Strategy Trade and List Management Thread Part 7 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Oh no we don’t win the trade period then I wish we could be like the bombers and win it every year instead we will just have to hope on natural progression from Darcy Ugle-Hagan Richards Naughton Busslinger Weightman Sanders O’Donnell West Freijah
I don't want us to "win" trade period, but I'd like to see us respond to whatever deficiencies we learned we had from the season with a couple handy trades. We can't just rely on natural development for that.

On the pain index, Trade Radio is just Roaming Brian with ads

It's basically breakfast rage baiting, 'mega trade' brain farts from the dumb as a doorpost Cooney, repeats of the rage baiting from the morning, more rage baiting for drive and then hypotethicals to leave you with for the day.

That's the 9 minutes in the hour that aren't ads...

Just listened. Rocket as always is very good to listen to. Reminds me of listening to Terry Wallace, super intelligent.
His reading of the Bailey Smith trade is what a few have been saying here, that the pressure is actually on Geelong now because they’ve made all the big promises. In the Jeremy Cameron trade they didn’t want to give up all those top picks to GWS, but in the end they had to because they wanted him and promised him.
I think his assessment of Naughton and JUH was very interesting and Darcy and also how good of a job Bevo has done with what he had at his disposal. He knows that VDM and McNeill aren’t the best players, but they are what we’ve got. That’s where we will improve, upgrading positions like that.

Weightman to get fitter and play mid is what he reckons should happen

Which we can address in the draft
And likely have to wait on at least a year or two of development to see the benefits of. Trading is important. Nobody's saying "Butters or we're ****ed", but I think it's reasonable to be disappointed if we don't attract anyone that really improves us. Not even blaming the club, just would like to see it happen.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And likely have to wait on at least a year or two of development to see the benefits of. Trading is important. Nobody's saying "Butters or we're ****ed", but I think it's reasonable to be disappointed if we don't attract anyone that really improves us. Not even blaming the club, just would like to see it happen.
Freijah impacted instantly this year for us

Wilmot Morris Fletcher all drafted in the last 2-3 years impacted on Saturday

Mannagh was huge for Geelong trading in B-C graders aren’t going to make this massive impact you seem to think here

The Kangaroos spoke with Western Bulldogs’ playmaker Caleb Daniel last week and are expected to land Swans’ veteran Luke Parker, 31, and West Coast forward Jack Darling, 32, next month.

Daniel, 28, is yet to decide whether he will pursue a move from the kennel, following jet ballwinners Bailey Smith (Geelong) and Jack Macrae (St Kilda) out the door. He is expected to make a call on his future this week, after talks with the Kangaroos on their vision for the next few seasons and the Dogs about his spot in the side.The Dogs could demand a second-round pick for Daniel who played 16 games this year, including his best performances in the last three games of the season.

In particular, Daniel’s excellent kicking skills would help North’s ball movement in the back half and middle of the ground.

But the Dogs would hold the upper hand in any trade talks on Daniel’s future, as he is contracted on a deal worth about $700,000 until the end of 2026. The Dogs can also afford to keep Daniel, who is a popular team member, as the departures of Smith and Macrae clear up significant salary cap space for the club.
The irony of Norf getting rid of all their older players and rotting at the bottom of the ladder for the best part of a decade and now they recruit washed up old blokes, essentially putting them back to where they were 10 years ago

Not worth it imo. Would only be trading a 3rd rounder for him at most.
Wouldn’t be paying more than that for Peatling either both 24 and would struggle to have 100 games combined (minus ones as sub).

Peatling had a solid finish to the year so can see the appeal but at the same time wouldn’t want to spend too much on a fairly unproven talent in terms of consistency

Oh no we don’t win the trade period then I wish we could be like the bombers and win it every year instead we will just have to hope on natural progression from Darcy Ugle-Hagan Richards Naughton Busslinger Weightman Sanders O’Donnell West Freijah
Weird post. Who sh*t in your cornflakes?

It’s perfectly natural to look at players that will lift our bottom 6. A couple of problem areas on the list that we’d be better off addressing. Players like Peatling and XOH address that.

Weird post. Who sh*t in your cornflakes?

It’s perfectly natural to look at players that will lift our bottom 6. A couple of problem areas on the list that we’d be better off addressing. Players like Peatling and XOH address that.
Peatling is 24 and played 45 games with a large number as sub XOH is 24 and played 67 they may or may not upgrade out B22 but the reality is the difference they’d make isn’t going to be that significant to pretend we should call the period a “disaster” they’re C graders at best

Remove this Banner Ad

Strategy Trade and List Management Thread Part 7 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back