Strategy Trade and List Management Thread Part 7 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

The Hawks showed some class years ago when they let Mitchell and Hodge go for a pack of chips.
We should do the same. He's been a great servant of the club.
Yeah... who we also need with all that we seem to be losing.

And the club has said they're not letting him go for scraps.

We aren't asking for a pick in the 20s here ... jesus, it's a pick in the 40s.

Saints are being w***ers

Yeah... who we also need with all that we seem to be losing.

And the club has said they're not letting him go for scraps.

We aren't asking for a pick in the 20s here ... jesus, it's a pick in the 40s.

Saints are being w***ers
The Saints are my No1 wan*er club. They've always been an arrogant wan*er club.

But Jacko deserves some respect from us for what he's delivered over the years.
He'd be a walk up start in just about every other teams starting midfield. But we've effectively chosen Harmes ahead of him. And Harmes would be lucky to get a game in North's starting midfield.

He'd be a walk up start in just about every other teams starting midfield. But we've effectively chosen Harmes ahead of him. And Harmes would be lucky to get a game in North's starting midfield.
So much wrong with this post.

So I'll just say this... not offering at least pick 43 is an insult to Macrae from the Saints.

He will clearly be their best midfielder immediately and acting like we should be a charity all the time is part of the problem.

You can't be letting quality senior players go for trash and hope not to go backwards.

If you didn't notice, we have 2 midfielders one injury or concussion away from retirement who are in their 30s and older than Macrae..

Again, saints can **** off

So much wrong with this post.

So I'll just say this... not offering at least pick 43 is an insult to Macrae from the Saints.

He will clearly be their best midfielder immediately and acting like we should be a charity all the time is part of the problem.

You can't be letting quality senior players go for trash and hope not to go backwards.

If you didn't notice, we have 2 midfielders one injury or concussion away from retirement who are in their 30s and older than Macrae..

Again, saints can **** off
I'm not sure you're reading the tone of my posts as they are intended.
I rate Macrae! I rate him higher than Libba. But our esteemed coach doesn't share my opinion.
All I'm saying is the club should look after Jacko.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not sure you're reading the tone of my posts as they are intended.
I rate Macrae! I rate him higher than Libba. But our esteemed coach doesn't share my opinion.
All I'm saying is the club should look after Jacko.
Jack deserves to be looked after which is true. Seriously though if the Aints won't cough up 43 then heck EM it's a 3rd round pick, Macrae is probably worth more but for years of great service we would take it to get him where he wants to go.

Anything less than 43 is the Aints trying to take the P1ss and we hang onto him. Saints convinced him to ask for a trade so it's on them to get a deal done.

Or alternatively he could be important if we have injuries in the midfield
Or his could arrest his decline as a player and find something that made him the All-Australian in the first place
Or he still could offer some value if in a slight out of position play (like this year 12 games with 19 touches this year) when selected, which is clearly a likely chance.

He wasn't some dud player that we had to sign and give games to because we were a dud team. He was still a good player that good teams, like we were, often have more then 22/23 good fit players.
Maybe he will play for unders like everyone at Geelong does

Speaking of wainkers

Just wondering what you guys think Daniel will do stay or move on
Pains me to say it but think it's best for everyone if he moves

Better for Daniel as he'll play consistent AFL games.

Better for us as we aren't paying for someone we aren't playing.

Better for you guys as he'll bring experience and ball use out of your back half.

Just wondering what you guys think Daniel will do stay or move on
For his career
Moving to North is the best option

Would slot into your back 6 this allows Sheezel and others to shift into midfield roles with someone with elite kicking covering them

Remove this Banner Ad

Strategy Trade and List Management Thread Part 7 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back