Strategy Trade and List Management Thread Part 7 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Posturing like any club would.

Players have all the power under this structure, very rarely do deals not go through if a player requests a trade even when contracted.

Dunkley and Daniher are the two ones I can mainly think of
Bobby Hill requested a trade to Essendon at the end of 2021 but GWS didn’t allow it

Realistically it would have been impossible for us to have enough picks to get Houston. Would've been a great get but the cost was too high.

I really hope he goes to North. The trade period has been completely screwed up of late with free agency and the strong clubs getting stronger so it's long overdue the balance gets corrected even if just this once.

Tuned into Trade Radio briefly to see what the hell they could even be talking about this early on. Cornes just making coaches who are most under pressure list.

1. Bevo (Surprise Surprise)
2. Longmire
3. Nicks (Surprise Surprise)
4. Voss
5. Goodwin

Hinkley not even mentioned. Just laughable.

They did also bring up Peatiling and o Hallaran in terms of people we would likely "Bring in". Cornes also floated Butters name.

Thats Trade Radio done for the week.

Listening to Trade Radio when it isn't even trade week and nothing is happening sounds like absolute torture
On the pain index, Trade Radio is just Roaming Brian with ads

Tuned into Trade Radio briefly to see what the hell they could even be talking about this early on. Cornes just making coaches who are most under pressure list.

2. Longmire
4. Voss
5. Goodwin

They did also bring up Peatiling and o Hallaran in terms of people we would likely "Bring in". Cornes also floated Butters name.

Peatling and O’Hallaran would likely slot straight in and both are young enough to play 6-7 years with us. Would be good work to get it done.

Doubt GWS are going to be easy about it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was listening to Trade Radio and had to go to the video version after the 25th ad, just to be told there was an issue with the listening version of the app. Adam Cooney highlights everything that is wrong with the AFL media - unlistenable!

With Perryman, Cumming and Peatling all leaving, it wouldn’t be unreasonable for the Giants to say to O’Halloran that they need him next year. He’s definitely best 23 for them and their mature depth through the midfield and flanks is taking a big hit.

I do not think the big club pulling power is having any effect here when they are also just offering more money than anyone else.
I think Bruce, Keath, Suckling, Lobb and Duryea are all pretty good acquisitions we’ve had recently and are probably the level we need to aim at - ie solid players who fill a need.

We haven’t had much luck with champion players. Aker and Hall yes, but both were past their best. We don’t tend to be in the market when a Jeremy Cameron becomes available.

That’s not always a bad thing though. I think devoting too much of your cap to a few stars is the easiest way to blow your chances of a flag up.

Happy to rely on drafting and retaining our stars (with a loyalty discount if possible) and filling in the gaps.

I think Bruce, Keath, Suckling, Lobb and Duryea are all pretty good acquisitions we’ve had recently and are probably the level we need to aim at - ie solid players who fill a need.

We haven’t had much luck with champion players. Aker and Hall yes, but both were past their best. We don’t tend to be in the market when a Jeremy Cameron becomes available.

That’s not always a bad thing though. I think devoting too much of your cap to a few stars is the easiest way to blow your chances of a flag up.

Happy to rely on drafting and retaining our stars (with a loyalty discount if possible) and filling in the gaps.

Yep , we have enough “stars”
Our bottom 6-8 needs a refit.
Get it right and we should be contending.

Awesome news (not for us but for the league itself)

Good, how can you target a current AA player in contact then refuse to put your first pick on the table. Hope Port hold him to contact if he only wants to go to Carlton
If you're desperate to hit the draft then don't target a gun player and not be prepared pay up

2. Longmire
4. Voss
5. Goodwin

I don't mind Kane cornes. Hes a flog no doubt, but goes hard, doesn't give a **** about backlash. I respect that lol but this is where he loses credibility. Bevo at 1, horse at 2 but Hinkley is a clear 3 if not 2. Didn't even mention Hinkley lol

I don't mind Kane cornes. Hes a flog no doubt, but goes hard, doesn't give a **** about backlash. I respect that lol but this is where he loses credibility. Bevo at 1, horse at 2 but Hinkley is a clear 3 if not 2. Didn't even mention Hinkley lol

Hinkley is not under pressure he is gone if not this off season then sometime next year. This takes pressure off because the end result is the known.

2. Longmire
4. Voss
5. Goodwin

I am surprised that he didn’t argue that Fagan is under pressure due to his age, being the oldest coach ever to win a premiership. Speculating that he is in cognitive decline given the players had to give him a hand up during the cup photos. It is the sort of shit he comes up with.

It never ceases to amaze me how premiership coaches who take their sides to finals regularly end up more under more pressure than coaches like Nicks and Longmuir who have done more or less nothing in five years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Strategy Trade and List Management Thread Part 7 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back