Strategy Trade and List Management Thread Part 7 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Horrible for us and great for Geelong, how surprising.
Nope. A horrible deal for us is the one where Geelong **** us by splitting their first. Then offering a take it or leave it deal with one of those picks and daring us to send Smith to the PSD. As it stands and without considering each clubs actual (as opposed to the media's view's or fan forum posturing) position or the many permutations of pick swaps that may occur then Cooneys scenario is about as good as we can expect.

People are seriously deluding themselves thinking that we will get an equitable return on Smith. It's not how a system that is heavily stacked in favour of un-contracted players is designed to work. Once they have designated which club they want to play for all of the leverage attached to them tends to follow them.

Last edited:
It does make me giggle in here sometimes when people post comments that seem to suggest that if the club doesn’t do any trades or doesn’t get player x or pick x that they’re not serious about improving or they’re not tough enough or just incompetent. Anyone who thinks Sam Power is poor at his job needs a reality check. The club isn’t sitting around idle and reliant on direction from Bigfooty posters in order to do their jobs. For example, I’d hazard a guess that the club knows we have some midfielders getting toward the end of their careers and perhaps not enough depth in that area.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

To Collingwood? FFS.

I really hope we're not going to sit on our hands over the next week and a half.

Internal development on its own ain't gonna cut it.
Brisbane must have shat themselves last trade period relying 100% on Internal development and Drafting

It's 9:38.

Why hasn't Zak Butters requested a trade to us yet??!!

Sack Sam Power.

Nearly midday.

Why hasn't ANYONE requested a trade to us yet??!!

Does anyone wonder if Sam Power's alarm has even gone off yet? He's probably sleeping off a big Sunday night, I believe list managers treated last night like New Year's Eve. All got together to share old stories, drink a few daiquiris and re-label the letters from a Scrabble set with 2024 draft pick numbers, then toss them up in the air.

Is Devon Robertson any good?
He's alright, he'd be midfield depth, and if he's moving clubs for opportunity I imagine he'd want to go to a club with a more obvious way into the midfield. Ours is still going to be a bloody tough midfield to break into in 2025, especially with Sanders likely to play more minutes.

Deven Robertson exploring his options, I wouldn’t be against it if cheap. Considering we missed Peatling, might struggle to trade for XOH and might lose Garcia, he could be a decent alternative

Nearly midday.

Why hasn't ANYONE requested a trade to us yet??!!

Does anyone wonder if Sam Power's alarm has even gone off yet? He's probably sleeping off a big Sunday night, I believe list managers treated last night like New Year's Eve. All got together to share old stories, drink a few daiquiris and re-label the letters from a Scrabble set with 2024 draft pick numbers, then toss them up in the air.

Take it easy gj.
Power runs everything through me first and if I’m not home, Scrag.
It’s all under control, so everyone relax 😎

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brisbane must have shat themselves last trade period relying 100% on Internal development and Drafting
Yep the changes from 2023 - 2024 GF Morris the only one not on the list last year and was a mid round draft pick which are also useless for improving your list short term as well

Out: Gardiner McInerney Robertson McCarthy Coleman Lyons
In: Answerth Payne Ashcroft Fort Morris Lohmann

Don't shoot me.

If we're looking for speed, why wouldn't we look at Sheil? He could play wing, has burst speed, can cover the ground, not a great kick, but neither is Smith. You'd be replacing a like for like, albeit he's older. Would give coverage for a couple of years in prep for Freija.

On SM-G990E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Don't shoot me.

If we're looking for speed, why wouldn't we look at Sheil? He could play wing, has burst speed, can cover the ground, not a great kick, but neither is Smith. You'd be replacing a like for like, albeit he's older. Would give coverage for a couple of years in prep for Freija.

I won't shoot you.

Shoot yourself for such an awful suggestion :cool:

Big NO from me

Is Devon Robertson any good?

Reads alright to me:

From his draft profile.

He also has a strong work ethic to work both offensively and defensively. In particular, his speed and agility is considered elite with a sub-eight second agility test and a sub-three second 20m sprint. The way he is able to win the ball and extract it from a stoppage is among the best available, and his ability to keep working hard throughout four quarters is a remarkable effort with his consistency a clear standout trait. In terms of his desire and inside game, there is not too much Robertson needs to work on.

Last edited:
Don't shoot me.

Is 32 next year, has had soft tissue injuries and has averaged just 12 games a season since the start of 2021.

Cooked.

Don't shoot me.

Bang, bang.

What's the deal with Kamdyn McIntosh? He is out of contract, isn't too old (31 in March), I haven't watched him too closely for a bit but thought he'd be a decent wing option 2 seasons ago.

Remove this Banner Ad

Strategy Trade and List Management Thread Part 7 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back