Trade Talk 2013 - Yeo, Doc, Polec, Karnezis, Longer gone - Welcome Paine, West, Magwon!

Remove this Banner Ad

Wonder if Brissy are after Sam Darley from GWS?

There were a few unconfirmed whispers Brisbane were talking about a GWS player today, and just then Silvagni said their was a non-melb based club interested in Darley......

He'd be a great acquisition.

Would keep our Tasmanian quota level after Cornelius goes.

I must admit he's kind of faded into the background most of the games I've seen him play. He seems like the sort of player we should target, at least.

Darley has some real talent and is tough, wouldnt of been easy playing back in the GWS side for the last couple of years.

Seems like GWS are doing that thing where you keep cashing in the $20 you won on your Instant Scratch-it. They're going to keep trading out players for draft picks for a few years yet, perhaps for a few iterations.

Darley has some real talent and is tough, wouldnt of been easy playing back in the GWS side for the last couple of years.

He hasn't been playing back in the GWS side, unless you mean reserves. ;)

To be honest I haven't seen much of Darley. Rated well as a youngster but IIRC he's had a couple of injuries and has been behind the likes of Bugg and Kennedy as a defensive small. I think his attacking side is better than allowed to play at GWS. He has potential and would be more mature than your average draftee.

Seems like GWS are doing that thing where you keep cashing in the $20 you won on your Instant Scratch-it. They're going to keep trading out players for draft picks for a few years yet, perhaps for a few iterations.

I think the key bit is that they haven't traded away any best 22 players with the exception of Adams (wanted out) and Tyson (offer was too good to refuse, coming off his injury). They're not really making themselves worse, but they're also spreading their talent over three years so far. GC has done a bit similar via the minidrafts.

Was an article on afl.com saying Darley would be heading to the bulldogs do pick 78 or something. Surprised to see his name brought up in the longer saints 3 way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Interesting to hear Steven Silvagni say that GWS got a really good offer for Josh Bruce from another club, but that he wanted to join the Saints.
I reckon that was us.

He hasn't been playing back in the GWS side, unless you mean reserves. ;)

To be honest I haven't seen much of Darley. Rated well as a youngster but IIRC he's had a couple of injuries and has been behind the likes of Bugg and Kennedy as a defensive small. I think his attacking side is better than allowed to play at GWS. He has potential and would be more mature than your average draftee.

I think the key bit is that they haven't traded away any best 22 players with the exception of Adams (wanted out) and Tyson (offer was too good to refuse, coming off his injury). They're not really making themselves worse, but they're also spreading their talent over three years so far. GC has done a bit similar via the minidrafts.

He played half back in his first year, only played 4 games this year.

Wonder if Brissy are after Sam Darley from GWS?

There were a few unconfirmed whispers Brisbane were talking about a GWS player today, and just then Silvagni said their was a non-melb based club interested in Darley......

He'd be a great acquisition.

Personally think Darley is locked for the Dogs. Wouldn't be surprised if the player/s we were after are Buntine and/or Bugg. They hold more currency than Darley.

Interesting to hear Steven Silvagni say that GWS got a really good offer for Josh Bruce from another club, but that he wanted to join the Saints.
I reckon that was us.
Best remedy for players who choose the Saints over us is to kick their arse come game day.

Well, we saw yesterday that the going rate for a former pick 5 flanker is roughly pick 25. Based on this, I can only assume that GWS will accept one of our second rounders for Buntine, as fair and reasonable compensation for loss of a top draftee.

I reckon that was us.

As a young key defender who presumably wants first team footy, the Saints make a lot more sense.

We certainly need a Yeo replacement. Harwood and Golby hold down two spots, but Yeo was that attacking line breaking defender in our 22 that we need to replace. I could see us chasing a more ready made option for this to take Yeo's spot for next year from GWS.

Perhaps swapping Longer for a Bugg and a bit of a pick shuffle is our desired outcome.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Best remedy for players who choose the Saints over us is to kick their arse come game day.

As a rule I try not to be petty or vindictive, but geez I would take particular joy in smashing them on field next year. Twice. The best revenge is to live well and so on.

As a separate issue I have no idea of our KPP/2nd ruck structure for round 1 next year.

We certainly need a Yeo replacement. Harwood and Golby hold down two spots, but Yeo was that attacking line breaking defender in our 22 that we need to replace. I could see us chasing a more ready made option for this to take Yeo's spot for next year from GWS.

Perhaps swapping Longer for a Bugg and a bit of a pick shuffle is our desired outcome.

Harwood showed he can break lines just as much as well. As can Hanley.

Harwood showed he can break lines just as much as well. As can Hanley.

Be nice to have the luxury to keep Hanley as part of the onball rotation though, if that's what suits. I'd rather play Hanley in defence by choice than by necessity. And my ultimate preference is that he continues to develop into an elite midfielder/wingman who causes damage when pushing forward.

I, for one, welcome our new T Pain overlord.

20120801_tpain.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade Talk 2013 - Yeo, Doc, Polec, Karnezis, Longer gone - Welcome Paine, West, Magwon!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back