Recruiting Trade & Free Agency VIII

What should we do with our first round picks?

• Take 6 & 7 to the draft

Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Trade up the order so we can get Logan McDonald

Votes: 21 26.6%
  • Split 7 to get the other trades done

Votes: 27 34.2%
  • Something else...

Votes: 11 13.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
ATTENTION OPPOSITION POSTERS: You are on the Essendon board - not the draft board, or the main board or your club board. You are welcome to post here but you will mind your manners or you will be carded. Don't waltz in here telling the locals what's happening/not happening, what's dumb etc. By the same token sealioning will also not be tolerated so be warned. You do not have equal standing here no matter how right you think you are.

Draft Combine
Tuesday October 1 - Friday October 4

AFL Grand Final
Saturday October 24

Free Agency Window
Friday October 30 – Friday November 6

AFL Trade Period (Players and picks)
Wednesday November 4 – 7.30pm Thursday November 12

List Lodgement 1
Wednesday November 25

Delisted Free Agency Window 1
Thursday November 26 - Sunday November 29

List Lodgement 2 (Final date for primary list delistings)
Monday November 30

Delisted Free Agency Window 2
Monday November 30 - Tuesday December 1

AFL Trade Period (Picks only)
Concludes Thursday December 3

National Draft
7pm Wednesday December 9

Preseason and Rookie Drafts
12pm Thursday December 10

Final List Lodgement
Mid-December (tbc)

Pre-Season Supplemental Selection Period (SSP)
Wednesday January 6, 2021 – will conclude prior to the start of the 2021 Toyota AFL Premiership Season
Any issues with it post in this thread:

Draft discussion goes here: Draft Watch

Father/Son & NGA discussion goes here: James Hird Academy (Father/Son and Next Generation)

Poll results: Who should stay? | Which key forward do you want? | What would you give up to get Josh Dunkley?

Last edited:
Dream scenario:
Trades:
1. Joe Daniher to Brisbane for Pick 17 and Pick 18
2. Adam Saad and Pick 18 to Carlton for Pick 8 and Pick 28
3. Orazio Fantasia to Port Adelaide for Pick 32
4. Pick 18 to GWS for Jye Caldwell and Pick 41
5. Pick 32 to North Melbourne for Ben Brown
6. 2021 1st, 2021 second, Pick 28, Pick 32 and Pick 41 for Josh Dunkley and Pick 13
7. Pick 7 and Pick 8 to Adelaide for Pick 2, Pick 21 and 2021 second round pick

Draft:
Pick 2 - Logan McDonald
Pick 13 - Nathan O'Driscoll
Pick 21 - Zach Reid
Pick 62 - Cody Brand
Pick 68 - Josh Eyre

Best 22:
B: Jordan Ridley - Brandon Zerk-Thatcher - Aaron Francis
HB: Mason Redman - Michael Hurley - Devon Smith
C: Kyle Langford - Josh Dunkley - Zach Merrett
HF: Jake Stringer - Ben Brown - Will Snelling
F: James Stewart - Logan McDonald - Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti
R: Sam Draper - Dylan Shiel - Andrew McGrath
I/C: Darcy Parish - Dyson Heppell - Nathan O'Driscoll - Jye Caldwell

E: Patrick Ambrose - Brayden Ham - Dylan Clarke - Harry Jones

32 for Brown and 32 in the Dogs trade

" But even if he requests a trade, the Western Bulldogs would reject it immediately on the basis that the 23-year-old is not only a highly rated player, but a leadership group member and a respected person. "
Yeah that's obvious, but if he requests a trade, we can still have the conversation. Probably depends on how much he wants to leave and what we'd offer.
It was always going to be more of a register our interest and approach next year or when he's OOC.

" But even if he requests a trade, the Western Bulldogs would reject it immediately on the basis that the 23-year-old is not only a highly rated player, but a leadership group member and a respected person. "

Unless he says he wants out like Joe and Raz did last year? If you keep him like your entitled to it could lead to negative vibes.

I dont think it will happen, it's a typical Essendon move that we almost landed. But if the offer was good enough the dogs would have to consider if it provided opportunity to take dogs from finals players to premiership contenders.

Yeah that's obvious, but if he requests a trade, we can still have the conversation. Probably depends on how much he wants to leave and what we'd offer.
It was always going to be more of a register our interest and approach next year or when he's OOC.
hmm. good mates with Bont
Bont out of contract next year
Warchest
:p

Until he hands in a request, the dogs will deny any willingness to trade him.
that will change if he hands it in, as you have to at least entertain talks in this day and age.
Nothing may come of them, but if the dogs can get a ripper deal, you'd surely take it for a player looking to leave (well....almost always surely...adrian)

Did I read in the Tom Morris article. Daniher 4 years at 800k a year or was it just an example or does he know more. I feel like Brisbane are going to help us we might have to scratch their back another time.

Or send them Hurley for pick 38/future 3rd

Did I read in the Tom Morris article. Daniher 4 years at 800k a year or was it just an example or does he know more. I feel like Brisbane are going to help us we might have to scratch their back another time.

Or send them Hurley for pick 38/future 3rd
I think he was talking hypotheticals

I imagine we're talking to Brisbane about not worrying about the trade stuff (i.e keep your picks) and up the offer to get us 7.
However we manage that.

If we hold 6 & 7, i'd be moving towards a future 1st for Saad rather than what would become 8
If we do dislodge Dunkley, future 1st could be handy.

Assuming Caldwell gets done for a future 2nd given the depth being touted in next years draft.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i think we need to get over 700 at the minimum based on recent history
Not sure if that's adjusted down with the COVID changes.

Offer him 650k salary + 50k home fixtures and furnishing = 700k

And we will sort out the later proudly sponsored by Amart and Fujitsu. Just don't tell the AFL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back