Strategy Trade and List Management Thread Part 7 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't understand why Duryea was delisted and re-rookied, but JJ maintains a primary list spot
Because the rookie list has no bearing anymore and it only exists to balance how many draft picks you can take into the draft.
If we had an empty rookie spot and wanted to take another player in the draft I'm sure we would've moved him to the rookie list.

Because the rookie list has no bearing anymore and it only exists to balance how many draft picks you can take into the draft.
If we had an empty rookie spot and wanted to take another player in the draft I'm sure we would've moved him to the rookie list.
Have you heard anything regarding the futures of Clarke and Keath?

Have you heard anything regarding the futures of Clarke and Keath?
Whilst i dont like commenting publicly about delistings publicly as a general rule.
Clarke is in limbo until the back end of trade period (likely waiting on a final call from GWS on O'halloran) but is likely to get one more year.
I imagine keath is somewhere next year as mature back up/leadership but has takers at lower levels if things fall through.

JJ and Treloar are on calf watch next year.

Once your calf starts to go post 30, especially for fast twitch explosive athletes reoccurrence is very common.
Adzy has been on calf watch the past 5 years. Need to manage his minutes more moving forward.

People wonder what the value of good club culture actually is.

To me it's the idea that you can tell someone that they're looking around to an improvement on your list, and they have to wait, and you can't commit to them.

If you have good club culture they'll take that in good faith and not take it personally, and will still try their best irrespective of what's out of control.

A bad club culture will have players wanting to leave - even if it's against the best interests of remaining on an AFL list anywhere - if you tell them that they have to wait around and you're not engaging with them in good faith.

People wonder what the value of good club culture actually is.

To me it's the idea that you can tell someone that they're looking around to an improvement on your list, and they have to wait, and you can't commit to them.

If you have good club culture they'll take that in good faith and not take it personally, and will still try their best irrespective of what's out of control.

A bad club culture will have players wanting to leave - even if it's against the best interests of remaining on an AFL list anywhere - if you tell them that they have to wait around and you're not engaging with them in good faith.
Wouldn’t really agree with all of this, who are you talking about? Seems like that would be favouring the club over the players best interests quite a bit and they have to draw the line somewhere - though it’s always great to see loyalty and sad to see players leave

Wouldn’t really agree with all of this, who are you talking about? Seems like that would be favouring the club over the players best interests quite a bit and they have to draw the line somewhere - though it’s always great to see loyalty and sad to see players leave
If a club treats its players well, then during the trade period they say to them that they can't guarantee your spot and we're effectively looking to upgrade your position on the list, but if we fail, we'll you return, that player won't take it badly, because they have an existing good cultural relationship with the club and won't take it personally.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wonder how badly Saints want Macrae?

Let him go there cheap with a little handshake deal that they tell Baz’s manager they’ll pick him at up 7/8 if he goes to the draft.
St Kilda aren't going to burn bridges with Connor Sports management and the Geelong Football Club just so they can get Jack Macrae cheaper.

Out only Norm Smith in our history?

His first half of the season was very good.

A fit JJ is about the same as the best form we have seen from bramble, although we've only seen about 5 games of that

I dont have faith that either of those players can produce a full season of their best form, for various reasons

Remove this Banner Ad

Strategy Trade and List Management Thread Part 7 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back