Strategy Trade and List Management Thread Part 7 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't see Saints trading their 1st rounder unless they have a pick straight after from the Battle compo
Yeah Maybe. I guess it depends where they see themselves. Do they take the chance of slipping down if their looking at a KPP at their first pick or have a wing target or even they plan to take Hotton.

I think Saints have no intention on using pick 24 in any discussions for Macrae, which is fair. Though, I think they will be more open to it IF they get top tier compensation for Battle. They don't have many picks themselves. But it will still involve something going back the other way, or us paying in part some of his salary for a couple of seasons.

I dont see St Kilda going for that deal at all. People forgetting how much we had to pay to upgrade a pick last year already
I think Saints have no intention on using pick 24 in any discussions for Macrae, which is fair. Though, I think they will be more open to it IF they get top tier compensation for Battle. But it will still involve something going back the other way, or us paying in part some of his salary for a couple of seasons.
Really depends how the salary split is going. It sounds like we're pushing for the pick but will be willing to pay a fair chunk of the salary.

If we think we can get better picks by paying some salary i'm all for it if the club can squeeze it in. Not sure how much cap pressure ST Kilda would realistically be under though

Cap room still matters independent of being truly in a "squeeze" or not, whether it be not losing a player in the future, the potential to recruit a player in the future, or being opportunistic at the right time, like us recruiting Treloar.

Jones yes, Lobb no.
Club seem pretty bullish on Lobb playing into his mid 30s

I heard Lobb on the radio recently speaking about how he was a late starter to AFL so he reckons his body isnt as banged up as others his age. He was confident he's got another 3-4 years yet.

as far as our midfield rotations, it was really the Treloar recruitment that became the spanner in the works as far as breaking into the midfield for other players. Love Ads, and he's been great but it knocked everone bar bont and libba 1 spot further from getting the midfield role they wanted
Except that… he’s been better than they probably would have been…
How is that a bad thing? 🤔

No De Koning in for Geelong for Saturday.

Christ almighty, if that was a Dogs player of his stature there'd be 23 articles about "trouble at the kennel" and "Bevo risks upsetting his stars to play favourites".

How the hell do we get Geelong level of lack of gossip, fear-mongering and rhetoric?

Come to the Dogs, Sam, we'll play you in a Prelim.
Send Lobby, Naughty and Timmy down to Geelong to take poor forgotten Sam out for a nice lunch and a little pep talk about nominating the Dogs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Except that… he’s been better than they probably would have been…
How is that a bad thing? 🤔
well, it's a question of defining bad I guess. There's a lot of factors involved likely in both Dunkley and Smith leaving, but 2 years or so from now we'd definitely have been better off with one of them. Treloar has played better footy but those guys will be playing good footy long after Treloar calls it a day

Does anyone keep tabs on the number of rumours of either players being interested in us or of us being interested in a player over this draft period? Would be interested in the percentage of rumours that eventuate into fact. Betting it is less than one percent ( and that’s with rounding up)

Does anyone keep tabs on the number of rumours of either players being interested in us or of us being interested in a player over this draft period? Would be interested in the percentage of rumours that eventuate into fact. Betting it is less than one percent ( and that’s with rounding up)
A bit closer to trade week there's usually a "more concrete rumours" thread that gets started, that usually only runs about 2 pages.

So compared to the 1000 posts in this thread, your maths is probably about right.

Remove this Banner Ad

Strategy Trade and List Management Thread Part 7 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back