Strategy Trade and List Management Thread Part 7 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

This...people wonder why I keep saying to piss Ballarat off and play at least 2 Marque games at the "G". If they want players like Butters, we need to think "bigger" not "smaller".
Club survey is asking if we would support us playing a home game at the G

Perhaps the exits of Hawkins, Tuohy and Rohan will go some way to magically free up their salary cap so that they can get recruit whoever they wish.
The line for years is that these types of players had taken significant unders to keep the group together, because Geelong is just so great. Now their retirement is the reason why Geelong has so much cap space. :drunk:

BTW, on an unrelated note, not sure if Emma Hawkins' Cotton On ambassadorship (no doubt highly paid) also finishes up this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I love how the AFL bang on about equalisation and yet these Cotton On and 'farm visits' are just waved on by.

It's as clear as day what's going on here with Geelong and the whole comp should be p***** not least of all Sydney who were banned from trading after Buddy.

So how can dodgy deal after dodgy deal just go through with Geelong?

Seems some clubs are more equal than others.

Surely the AFL would want to head down to Geelong to have a chat with their CEO or something? Figure out how it can all be... who is their CEO anyway? 🤔 🙄

Last edited:
I’ve stopped trying to understand the Bowes deal. Absolutely ludicrous that deal was ticked off on, and that would have been true no matter which club he chose, even if that was us. Surely we’ll never see a deal like that again

His contract was re-negotiated when he was traded, so the 1.5-1.6m over two years from the Gold Coast was “smoothed out” to 2.2m over four years at the Cats
It’s happening again with Oliver….renegotiating his contract….shouldnt be allowed to facilitate a trade. Fine once you have the player and you have to juggle the books. You want someone in contract you pay their contract.

It ****ing shits me that Geel keep getting players to play for peanuts because of their culture and lifestyle.

Would we consider Curtis Taylor from North ?

Has played on the wing aged 24 good height at 187cm

Around 80 games could be a free shot

It’s happening again with Oliver….renegotiating his contract….shouldnt be allowed to facilitate a trade. Fine once you have the player and you have to juggle the books. You want someone in contract you pay their contract.

It ****ing shits me that Geel keep getting players to play for peanuts because of their culture and lifestyle.

The 'lifestyle'.

Austin Powers Laser GIF

Remove this Banner Ad

Strategy Trade and List Management Thread Part 7 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back