Trade Talk 2013 - Yeo, Doc, Polec, Karnezis, Longer gone - Welcome Paine, West, Magwon!

Remove this Banner Ad

Still have to cut 1 more on top of Cornelius and O'Brien if we intend to get McGuane and use all our first/second draft picks. Hopefully it's Banfield

Banfield should go. I mean we have 2 of the quickest small forwards in the game in Zorks and green. Just can't see banfield improving his kicking. That's the only thing he needs to fix. I know if he goes than the small forward depth shortens but come on. Pay him out and get rid of him. A fit green is better than a fit banfield any day of the week.

Tries hard, and gives it his all, but his skills let him down quite a bit. Probably not what we need.

In response to above, he can be signed as a delisted free agent.

Thx mate. Delist banfield sign Addison simple. At least Addison works hard.

The only reason we should get McGuane is if Staker leaves which i think won't happen - they can pretty much play the same role. We've just recruited two talls and the list will be extremely unbalanced if we bring him in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And Banfield doesn't? :confused:

Not enough on his kicking. Now I know it seems I have a vendetta against him but I remember a few years back he couldn't kick straight to save his life let alone win a game for us. Working hard doesn't all mean gut running and tackling. I mean what's the point of doing the hard yards if you can't convert.

Rediculous statement. It's like saying get rid of Rich because he can't kick or Black needs to up his clearance work. His best feature his is hard defensive work. He can't finish off the reward for that hard work, that's what lets him down.

Confirmation of O'Brien's delisting

“Following the Trade Period, it became apparent that we would need to find another spot on our list so that we could potentially use our six selections inside the second round of the upcoming Draft,” Warren said.

Given we haven't freed up another spot, the chances of signing McGuane look slim.

All the best Jesse!

Rediculous statement. It's like saying get rid of Rich because he can't kick or Black needs to up his clearance work. His best feature his is hard defensive work. He can't finish off the reward for that hard work, that's what lets him down.

What's ridiculous? I didn't once mention he needed to work defensively. Green and Zorks are much better defensively and cam finish. Again if he could kick straight or hit up targets inside the 50 (after the thought stuff I'd have him in before green. Just saying.

What's ridiculous? I didn't once mention he needed to work defensively. Green and Zorks are much better defensively and cam finish. Again if he could kick straight or hit up targets inside the 50 (after the thought stuff I'd have him in before green. Just saying.

Not sure if you've seen Addison play, but I don't think he'd help with that either. His skills are a pretty big flaw in his game.

Fair enough to call out that Banfield has troubles kicking, but to suggest that he needs to work harder on it is probably what is being referred to as ridiculous. The guy works very hard on his craft and it's very evident at NEAFL games that he wants to be there. He's just in a big form slump.

It's also fair enough to say that he should be delisted, but not through lack of effort.

I would argue that it is hands that is his problem, not his kicking. He can be hit and miss, but certainly can kick a goal, and that is his role, being the finisher.

Just checked banfields stats. He has kicked 57 goals and 54 points in 53 games. Not as bad as I first could remember. But at just over 50% it could improve a margin than I could see him in the team at around 60-65%. What posse is he playing in reserves? Is he a mid or a forward?

Just checked banfields stats. He has kicked 57 goals and 54 points in 53 games. Not as bad as I first could remember. But at just over 50% it could improve a margin than I could see him in the team at around 60-65%. What posse is he playing in reserves? Is he a mid or a forward?

Primarily up front with defensive pressure. He's spent some time in the middle though ... He definitely misses a lot of scoring opportunities and I think I might've said at some point that he seems to have more time than he thinks he does when he gets his hands on the ball.

Tough call whether he'll stick around. He's also bulked up a lot.

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade Talk 2013 - Yeo, Doc, Polec, Karnezis, Longer gone - Welcome Paine, West, Magwon!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back