gbatman

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 26, 2008
Behind You...
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Justice League
There are strong rumours, some confirmed, some not, that the below players are going to look for a new club. Assume these players are available:

Warnock - We need another ruckman but this may be a temporary measure if Hampson and Kreuzer turn out as hoped. Kreuzer will. Perhaps has been overrated by some.

Kerr - Proven superstar. Elite Midfielder with all the skills, smarts and physical gifts. Can kick a goal. Many have forgotten how good he is.

Cousins - Past star with personal problems that supposedly are behind him. Too old.

O'Keefee - Proven star, and a skillful talented forward which is high priority at Carlton.

Didak - Medium forward and midfielder with great skills but personal problems. A player with good footskills and the ability to be a damaging forward is something we need at Carlton but is not high priority with Eddie Betts fit for the first time ever next year.

Shaw - Had minor personal problems this year but has been a good player. I don't rate him how ever as he is a player who gets cheap kicks in the back line and struggles further up the ground and in winning contested footy. Besides we have Heath Scotland who does that role very well, if not better.

Hall - A tall key forward, out highest priority. Tremendous athlete and finished last year in good form. Lacks onfield discipline.

White - Been a champion but is a little undersized and is only going to lose his athletic ability with age. Too old.

I can't think of any one else but this is what I came up with, it's probably a bit early for this thread.

My Preferences:
1 Kerr - Definatly, would complete our midfield.
2 O'keefee - Pure class.
3 Hall - We need a CHF and he's one of the best.
4 Warnock - Yes but not at a great price. Possibly not as good as they make out.
5 Shaw - Not what we need, maby take him cheaply.
6. White - Only at a cheap price. Too old.
7 Didak - Only cheaply, if he passes Carlton's psyche tests.
8 Cousins - No.

Stevens and Fisher and our 2nd pick could be our most powerful trade bait. although I don't want to lose Stevens.

In what order would you select them for Carlton?

1. Ryan O'Keefe - could come a lot cheaper than Kerr
2. Daniel Kerr - will be too expensive
3. Robbie Warnock - 206cm ruckman don't grow on trees, but hasn't really shown enough to deserve the contract we are offering.
4. Jeff White - could protect the young ruckman for another year and would come cheap
5. Barry Hall - We need another CHF, but too old and a little bit off his head
6. Ben Cousins - Class, but he has massive issues still
7. Heath Shaw - soft, un-accountable and no flexibility
8. Alan Didak - i would not purchase another membership until he left the club

Personally i just want to keep our picks and not trade for players. Keep building our youth and develop the young player. If we were to trade players, it should be for more draft picks rather than other players. That's just me though.

1. Kerr. but wont happen
2. Warnock, need more competition for spots in the ruck instead of giving freebi games to anyone taller than 196cm
3. Didak, i dont like him coz he kicks goals...usually against us funnily enough. would be good if he could do the same for us.
4. okeefe. ageing superstar, hes the player that we need but we need him for about 8 years not 3
5. Hall. right type of player but too old
6. Cousins. too old
7. white. would only get him if we could on trade him to freo for their first round pick...could be worth a gamble
8. shaw. is as good as jason cloke. gets a few touches wen he doesnt play on anyone, but goes missing wen the oppo mans him up. no need for him.

but in saying that, arent we allowed to hold on to our picks just for one year

My Preferences:

1 O'keefe- Hard worker, Great Forward.
2 Warnock - For pick 24, good ruckman.
3 Kerr - If we don;t get ROK, but even then, not worth it.
4 Cousins - If he's available for us at PSD.

5 Didak - Noty.
6. Shaw - Noty.
7 White - Definite No.
8. Hall - HELL NO!

1. Ryan O'Keefe - Is basically a massive upgrade from Brad Fisher.

2. Robbie Warnock - Could end up being a star Ruckman

3. Daniel Kerr - will be too expensive money & draft picks

4. Heath Shaw - No thanks

5. Ben Cousins - Already 30, & the drugs

6. Barry Hall - Mentally Unstable & getting old

7. Jeff White - Nah, too old, not good enough for Melbourne.

8. Alan Didak - Fevola is bad enough. Him & Fevola? No thanks

LOL

I know for a fact Chris Judd can't stand Ben Cousins, and he is one of the reasons Judd left the Eagles in the first place, and the club has a zero tolerance policy on recruting junkies and/or d##k heads IE Laurie Angwin and Karl Norman etc, so not a chance in hell we're going after Cousins

Only interested in Robbie Warnock .. I'd also be interested in Daniel Kerr if he came cheaply.

Let clubs like the Dogs recruit players like Hall, it won't get them any closer to winning a premiership I can assure you ...
I don't want us to go down the same path as Freo, they thought they were close enough to win a flag, so they topped up with players like Cybil (Tarrant), Dean Solomon, Mark Johnson and Kepler Bradley, and it's got them no where ...

Topping up/recycling players is fraught with danger and not worth the risk in the last couple of uncompromised drafts

Warnock
Draft Picks.

That's it.

Same for me.:thumbsu:

White: cant get a game at melbourne and they are at rock bottom.
O'Keefe: as someone said we need his type for more then 3 years.
Cousins: If you want Judd to leave :rolleyes: then by all means.
Hall: His mental farts result in suspensions.
Didak: We can do without his off-field antics.
Shaw: His not going anywhere.
Kerr: Will cost way too much.....Picks,Players,Cash.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

despite what many may think, if we were to land ROK we will finish in the top four next year.

So we make top four next year. Our kids aren't ready to challenge for a flag yet.

I don't know about everyone else, but i want a dynasty and prolonged success, not just a couple of years up the ladder.

We have that opportunity - we've drafted well, but we're only about 2/3's of the way there. Need to keep going.

despite what many may think, if we were to land ROK we will finish in the top four next year.

We probably would, but is that what we really want?

We're building a team that can hopefully bring us sustained success. Recruiting a 28 year old would hinder this to some degree.

You have to way up short term success vs long term sustained success. I know which one I'd prefer.

We've waited so long, let's not jump at an opportunity to help in the short term whilst possibly harming the dream in the long term.

Edit: Beaten by BD. He's 100% correct.

LOL

I know for a fact Chris Judd can't stand Ben Cousins, and he is one of the reasons Judd left the Eagles in the first place, and the club has a zero tolerance policy on recruting junkies and/or d##k heads IE Laurie Angwin and Karl Norman etc, so not a chance in hell we're going after Cousins

Only interested in Robbie Warnock .. I'd also be interested in Daniel Kerr if he came cheaply.

firstly- you just contradicted yourself by saying theres no chance in hell we would go after junkies then saying you would like us to take kerr.

secondly the club does not have a zero headcase and junkies policy, what about darren pfeiffer?

however i agree with the rest of your post and the general concensus that pick six is off limits and we dont throw away picks for short term gain.

also i love juddy but no single player can be that precious, if we were to get someone that he didnt get on with personally he would have to get over it for the good of the team.

LOL

How on earth is Daniel Kerr not included in the 'junkie and/or d##k head' category?

Seriously, the man is an assclown/ criminal/ mates with drug dealers/ thug/ prescription forger/ taxi smasher/ spanner of the highest magnitude.

Hes only generating this trade crap to try and eke more money out of the bottomless money bags of West coast (seeing as aside from Cox who else is earning any real money over there?) at a time when the club is in desperate need of leaders (and leadership).

The very thought of him wearing the navy blue makes me want to puke.

I wish he'd bloody sign with WCE already.

has anyone else heard other clubs have already stopped enquiring about Brad Green as a deal with us is as good as done?

(don't shoot the messenger, just asking if others have heard it)

has anyone else heard other clubs have already stopped enquiring about Brad Green as a deal with us is as good as done?

(don't shoot the messenger, just asking if others have heard it)

I hope not, but I have heard rumblings of that as well (which could be a result of melbourne having to get their TPP down to 92.5%). If we trade pick 24 for Warnock I hope thats it regarding trading picks.

I would only want one of OKeefe or Warnock or else it could look like Carlton not havng a pick until 40 in what is supposed to be a great draft.

Well that's not hard.
All we had to do was beat the Tiges in round 1 and beat the Dons twice and we would have done it this year.

The point is we still wouldn't be close to winning a flag.

Will ROK fix the issues of disposal we have? Too many of our players turn it over too often.

Look at our bottom 6, not our top 6.
Russell, Bentick, Carrazzo, Simpson, Hampson, Wiggins.
That's the difference between finishing in the top 4 and being a contender.

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade preferences

Remove this Banner Ad

Back