Strategy Trade and List Management Thread Part 7 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Apparently Bevo and Sam will be wine and dining two Geelong players for the Bailey Smith trade

No thanks, would much rather draft picks. There’s no gettable Geelong player that we’d need.

Apparently Bevo and Sam will be wine and dining two Geelong players for the Bailey Smith trade
If we want anything approaching fair value from the hand we have been dealt in the Smith trade then this is one way of going about it.

Even if it doesn't come off sniffing around Geelongs players does put some level of pressure on them to cough up.

Good strategy in the circumstances

I was big on Kai Lohmann instead of some combination of Brisbane's picks. Can see why Brisbane didn't want to give up the element of certainty that they had a talent on their hands, rather than the possibility of one with a pick (which in turn got us Clarke which of course Lohmann is an upgrade on)

Draft watchers constantly raving about the depth of this draft and especially the quality in the teens - out to the 20s. That pick 15/16 from Geelong is looking pretty tasty, I still it probably ends up as pick 16/future 2nd plus maybe sweetener when all is said and done, we'll see, but I'm happy to get back into the 1st round of this draft as part of it...

I was big on Kai Lohmann instead of some combination of Brisbane's picks. Can see why Brisbane didn't want to give up the element of certainty that they had a talent on their hands, rather than the possibility of one with a pick (which in turn got us Clarke which of course Lohmann is an upgrade on)
I thought Lohmann was dumb for wanting to stay and thinking he could earn a spot in that Lions best 22 instead of coming back to Victoria, because it didn't look like it. Credit to him though, has improved a ton and done just that...

I guess Dev Robertson is the other side of that coin, could have taken a big contract from the Eagles or Freo and played a ton of games this season.

A few of us that wanted him got hounded on here because he was a dud.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Draft watchers constantly raving about the depth of this draft and especially the quality in the teens - out to the 20s. That pick 15/16 from Geelong is looking pretty tasty, I still it probably ends up as pick 16/future 2nd plus maybe sweetener when all is said and done, we'll see, but I'm happy to get back into the 1st round of this draft as part of it...
You hear this every year though and by definition it has to be relative.

You rarely if ever hear "this drag has no depth and pick 15 is useless".

Even to that, the eventual, career output of a given draft never truly lines up with what they were saying before it, either.

The lions will need to let a few go who have not played much this season. I know the Irishman James Madden is super quick and being late to the game may have a big upside. Not sure he is available nut but could be exactly what we need.

Ted Clohesy?

For an opposition view if the cats were willing to throw up anyone its probably either clohesy or knevitt (although both are locals who are close with our other geelong guys they are expendable on field wise). Anyone else you would likely ask for is less likely to be willing to go.

Not sure on names but Dogs are viewing this chance to bring in young talent and experience

As Geelong aren't moving on their pick offers ATM

Obs it's a very early trade talks ATM but Dogs are being aggressive in what they are asking for this time around

With Geelong wooing Smith over the last two years, they are using that against Geelong in early talks apparently

Yep let's hope the forward structure will work in the future The current Bulldogs forward coach who never actually played the majority as a forward and kicked a total of 13 goals in his career
Wonder if Fev would entertain coaching our forwards for a slab or 2?

Not sure on names but Dogs are viewing this chance to bring in young talent and experience

As Geelong aren't moving on their pick offers ATM

Obs it's a very early trade talks ATM but Dogs are being aggressive in what they are asking for this time around

With Geelong wooing Smith over the last two years, they are using that against Geelong in early talks apparently
Any idea on Geelong’s current pick offers?

Remove this Banner Ad

Strategy Trade and List Management Thread Part 7 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back