Recruiting Trade & Free Agency VII

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
With talk of Blakely pissing off his teammates & SPP's questionable off-field circle, i will add there is an excellent story out of Melbourne prior to Oliver's breakout year

McCartney went to him with a long list of team mates and asked him what the list was
Oliver replied "the guys who are ahead of me"
Macca's response was "No, these are your teammates who think you're a dickhead"

With the right development coach, getting kids on the straight and narrow is achievable.
Picking these guys up - we better have a plan to sort them out. And it would be a good indicator we are taking the right steps as a club too.

What’s his kicking like under pressure?
He's a competent kick, He's should be a 1st rotation inside mid and he would be for us i think.

Hard to say what he's like under pressure inside as he hasn't been playing there these past 18 months, but he's tough aggressive works hard and i think hed suit us.

Blakely is very good, hasn’t played as an inside midfielder much at Fremantle but certainly played the role well in his under 18 year
What’s the asking price? 1st rounder considering he’s contracted? Or second rounder?

Haven’t watched much of Fremantle so I have no clue.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Late first rounder seems fair but they are trying to ship him off through apparent issues with teammates so maybe a 2nd rounder does it
And he’s 188cm too. Second + change may be alright. I hope we’re having a crack.

Considering he’s only ever played a maximum of 17 games, a second rounder may be enough.

He is a better user than SPP but they are still different types of players with SPP being more of an impact and tackle player. I would prefer Blakely
images

Now I don’t think Joe will leave.
But if he does the o it result where I will be happy is this:

Joe to Sydney for picks 4+8
We keep pick 8
And trade 4 + next years first rounder to GC for king?

So we lose Joe, bring in King and have pick 8 in this years draft.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I like Blakely but his injury problems concern me. If we can get him cheaply I’d be happy though. I really hope we sign up Cam Ellis-Yolmen as UFA though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back