Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 6 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep that would be a good outcome Dale to the wing and play him off the back of the square
Imagine moving our All Australian half back and adding Bonner & Paton to our defence and thinking it would be a positive.

Paton isn’t the worst option as a Duryea replacement but Bonner is a horrific call.

Hope not , boner is trash
I don’t see us going for Boner. Speed is the one trait the offcasts we have picked up have had.

Boner does not have speed.

I fully expect our priorities to be around speed and defensive intensity this off season. Unlike other years I’m very confident Bevo and the recruitment team know what the missing pieces are given the RIGHT decisions during the start of the year to play faster players over Macrae and Daniel.

But Sicily won't because 'everyone is an individual and has a personality' and all that. Only problem is it's a team game and the actions of one impact all. Amazing Ginnivan hasn't figured that out yet.

FWIW, I wake up this morning and think we should move heaven and earth to get Butters. Would change us enormously in an instant.
Butters could absolutely be transformative if we could get him in. If he can be enticed you just pay the price. Particularly before the inevitable decline of Bont in a few more years.

Would love to see him in the RW&B should be working on him could win us a Flag

Yep. It's no different to the brown paper bags from Carlton 20-30 years ago if they can prove it's actually happening.
And wouldn’t it be great to see Geelong get treated the way Carlton and Essendon were and they fall into oblivion for 20 plus years

rioli looks like he ate the package
He could like Gina Rinehardt for all I care. If we can find a similar quick crumbing forward we should be all over them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we can find a similar quick crumbing forward we should be all over them.

Yeah this has been a gap that hasn’t been plugged since Dickson retired. Weightman has been on and off but Dicko was consistent

Yeah this has been a gap that hasn’t been plugged since Dickson retired. Weightman has been on and off but Dicko was consistent

I wouldn't have considered Dickson a quick crumbing forward. He was a terrific finisher, but he wasn't quick and was more a lead and mark player than a crumber. Cody isn't really a crumber either, we need a Steve Kolyniuk type.

Hope not , boner is trash
One-way defender. Great rebounder, doesn't defend. I hope we're not interested. I'd play Freijah over him right now.

I wouldn't have considered Dickson a quick crumbing forward. He was a terrific finisher, but he wasn't quick and was more a lead and mark player than a crumber. Cody isn't really a crumber either, we need a Steve Kolyniuk type.

Dicko was a sharp shooter with a great eye for goals. Since Dicko there’s been a few players rotated through that sort of role but haven’t really nailed it.

We just need a player who can go low, has smarts about them and can bloody kick straight when it’s needed

Dicko’s career accuracy was phenomenal IMO -75% strike rate

Can’t believe we are talking about Bonner.. who has just been delisted by a second club. 🤦🏻‍♂️

3gwdow.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back