Strategy Trade and List Management Thread Part 7 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

They’re all tall aren’t they? Even the short ones🤣
Yes, when you are standing next to them the first that strikes you is how tall they can be, compared to how they look when you are watching them on TV or from the stands. Toby McLean was the same, couldn't believe how tall he was when I saw him close up.

Re Smith - I’m not sure how you can ‘outgrow’ a place you’ve barely stepped foot in for the last ten months.

He seems like an individual of weak character who, while trying to work out who he is and what he stands for, has been led down the garden path by that flog Connors who has pumped up his tyres at every opportunity which has now given him a massively over inflated opinion of himself. Smacks very much of ‘how to win friends and influence people’.

Thinking back to that hastily deleted Instagram story he posted makes me think he has some sort of axe to grind about something and I doubt whether this will be the last we hear of it.

Good luck Geelong.

The dogs wanted him gone and lowballed an offer.He had no choice but to leave.Simple as that really. And he’s not happy and has thrown the toys out of the cot.

That’s ok - dogs get the best deal they can and move on.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I’m speaking totally with the benefit of hindsight of course, and focusing only on the return for the player.

After 2016 the club knew he was trouble but had a premiership to defend and probably hoped he’d turn it around. I don’t really criticise them for that.

If he’d been put on the market then though I think we’d have had more suitors and done a lot better than a pair mid-20s picks.
If we put Stringer on the market in 2016, there would’ve been a torch bearing march toward Whitten oval.

The dogs wanted him gone and lowballed an offer.He had no choice but to leave.Simple as that really. And he’s not happy and has thrown the toys out of the cot.

That’s ok - dogs get the best deal they can and move on.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
I know very little about the whole Baz saga, but that makes me think he may have stayed if we'd offered a long term contract.

So, the club isn't keen on keeping him and he's upset about that.

Is that right?

If we put Stringer on the market in 2016, there would’ve been a torch bearing march toward Whitten oval.
Probably, and if we were to trade JUH you’d have to expect something similar.

If we were to consider it I assume it would only be if there were major, major red flags and the club wanted to cut ties (like Melbourne are apparently trying to do with Oliver).

Not the worst option in the 2's as cheap depth can't play elsewhere is the only issue
I'd rather hit the draft.
He's 'ok' but we have Harmes as a mature mid to bring in, and we just have to get Sanders into the team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes, when you are standing next to them the first that strikes you is how tall they can be, compared to how they look when you are watching them on TV or from the stands. Toby McLean was the same, couldn't believe how tall he was when I saw him close up.
I imagined Dahlhaus to be a total midget in the Libba Snr/Daniel mould but nope, about 5’11.

The debut was bad….deer in the headlights stuff
wasn’t actually that bad few bad kicks. Almost kicked a nice goal.
Look back in history some of the champions of the game have terrible debuts. I have said before kade simpson had 3 games with no possesions. Jobe watson jonno brown etc etc.

wasn’t actually that bad few bad kicks. Almost kicked a nice goal.
Look back in history some of the champions of the game have terrible debuts. I have said before kade simpson had 3 games with no possesions. Jobe watson jonno brown etc etc.

Agree

Would rather Chooks first game than John Georgiades first game. I bought in and went to get my number 9 and was all downhill from then and quickly.

If it's true that we lowballed Smith then we shouldn't be demanding the world for him. Either he's worth a lot to us or he's not - there should be a strong positive correlation between what we offered him in a contract and what we ask for in a trade.

I personally don't think he's a very good player and I wouldn't expect more than Geelong's first.

Silly season has barely started, and we're talking about trading Ugle-Hagan? A player with so much development left to go through. This is the problem, he was stupidly compared to Buddy Franklin, and our fan base adjusted our expectations to match that unrealistic benchmark, and because of that we punish him for it.

Give him a few more years before we call him a bust.

On SM-A146P using BigFooty.com mobile app

If it's true that we lowballed Smith then we shouldn't be demanding the world for him. Either he's worth a lot to us or he's not - there should be a strong positive correlation between what we offered him in a contract and what we ask for in a trade.

I personally don't think he's a very good player and I wouldn't expect more than Geelong's first.
We didn't lowball him,

He did his ACL so we offered a 2 year offer to free agency

Remove this Banner Ad

Strategy Trade and List Management Thread Part 7 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back