Strategy Trade and List Management Thread Part 7 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

You are going way off topic. So last one. I dont want to annoy anyone.

The National draft is there for people who want an opportunity. Anywhere.
After the initial contract they can move wherever they want (effectively).

I joined the army and knew I would be sent anywhere. I accepted that. But I always knew that there was a time in the future where I'd be able to ask to get closer to home.

Smith settled on the purchase of his Bellbrae property a week ago.
So at a minimum he bought it 60 days ago. Probably 90.

He was never staying. And won't.

Him not wanting to stay does not equate to him going where he wants.

I, too work for a company that can send you to any State in Australia after initial training is complete.
Sure, you can always request to go (back to, or on to) wherever you want, but whether a unit (team) wants you is secondary to whether your current unit (team) wants to or operationally can afford to let you go.

If I worked in Melbourne, buying a property on the Sunny Coast would have absolutely zero influence as to me getting there. None.

I could threaten to quit, but my employer could (and would be well within their rights to) simply accept, say sorry to lose you, and move on.
No onus on them whatsoever to make me happy.

Sorry, but that's a crazy take on it.

He’s kicked 25 goals in 67 games that’s less than Laitham in more games

Just say you want new players and you don’t care who it is or what we pay
It's not just about goals though.

XOH is a mid fwd
VDM is a fwd

XOH
Better goal accuracy
More tackles
More tackles I50
More pressure acts
More Clearances
More rebound 50s
More contested poss
More I50s
Better score accuracy

VDM
More Goals
More shots on goal
Better Disposal
More goal assists / score involvements

McNeil is very similar to VDM, but younger and West is the best of the lot, particularly in terms of pressure.

On SM-G990E using BigFooty.com mobile app

So Xavier O'Halloran is going to solve our centre bounce attendance midfielders from the wing.

Great.
What?

Jesus.... our wings are lacking. The club has clearly been trying to address that.

I'd assume that the club is going to have to draft centre square midfielders... and it's fairly obvious they target Peatling for some minutes who has speed, aggression and is a good tackler. Something we need.

Obviously Adelaide was willing to cough up more which is fine

It's not just about goals though.

XOH is a mid fwd
VDM is a fwd

XOH
Better goal accuracy
More tackles
More tackles I50
More pressure acts
More Clearances
More rebound 50s
More contested poss
More I50s
Better score accuracy

VDM
More Goals
More shots on goal
Better Disposal
More goal assists / score involvements

McNeil is very similar to VDM, but younger and West is the best of the lot, particularly in terms of pressure.

On SM-G990E using BigFooty.com mobile app
Did you not read that I was responding to someone brining up that he bring goals when he clearly doesn’t?

What?

Jesus.... our wings are lacking. The club has clearly been trying to address that.

I'd assume that the club is going to have to draft centre square midfielders... and it's fairly obvious they target Peatling for some minutes who has speed, aggression and is a good tackler. Something we need.

So does this mean you’ve finally worked out you can improve the team through the draft?

What?

Mate I'm not going to go into it with you. You've got your reasons, I'm happy to take on O'Halloran, hopefully he can be good for us!

So does this mean you’ve finally worked out you can improve the team through the draft?
No shit captain obvious.

But it's not the only means nor should we only be relying on the draft and internal development.

There's absolutely no guarantee any of the picks at the draft make it ... and we are picking from further back which has a less chance of success.

Yes you can find some diamonds but it's far less likely.

No shit captain obvious.

But it's not the only means nor should we only be relying on the draft and internal development.

There's absolutely no guarantee any of the picks at the draft make it
And there’s no guarantee 24 year olds that have been at the level and played 60 odd games make it either hence if they do or don’t happen it isn’t the end of the world or going to make a significant difference

You are going way off topic. So last one. I dont want to annoy anyone.

The National draft is there for people who want an opportunity. Anywhere.
After the initial contract they can move wherever they want (effectively).

I joined the army and knew I would be sent anywhere. I accepted that. But I always knew that there was a time in the future where I'd be able to ask to get closer to home.

Smith settled on the purchase of his Bellbrae property a week ago.
So at a minimum he bought it 60 days ago. Probably 90.

He was never staying. And won't.

Adam Sandler GIF by IFC

Dogs board ticked off this week ratifying Power to do what he needs to do in relation to extracting fair value for Smith. Club execs happy to send him to the draft if they don’t get what they think is a fair outcome from the sounds of things.

XO has a decent three year offer from us with an extra year at the back end for games played. Giants probably won’t let him go unless we pay some overs. Wait and see.

Our deals will likely go the distance folks so don’t hold your breath

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dogs board meeting happened this week ratifying Power to do what he needs to do in relation to extracting fair value for Smith. Club execs happy to send him to the draft if they don’t get what they think is a fair outcome from the sounds of things.

XO has a decent three year offer from us with an extra year at the back end for games played. Giants probably won’t let him go unless we pay some overs. Wait and see.

Our deals will likely go the distance folks so don’t hold your breath
Hit the draft this year guys

The fact he can actually kick goals helps.

Most goals in a season 11...

Even accounting for the sub appearances, he averages about 10-11 disposals and has had more clangers than tackles in every year that he's played.

Can we see him moving into the midfieldas depth? Not sure what the tank is like, but regardless his disposal is poor enough to have most of the people on this board screaming to have McNeil or Vanders back...

I wouldn’t be paying overs for O’Halloran club can easily wait 12 months when he is out of contract if the club is still interested
Agree, I don’t get the rush. If we’re trading a year before FA, I’d want it to be for a top quality player who would have interest from other clubs if we waited for FA. XOH would be a minor upgrade and unlikely to improve our chances at a 2025 flag - he’s highly unlikely to be in a bidding war next season

I said this the other week but the Saints midfield is absolutely shithouse. And that’s before they move Marshall forward and have that plodder Soldo in there. They actually really need Macrae. They’ll come to the table.

Yet Jay Clark on Trading Day yesterday said the Saints want him for depth 😂😂
He’s instantly in their best centre bounce combination.

Remove this Banner Ad

Strategy Trade and List Management Thread Part 7 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back