Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 6 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

He does make alot of sense for st kilda. Couldnt find much at all on it except articles stating without much input st kilda or geelong so figured i would ask in here.

Just found it odd for a player to state a trade then not say the club. Usually players just wait till they nominate.

Times and management practices are changing i guess
It’s possible there are multiple irons in the fire and he doesn’t want to upset one.

Assuming we find someone who wants the 'points', 2 x pick 18s are worth pick 5 (worst case, not counting FS etc).

Unless they bet that cats are going to tumble down the ladder?

You won't get that as the seller world expect better value.

Maybe pick 7 or 8 at best.
I dont think those 2 picks get us near that with the supposed top end of this draft.

If we had both we might be able to get towards something like freo's pick 10 depending what they're doing. There seems to be a lot of chatter about them going after Warner so pushing a pick into next year might be on the cards for them

Jeebus, like a dog with a bone !!
All I can tell you is if he goes to the Cats my stomach would churn. It’s bad enough thinking of him in a Saints jumper.
All we know is he wants out, to a vic club and he wont say who, and only geelong and hawks are playing finals. If he is waiting for a club to bow out like is often the case, its probably one of them. Or for whatever odd reason he is waiting to say saints

All we know is he wants out, to a vic club and he wont say who, and only geelong and hawks are playing finals. If he is waiting for a club to bow out like is often the case, its probably one of them. Or for whatever odd reason he is waiting to say saints

It’s hardly unusual for a player to say they want to be traded without naming a club straight away. It happens multiple times each trade period. Macrae isn’t even the first this year, it was Neal-Bullen.

That is some seriously in-depth analysis. I smell a rat with this Macrae move, and I think you're onto it. You know more than you're letting on, yeah? 😉

Moreso giving match committee a chance to select Seb after his 25 disposal game for Footscray to come into the middle and get CBAs in front of Ryley. Not an awful depth option, but would just rather keep it clear to get minutes into Sanders, Garcia, Gallagher etc rather than the chance of Seb becoming a coaches favourite.
You're right haha, that could become a real possibility. I didn't consider that 😅😅

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Port paying Sweet minimum chips and getting further than we have paying Tim far more is kind of funny given all the talk here over the years.
All the rucks left would be on cheapish contracts except Grundy who is getting a 3rd paid by the Pies

We are paying huge money for 5 years to a guy that gives up career highs week in, week out

Last edited:
Overwhelming Majority nominate a club.

Very odd this has upset some posters on here. I honestly had no idea bulldog fans had a dislike for geelong. Most geelong fans like and respect the dogs.

It’s not Geelong fans generally, it’s that you’re hanging around here repeating the same dumb comments. You come across as a bit of a moron.

Very odd this has upset some posters on here. I honestly had no idea bulldog fans had a dislike for geelong. Most geelong fans like and respect the dogs.
Reading your comments on the Geelong board it didn’t seem apparent to me.

We don’t mind opposition fans coming here we just don’t like the ones that have been told something but still argue the point

Guys.
We are picking up at least one other clubs de-listed player, it is the Dogs way.

The question is, who will it be this year?
My guess ATM would be Ethan Hughes

Experienced player that can play multiple roles

I hope Arty Jones is watching this Willie Rioli game!

Not sure what Harry Morrison would provide us
His kicking has been pretty bad tonight

My guess ATM would be Ethan Hughes

Experienced player that can play multiple roles
He hasn't been delisted as yet but Ben Paton would be nice as a lockdown defender. He was tracking to be one of the best before breaking his Tib and Fib.
Since Lyon has gone back there he has tried to move him up onto a wing with no success.

Remove this Banner Ad

Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 6 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back