Trade period / National Draft 2024

Which out of contract player should we trade?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Possible scenario if we finish with pick 1 and Baker Bolton and Rioli want out.

Trade pick 1 to Adelaide for their R1 pick and 2025 R1 pick.

Trade Rioli to Suns for 6 & 2025 R1 pick.

Trade Bolton to Fremantle for 7, 16 & 2025 R1 pick

Trade Baker & 7 to WCE for pick 3 & 23

Trade 36, 39 & 41 to Brisbane for 17 & 55

Trade 54, 55, 57, 63 & 68 to club needing points this year for a 2025 R1 or R2 pick

Head to 2024 draft with 3, 4, 6, 16, 21, 23.

Head into 2025 with
Our R1 pick
Adelaide R1 pick
Gold Coast R1 pick
Fremantle R1 pick

Gives us 4 first round picks in each draft over next 2 years.

I’m not really into gambling with future picks. We will finish low enough to get whoever we want the next few years so why risk it, unless the recruiters know the next drafts are better or something.

It's been non stop: "You NEED to do a Jack Ough video", "When are we getting your Jack Ough video", "Stop stealing my parking spot Jack Ough". So here it is, and if it gets my channel banned I'm blaming you all.

Mods please remove. This ain't pr0n Hub.

I do love that the commentators are so careful to always pronounce it "owe" which I'm sure is right... except on field as far as I can tell his two nicknames are "Joff" and "Offey".
His teammates know.

What were his parents thinking lmao

We have invested long term in TT and Hopper and the match committee are going to pick them over new kids. That’s why outside mids that can play forward and can get game time and move into the middle in a couple of years time make more sense.

Fair enough but I don’t really want to be going into full seasons with TT holding up the inside mid on his own. Graham will probably go and Hopper is injury prone.

We’ll have the same problem of HB’s going into the midfield or scrawny wingers trying to take on oppo bulls if god forbid TT goes down. Just like Lynch in the forward line.

Possible scenario if we finish with pick 1 and Baker Bolton and Rioli want out.

Trade pick 1 to Adelaide for their R1 pick and 2025 R1 pick.

Trade Rioli to Suns for 6 & 2025 R1 pick.

Trade Bolton to Fremantle for 7, 16 & 2025 R1 pick

Trade Baker & 7 to WCE for pick 3 & 23

Trade 36, 39 & 41 to Brisbane for 17 & 55

Trade 54, 55, 57, 63 & 68 to club needing points this year for a 2025 R1 or R2 pick

Head to 2024 draft with 3, 4, 6, 16, 21, 23.

Head into 2025 with
Our R1 pick
Adelaide R1 pick
Gold Coast R1 pick
Fremantle R1 pick

Gives us 4 first round picks in each draft over next 2 years.
Thinking something similar but I am not sure about the pick 1 for pick 4 and a first next year, point being 1 allows us to pick who we want for sure even though it maybe someone of a similar level and this can affect future drafts to and our opportunities.

Not really interested in future first for Suns and Freo either

As of right now id want to get (assuming we trade up or something):

Smillie who can play mid and CHF with his height

Draper or Lalor

Taj Hotton
Think you might be disappointed. Poor overhead mark.

Well he could improve, even if he doesn’t we can just stick him in the mid. I’m sure he’d give some great don’t argues.
Don't get me wrong, I'm happy to draft him, he's just not going to be any good at CHF. Will be a big mid who will rest forward, can also play hbf.

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy to draft him, he's just not going to be any good at CHF. Will be a big mid who will rest forward, can also play hbf.
When he's forward he's decent at lead/mark and obviously dangerous at F50 stoppages... but yeah, he's not a threat to take a pack mark.

All the top end mids have tried to show they can play forward at some point this season and Smillie is one of the most natural down there I think.

How bad of a mark is he???

Have not seen a lot of marking prowess in his highlights. If he is so bad how did he get all australian CHB in under 16?

Is it a case he has not needed to develop his marking because of the way he plays and role? He looks like he is not a leaper but his hands seem okay, not sure what his hands are like for marking though

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watching CTL, have you seen any evidence he can contribute as a forward? Being average overhead isn't a dealbreaker imo. Dusty isn't great overhead either.

Watching CTL, have you seen any evidence he can contribute as a forward? Being average overhead isn't a dealbreaker imo. Dusty isn't great overhead either.
He can rest there no issue. Seems to be more damaging where he can float forward inside 50 though, but yeah he can play as a hit up target inside 50.

Sam Davidson has been invited to the state combine, if we want him we’ll have to draft him.
Not sure if anyone's mentioned it yet but Davidson was training with the seniors today. Didn't see any other VFL listed players apart from him.

Could mean we plan to sign him so are training him up with the big dogs?

This is one kid I want. Would be a great replacement for Bolton too. He looked exceptional in the final Champs match.

According to my calculations there are now 18 players in the top 10

Not sure if anyone's mentioned it yet but Davidson was training with the seniors today. Didn't see any other VFL listed players apart from him.

Could mean we plan to sign him so are training him up with the big dogs?
Probably part of the evaluating process and seeing whether it is worth taking him in the draft or let him go through to the keeper and pick him up as a rookie or a PSP.

DRAFTEE GETS VFL TASTE​

DRAFT prospect Jobe Shanahan will get a chance to show his key position talents when he plays for Essendon's VFL side over the next two weeks.

Shanahan, who was named an All-Australian key forward after his under-18 carnival for the Allies, will debut for the Bombers' VFL team on Saturday against the Northern Bullants.

The versatile and skilful 194cm prospect also trained with the Bombers during the pre-season as part of his Marsh AFL Academy program.

he Bendigo Pioneers prospect played with the Allies during the under-18 championships given he is part of the Moama region.

His fellow Pios' prospect James Barrat made his debut for the Bombers' VFL side last week, having 10 disposals. – Callum Twomey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back