Strategy Trade and List Management Thread Part 7 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Nice day out, perfect weather for Baz to work up a chub in his backyard and post it on Insta. Nomination incoming.
If Baz announces Geelong as his preferred destination, and tags them in his Insta post, with a pic of him in his jocks with a half chub, I will regain all respect I previously lost for him

I don't mind Kane cornes. Hes a flog no doubt, but goes hard, doesn't give a **** about backlash. I respect that lol but this is where he loses credibility. Bevo at 1, horse at 2 but Hinkley is a clear 3 if not 2. Didn't even mention Hinkley lol
I think it’s best we just worry about our own underachieving coach and team. I couldn’t give a rats about other teams or coaches really.
Our coach in my opinion is a clear number 1 and is lucky to see out his contract

I think it’s best we just worry about our own underachieving coach and team. I couldn’t give a rats about other teams or coaches really.
Our coach in my opinion is a clear number 1 and is lucky to see out his contract
How is he clearly number 1?

Longmire hasn't won a flag in 12 years and lost his last 2 by 80 and 60 points,

Hinkley has never made it past the prelim in 10 years

Voss has won 2 finals in his 4 year tenure

Goodwin has gone out in straight sets for 2 years then has come 14th and the team is falling apart

There's 4 already then you could argue Macrae is now under pressure as is Longmuir

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Peatling to nominate Collingwood
Dc Comics Joker GIF by Max

If you haven’t already, give the Danny Boyd pod a listen with Rocket Eade….a few home truths in there….and he hasn’t missed either.
Just listened. Rocket as always is very good to listen to. Reminds me of listening to Terry Wallace, super intelligent.
His reading of the Bailey Smith trade is what a few have been saying here, that the pressure is actually on Geelong now because they’ve made all the big promises. In the Jeremy Cameron trade they didn’t want to give up all those top picks to GWS, but in the end they had to because they wanted him and promised him.

How is he clearly number 1?

Longmire hasn't won a flag in 12 years and lost his last 2 by 80 and 60 points,

Hinkley has never made it past the prelim in 10 years

Voss has won 2 finals in his 4 year tenure

Goodwin has gone out in straight sets for 2 years then has come 14th and the team is falling apart

There's 4 already then you could argue Macrae is now under pressure as is Longmuir
They give themselves a chance at least. We can’t even get top 4

The Kangaroos spoke with Western Bulldogs’ playmaker Caleb Daniel last week and are expected to land Swans’ veteran Luke Parker, 31, and West Coast forward Jack Darling, 32, next month.

Daniel, 28, is yet to decide whether he will pursue a move from the kennel, following jet ballwinners Bailey Smith (Geelong) and Jack Macrae (St Kilda) out the door. He is expected to make a call on his future this week, after talks with the Kangaroos on their vision for the next few seasons and the Dogs about his spot in the side.The Dogs could demand a second-round pick for Daniel who played 16 games this year, including his best performances in the last three games of the season.

In particular, Daniel’s excellent kicking skills would help North’s ball movement in the back half and middle of the ground.

But the Dogs would hold the upper hand in any trade talks on Daniel’s future, as he is contracted on a deal worth about $700,000 until the end of 2026. The Dogs can also afford to keep Daniel, who is a popular team member, as the departures of Smith and Macrae clear up significant salary cap space for the club.

Daniel choosing to go to North would be very interesting from a trade perspective.

If Macrae leaves, the club would have an absurd amount of cap room so it certainly wouldn't be a salary dump. I'd be pushing very hard for either pick 22 or a F2 to let him go. North might be willing to overpay to bring these veterans into the club.

Daniel is only contracted for 2 more years so it's not like we're clearing a heap of long term salary off the books. Unless we get overs, I don't see a reason to let him go with Jacko moving on.

Rumours swirling re: Zak Butters. Watch this space.

Remove this Banner Ad

Strategy Trade and List Management Thread Part 7 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back