Strategy Trade and List Management Thread Part 7 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Oliver wanting to go to Geelong too isn't great for us. Risk is they get a deal with Melbourne done first and lessens the amount of assets they have to trade šŸ˜”

I know some will be sceptical but I actually think social media activity is a huge indicator of friendship dynamics. These guys are always on Instagram. The lack of Dogs players interacting with Smith over a period of time now would indicate to me that heā€™s potentially been on the nose at the kennel.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Very much Akermanis and Stringer vibes

This will go along the lines of Jordan Clarke leaving us, similar in that we all thought he was a flog by the time he left, maybe we add a little more to our R1 such as F2 but I think thatā€™s the most weā€™ll part with.
The most analogous situation was Dawson to Adelaide. Cerra/Rankine are not quite as comparable as the bottom clubs were desperate for immediate talent. Dawson was a player that Sydney wanted to keep and Dawson walks out on them with a market value of 1. Also not the Dawson of now but the Dawson of Sydney who nobody would predict that he would become as good as he did.

Dawson went for Melbourne's F1 after they had just won the flag which is roughly the same value as just Geelong pick 15 straight up now.

Dawson was considered a goodish player at the time and everyone agrees that Adelaide sort of screwed over Sydney in that deal. Smith would have a bit better value. Dawson had 6 Brownlow votes the season before and 1 in his career before that. Smith has 29 career Brownlow votes though coming off an ACL and only 4 votes and 19 coaches votes in the most recent season (and the form at the start of the season)

This will go along the lines of Jordan Clarke leaving us, similar in that we all thought he was a flog by the time he left, maybe we add a little more to our R1 such as F2 but I think thatā€™s the most weā€™ll part with.

Thanks champ, appreciate that very generous offer šŸ™„

Also, you've never seen a flog the likes of Smith before. Just make sure he gets enough midfield time and there are enough mirrors in the rooms. It's all about him, that's all he cares about. Good luck.

This bloke has "outgrown the club".

Go **** yourself champ. Narcissistic flog.
e75b380fa6d0f20c5c6a3ca3d1bdff5c.jpg
At least we know he wont be mentioned in future as a legend of the club like Moz

We do the deal then unleash. Throw him right under the bus. Everything on the table. No secrets kept.

This deal will get ugly and there may be no deal in the end.

Dogs are pissed off that I know

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know some will be sceptical but I actually think social media activity is a huge indicator of friendship dynamics. These guys are always on Instagram. The lack of Dogs players interacting with Smith over a period of time now would indicate to me that heā€™s potentially been on the nose at the kennel.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
The fact the only players he's regular seen with are other blokes being paid to be at whatever function he's at tells you plenty. It's not at all surprising he's not going to the Sutton, he has no mates at the club

The most analogous situation was Dawson to Adelaide. Cerra/Rankine are not quite as comparable as the bottom clubs were desperate for immediate talent. Dawson was a player that Sydney wanted to keep and Dawson walks out on them with a market value of 1. Also not the Dawson of now but the Dawson of Sydney who nobody would predict that he would become as good as he did.

Dawson went for Melbourne's F1 after they had just won the flag which is roughly the same value as just Geelong pick 15 straight up now.

Dawson was considered a goodish player at the time and everyone agrees that Adelaide sort of screwed over Sydney in that deal. Smith would have a bit better value. Dawson had 6 Brownlow votes the season before and 1 in his career before that. Smith has 29 career Brownlow votes though coming off an ACL and only 4 votes and 19 coaches votes in the most recent season (and the form at the start of the season)
Sorry to intrude, but the Smith one really intrigues me as you paid a very good pick in the 2018 Super Draft for him and he is a quality player - unlucky with his injury, but he can play. Whats happened for him to want to go and to bloody Geelong of all clubs?

With your Dawson analogy, you have to remember we held Sydney over a barrel as we had pick 1 in the PSD so 'could' have walked him there so paying a 1st rounder was realistically as good as that was going to get for Sydney. Geelong most certainly don't have the PSD threat so talk of a late 1st being enough in some quarters seems rather fanciful. Surely he is a 2 1sts player every day of the week?

I will see myself out now

What is SDK's tank like, or JOD for that matter. SDK or JOD may play wing.

I don't know, but maybe it's an option. I remember a while ago, we played Geelong and he dominated out forward line. You don't turn down quality if you get the chance.

On SM-G990E using BigFooty.com mobile app
I do remember there was a quote I believe from Bevo saying JID could play on the wing.

What would we do? Use our first round pick on him basically.
You are clearly lurking on the dogs website to see our reaction.
A majority of us are all pissed that Cotton On have tampered for years to get that idiot to their sponsored team.

I say f**k Geelong, we ain't helping Bailey get what he wants.
See how he likes Richmond or North.

Remove this Banner Ad

Strategy Trade and List Management Thread Part 7 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back