Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 6 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some players just excel in other structures. Sweet was a dead set spud when he played for us. What can you do?

I think he was quite solid for us. He was just behind English and we refused to play them together. He was more than solid when he played games when English was out.

It probably doesn't matter now. Once we got Lobb and Darcy it did become a Sweet vs English scenario and we were always going to choose English and rightfully. They probably should've played together more in 2022 but he would have left anyway at the end of last year anyway. I'm happy he's doing well, really taking his chance at AFL level. Proved he was too good for state level footy

He hasn't been delisted as yet but Ben Paton would be nice as a lockdown defender. He was tracking to be one of the best before breaking his Tib and Fib.
Since Lyon has gone back there he has tried to move him up onto a wing with no success.
Don't mind Paton

Fully expect us to go with Boner and shift Dale to the wing

Some players just excel in other structures and teams. Sweet was a dead set spud when he played for us. What can you do?

A spud with something like 80% win rate for games he played. A spud we would be at least 3 wins better off each year with, when we constantly get rolled by the opposition ruck doing what they like for 4 quarters. Sometimes our mids can pick up the slack, sometimes they can’t - like last week and an early finals exit.

Jack Martin delisted by Carlton surely we have a look, 1 year contract with games trigger for a second year, if fit walks into our forward line.
I don't think he does he doesn't bring enough defensive pressure to suit our forward line. We have enough marking targets, we more need a Papley type.
If we have to draft one Joe Berry worth a look not sure of his draft range though

I don't think he does he doesn't bring enough defensive pressure to suit our forward line. We have enough marking targets, we more need a Papley type.

Agreed. Don't think he is the type we need. He's been more of that pseudo third tall marking target but his defensive work isn't fantastic. Even without his injury issues (must be 8 straight years of soft tissues, maybe got through one full game this year). I don't think we'd have interest.

Disappointed with how his career has gone. Remember watching him in the underages and he looked like the next Ablett. Just had a real nothing career. Sounds like he'll get one more chance to rectify it at Fremantle

A spud with something like 80% win rate for games he played. A spud we would be at least 3 wins better off each year with, when we constantly get rolled by the opposition ruck doing what they like for 4 quarters. Sometimes our mids can pick up the slack, sometimes they can’t - like last week and an early finals exit.
If only Bevo gifted games to Sweet instead of English. Or played English as a Forward and Sweet in the Ruck.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I honestly had no idea bulldog fans had a dislike for geelong.

"Dislike" is not a word I'd use regarding Geelong.

Detest is getting closer. But if I posted what I really think about your football club, I'd get a lifetime ban from BF as a start, and quite possibly the constabulary at my front door concerned that I would enact parts of my hypothetical post.

Now you have some idea. 😉

I'm not sure the talk of Macrae not naming a club yet means it's definitely a club still playing. Unless I misread he didnt even make the trade request in his exit interview, it came after.

A possibility is he went into his exit interview wanting to talk about what his role was, maybe hoping that baz moving on and maybe some other moves would see him solidly back in rotations. didnt get the answers he was hoping for and is now working through where he will go. There's no real rush for him to make a decision if he's s till working through it

As far as smalls are concerned, watching Rioli tonight, boy could we do with someone like that. I know he's inconsistent but watching tonight. Just deadly with the ball on the ground, pace to get out the back of the defenders. Creative everytime he got it further up the ground. Just one of those smalls tonight where he makes every dfeender around him nervous. We've been crying out for soemthing like that for years

. Just deadly with the ball on the ground, pace to get out the back of the defenders. Creative everytime he got it further up the ground. We have one of those forwards and he loves to paint the only problem he goes missing in finals

Wizard and Rioli best two players on the ground last night.

Elite small forwards are more valuable than overpaid key position forwards in finals.
Jase Burgoyne BOG for me other than Camperdown Kenny giving it to Ginni. Bad look but funny and deserved.
Sicily should slap Ginni, not have a go at Kenny.

But he wasn’t a spud with us, he was never given a fair go to find his feet. He’d play a good game, an average one then get rissoled.
Yes he was and still is. He's useless in every other facet of the game other than stoppages. That said, I'm starting to think he's attributes are more important as a ruckman than English's and he'd suit our team better.

Jase Burgoyne BOG for me other than Camperdown Kenny giving it to Ginni. Bad look but funny and deserved.
Sicily should slap Ginni, not have a go at Kenny.

But Sicily won't because 'everyone is an individual and has a personality' and all that. Only problem is it's a team game and the actions of one impact all. Amazing Ginnivan hasn't figured that out yet.

FWIW, I wake up this morning and think we should move heaven and earth to get Butters. Would change us enormously in an instant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back