stuff we're guessing thats happening in plain sight, it wasn't enough for them to keep GAJ off the GCS 14 years ago. All the talk about farm land being offered on the side etc... surely they would've kept GAJ. Or do we reckon this stuff happened after he left?
He took a massive pay day and went running back home

Jack Martin delisted by Carlton surely we have a look, 1 year contract with games trigger for a second year, if fit walks into our forward line.

Jack Martin delisted by Carlton surely we have a look, 1 year contract with games trigger for a second year, if fit walks into our forward line.
We wanted him badly in the draft and then when he left the Suns, I don’t think we need him now though, just too injury prone. But the most talented player I ever saw in his draft year, he used to tear games apart.

Last edited:
We should “chip” away at Ollie Dempsey, make it our Mission to get him to the Dogs.
We could start small, play the long game like the Cats have, maybe Bevo could give him some salsa lessons. Nacho far fetched is it 😉
I’m sure the mood at the Cattery would be very sombrero if we took him.

Whatever is going on down in Geelong, its finite. For all the stuff we're guessing thats happening in plain sight, it wasn't enough for them to keep GAJ off the GCS 14 years ago. All the talk about farm land being offered on the side etc... surely they would've kept GAJ. Or do we reckon this stuff happened after he left?
I think it’s finite and things like investment opportunities necessarily mean the players need to risk their hard earned.

A lot of them, though, have been involved in joint ventures in hospitality etc with other Geelong faces. It’s a joke.

Have heard plenty of stories over the years, like the Collingwood players leasing vehicles for $1 from a sponsor (only for T Cloke to repeatedly total them). I doubt we’re immune though. Bont loves his Mercedes family van.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

big no thanks on Jack Martin

issues with his body but can play still,

it was only a few months ago that a close mate, elite footy coach, and mad blues fan told me that a fit Martin made Carlton much better.

Remove this Banner Ad

Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 6 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back