Strategy Trade and List Management Thread Part 7 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

On all this marketability talk re: Baz how does it actually benefit the club? Yes he is marketable but it's with those brands like Cotton On etc, we as a club don't get any of that $$.
Are there really a heap of people that fellow him on social and decide to become Bulldogs members or buy merch? I would have thought they just buy the product he is shilling.

To me someone like Nick Daicos is a more marketable player in benefiting the club type of way. Young people would see him play and want to Pies supporters or buy a jumper with his number on their back.
There is probably a very niche market (probably young women who aren’t welded to a club) who would go to some games because of him, and he probably sells some club merch.

Also probably helps with overall club engagement on social media, which the club uses to drive membership, attendance etc.

Not sure how you would quantify it but I doubt it’s a game changer.

I’m not claiming to be a ITK, but I’ve heard some things and would be surprised if Peatling chooses Adelaide over Dogs IF he leaves
Same as what i heard? I'm not ITK either, just talk to a few that are. Haha

Wonder what hold up is on Garcia?

Would his decision change if a Peatling etc etc nominate us?

There’s a few Crows itks who are confident Peatling ends up there, as well as it being reported on SEN yesterday thats he’s either staying or going to Adelaide.

I heard last week Dogs were front runners but it seems like Crows have swooped in late. Unfortunate.

When i see these trade scenarios and what we're likely to get for Smith you can't help but think we're getting shafted.

I know he is OOC but so was Tim Kelly, Jeremy Cameron etc...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When i see these trade scenarios and what we're likely to get for Smith you can't help but think we're getting shafted.

I know he is OOC but so was Tim Kelly, Jeremy Cameron etc...

Shai Bolton is just a much better player than Bailey Smith.

Part of it is also the manager in the midddle pushing the other club to up their offer. I don’t think Connors would be doing us many favours on this one after we only offered Smith 2 years.

Shai Bolton is just a much better player than Bailey Smith.

Part of it is also the manager in the midddle pushing the other club to up their offer. I don’t think Connors would be doing us many favours on this one after we only offered Smith 2 years.
Connors is also Oliver's manager. his big priority this offseason will be making sure both get to Geelong. So if things stall I'm sure we can look forward to another slimebag player manager taking shots as us in the media for being unreasonable

Connors is also Oliver's manager. his big priority this offseason will be making sure both get to Geelong. So if things stall I'm sure we can look forward to another slimebag player manager taking shots as us in the media for being unreasonable

Yep, he’s incentivised to get both done, not try and grease the wheels in our favour. But it’s also very convenient for him.

Yep, he’s incentivised to get both done, not try and grease the wheels in our favour. But it’s also very convenient for him.
Sometimes greasing the wheels helps things get done though. That Stan doco series shows how managers can often be the conduit between clubs to help break a deadlock. And it is in Connors' best interests to ensure the deal gets done. So finding that balance between ensuring your client gets what he wants, but not burning either club (who you likely have other clients on the books at) is the difficult balancing act i'd imagine.

Don't reckon Garcia would BS to me. When he came to our school I asked him if he was staying and he said "that's the plan." That's good enough for me. Very likeable character.
Didn't even have to give 20cents
Good work

Sometimes greasing the wheels helps things get done though. That Stan doco series shows how managers can often be the conduit between clubs to help break a deadlock. And it is in Connors' best interests to ensure the deal gets done. So finding that balance between ensuring your client gets what he wants, but not burning either club (who you likely have other clients on the books at) is the difficult balancing act i'd imagine.
It is for sure, but I think this can work both ways as far as this situation. Being the same manager might lead to him leaning on Geelong to just get both deals done and cough up. But it's also going to be in his interests to make sure neither deal is too big or it puts the other one at risk

may come down to exactly how hard either us or Melbourne plan on being over these deals

Says a lot. I know Adz tried to give us the whole 'we're all mates etc' line on the narcissist before last night, but I highly doubt that. But that's OK, he's got a mirror and that's all he needs.
How fans see players and how players see other players are quite different. It's a business and they all know they are looking after their careers.

Remove this Banner Ad

Strategy Trade and List Management Thread Part 7 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back