Strategy Trade and List Management Thread Part 7 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

What's going on with Clarke? Still uncontracted and he plays in a position we are screaming out for depth in
i’m thinking JJ gets another year and then it will be either keath or clarke for final spot. We should bring in 4 new draftees maybe 5 depending if we can get XOH out of giants
5 or 6 out and 5 or 6 in i think.
Outs-!Smith macrae Bendendo Rypstra CD? the either Keath or Clarke
INS- picks 35,47 our own, then 17 for baz out to probably 19/20 then we may swap around picks with cats.
46 for macrae
43 for CD
Think we are trying to get lions first round pick also. That will be done with either our late picks or getting something for next yrs first round.
Anyway Sooner this period is over the less my brain will be scrambled

+1 year from what I can tell but nothing concrete.

Where did you see or hear that ?
That would be nice for the kid.
I’m a fan he is always so lovely to our kids and their friends. He still looks 16/17.
I know plenty don’t believe in him, however he shows glimpses at times. Some good marks, strong tackles and some great goals. Consistency is lacking though through games and if he can learn to play 4 quarters he can have greater impact. Hopefully another pre season under his belt he can go to another level again. Tough spot that small fwd especially at vfl level.

i’m thinking JJ gets another year and then it will be either keath or clarke for final spot. We should bring in 4 new draftees maybe 5 depending if we can get XOH out of giants
5 or 6 out and 5 or 6 in i think.
Outs-!Smith macrae Bendendo Rypstra CD? the either Keath or Clarke
INS- picks 35,47 our own, then 17 for baz out to probably 19/20 then we may swap around picks with cats.
46 for macrae
43 for CD
Think we are trying to get lions first round pick also. That will be done with either our late picks or getting something for next yrs first round.
Anyway Sooner this period is over the less my brain will be scrambled
I think JJ depends on who dogs can bring in or lose. I say if Garcia stays JJ wont be offered a contract.

I’m a fan he is always so lovely to our kids and their friends. He still looks 16/17.
I know plenty don’t believe in him, however he shows glimpses at times. Some good marks, strong tackles and some great goals. Consistency is lacking though through games and if he can learn to play 4 quarters he can have greater impact. Hopefully another pre season under his belt he can go to another level again. Tough spot that small fwd especially at vfl level.
The thing with small forwards though, they don't need to have a heap of it to have an effect. Apply pressure, lay tackles, and be a right pain in the arse for the opposition. Look at guys like Rioli, Betts, LeCras, Matera, Dahlhaus these guys ave 1 - 2 goals a game, but they had patches where they could make things happen. Kosi (as mich as I don't like him) is the closest I've seen to Rioli since he retired. Sheer pressure and desire to impact.

On SM-G990E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Toughest position on the field. Even the top small forwards only get 12-20 touches. It’s what you do with it rather than how many you accumulate. Also, most good small forwards take a few years in the system before they really kick on. That said, Clarke would have one more year to prove himself.

So much doom and gloom on this board. Tell you what though, I'd rather be a Doggies supporter right now rather than a Melbourne fan with their club slowly imploding or a plastics fan with their ongoing player exodus.

STK get: Jack Macrae, F1
WB get: Pick 8, Pick 43

Thoughts?
Saints just aren't going to do that.

They'd have to consider a reasonable chance that our F1 ends up being well into the teens next year, which makes the trade a disaster from their end.

With Dalrymple now at the helm, 7&8 is a dynamite opportunity to regenerate, they won't let those picks go easily.

Gallagher doesn't get the ball enough, makes some silly errors but is sharp around goal. If he could improve finding the ball, i think he will be a handy role player.
Went up last year to the Sydney game where we lost by a point and they had the VFL game on the day after so went down for a look,

Gallagher was by far the most impressive player we had that day running power was fantastic linking up for 1 2s long shots for goal. He has it in him I think he's still just young trying to find his feet at the level and can be a good to elite role player

Remove this Banner Ad

Strategy Trade and List Management Thread Part 7 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back