Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 6 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Bont, Treloar, Richards, Libba as the clear A-Team
Sanders, Gallagher, Garcia, West, 2024 1st round pick as the next in lines.

Don't think it is so bad. Moving on Macrae means the younger guys will get a clearer run at consistent games, even if it is as a HF rotation.
Sanders needs to play every game next year.

Happens when players move to other states and don't nominate a specific club in state. Eg: all the Richmond boys asking to go back to WA but didn't specify club.
Who has nominated a state without a club previously?? I think you will find those boys will nomimate soon enough. This year may be the first if we do see it happen then.

Bont, Treloar, Richards, Libba as the clear A-Team
Sanders, Gallagher, Garcia, West, 2024 1st round pick as the next in lines.

Don't think it is so bad. Moving on Macrae means the younger guys will get a clearer run at consistent games, even if it is as a HF rotation.

Got smashed in another final. We have to change up the mix I think.

He might just want to wait until closer to trade period to announce where he wants to go. Maybe he wants to keep his options open in case an opportunity comes up.

I don't think it's cryptic, maybe Geelong still is in the picture but things are done different ways. Smith is clearly going to Geelong but doesn't want to be a distraction for finals it seems, Barrass and Battle were happy to nominate Hawthorn while they are still alive in the finals.

Macrae might just want to announce it on his own terms or wait until after B+F. Could be 100 different reasons other than wanting to join a club still in the finals. Without any inside information it does seem like there is an interest from St Kilda and they probably make the most sense
He does make alot of sense for st kilda. Couldnt find much at all on it except articles stating without much input st kilda or geelong so figured i would ask in here.

Just found it odd for a player to state a trade then not say the club. Usually players just wait till they nominate.

Times and management practices are changing i guess

Hence why I said Depth. Libba and Treloar both have injury concerns. Especially Treloar and soft tissue injuries.

Moreso giving match committee a chance to select Seb after his 25 disposal game for Footscray to come into the middle and get CBAs in front of Ryley. Not an awful depth option, but would just rather keep it clear to get minutes into Sanders, Garcia, Gallagher etc rather than the chance of Seb becoming a coaches favourite.

Moreso giving match committee a chance to select Seb after his 25 disposal game for Footscray to come into the middle and get CBAs in front of Ryley. Not an awful depth option, but would just rather keep it clear to get minutes into Sanders, Garcia, Gallagher etc rather than the chance of Seb becoming a coaches favourite.

I don't think it would, if he was fully against giving Macrae midfield minutes I don't see it happening with Ross

I'm with you though. We've got our main four, we've got Sanders next in line. Then there is still Garcia, Gallagher, even West still who Id prefer get the minutes if we have that many midfield injuries. Harmes as well for the big bodiedness.

Just feels like a waste of a list spot to bring in 30yo single position depth. Only use for him would be if 4-5 guys in the same position gets injured at once

Say we acquire Geelong’s first + f1. What kind of pick could that buy us if we’re looking to trade up?
Assuming we find someone who wants the 'points', 2 x pick 18s are worth pick 5 (worst case, not counting FS etc).

Unless they bet that cats are going to tumble down the ladder?

You won't get that as the seller world expect better value.

Maybe pick 7 or 8 at best.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A friend uploaded a photo to instagram of her with 3 guys... I couldn't recognise the other two but one was Bailey Sniff

I said he's a narcissist and she said I was just salty he's leaving the dogs.

Apparently he's "really funny".

She's a Richmond nuffie 😏

He does make alot of sense for st kilda. Couldnt find much at all on it except articles stating without much input st kilda or geelong so figured i would ask in here.

Just found it odd for a player to state a trade then not say the club. Usually players just wait till they nominate.

Times and management practices are changing i guess

Jeebus, like a dog with a bone !!
All I can tell you is if he goes to the Cats my stomach would churn. It’s bad enough thinking of him in a Saints jumper.

We need to be aggressive traders and get some good picks in this draft. It’s such an even draft that we can set ourselves up with a good 5-6 picks.

Think we should be moving Daniel on and happy to move on Garcia for the right price as well.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Why move on Garcia only to try to replace him ... with another midfielder anyway

We need more not less

We need to be aggressive traders and get some good picks in this draft. It’s such an even draft that we can set ourselves up with a good 5-6 picks.

Think we should be moving Daniel on and happy to move on Garcia for the right price as well.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

And you better believe they will be in the team round 1 ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 6 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back