Trade Talk

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 1, 2004
the lodge
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Essendon Bombers
After the Judd rumour was brought up toady it got me thinking about trading players. As the McVeigh bros. want to be together, what about these scenarios.

Essendon trade MJ, Hunt and D. Walsh +2nd rnd pick to Melbourne.

Melbourne give us Travis Johnstone.

Melbourne on trade Ess and their own 2nd rnd pick and Broadbridge or P.Walsh to Sydney.

Sydney give J. McVeigh to the Dons.

OR

Melbourne on trade Ess and their own 2nd rnd pick and Broadbridge or P.Walsh to Sydney.

Sydney give J. McVeigh or O'Keefe to the Dons and Buchanan to Geelong.

Geelong give us Wodjinski and we trade him for Wirrpunda.

OR

M. McVeigh to Geelong who trade him to the Swans who give Geelong Buchanan and Essendon get Wodjinski who with a 2nd rnd pick is traded to WCE for Wirra.

OR

As Brownless said on SEN Lloyd and McPhee for Judd :eek:

Thoughts?

Originally posted by DonFan
Lloyd AND McPhee for Judd?

:rolleyes:

One of them plus an early draft pick maybe but no way both of them.

Lloyd has more worth than Judd. We would want the draft pick.

That being said, you don't trade away champions.

Blah Blah Balh trade MJ, for ****s sake the guy has given us 6 seasons of great football. Now he has one bad season where he has been played out of position and is now down on confidence and you want him out the door and for who? Travis"mr inconsistancy "Johnson. Give me a break!

If we got a half-eaten hot dog AND a pair of footy socks for Darren Walsh, it would be the trade of the millennium. He and Sam Hunt are more likely to be delisted. Someone will pick up Hunt though, so we might just be able to trade him.

And on another post, I reckon I'd rather have Wojcinski than Wirrpunda.

Do you reckon Hawthorn could have another look at Misiti and Mercuri for Campbell Brown? Not that I really rate Brown. A sort of underskilled MJ. Huge nads though.

Dont think so

Wouldn't trade Lloyd for Judd let alone Lloyd and Mcphee. Travis Jhonstone however could be useful at the dons. Don't think the Dees would give him up though. Would anybody give us anything for Winderlich?? I just don't think hes gonna cut it. Hope he prooves me wrong but he just doesnt seem to attract the ball.

Originally posted by Longy413
Lloyd has more worth than Judd. We would want the draft pick.

That being said, you don't trade away champions.

you have got to be joking who would trade llyod?

u can get people like judd much cheeper

Originally posted by greekgod
you have got to be joking who would trade llyod?

u can get people like judd much cheeper

Huh?

I said Lloyd was worth more than Judd and that you don't trade away champions (Lloyd being that champion)

You might want to read it again.

Originally posted by bomaz
After the Judd rumour was brought up toady it got me thinking about trading players. As the McVeigh bros. want to be together, what about these scenarios.

Sydney give J. McVeigh to the Dons.

OR

Sydney give J. McVeigh or O'Keefe to the Dons and Buchanan to Geelong.

Geelong give us Wodjinski and we trade him for Wirrpunda.

OR

M. McVeigh to Geelong who trade him to the Swans who give Geelong Buchanan and Essendon get Wodjinski who with a 2nd rnd pick is traded to WCE for Wirra.

OR

As Brownless said on SEN Lloyd and McPhee for Judd :eek:

Thoughts?

Huh! How do you work that out bomaz? Where on the internet can I find a list of players available for trading at season's end?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How about this?

We give away our early draft picks:
1st & 2nd Round picks for a good midfielder, possibly T Johnstone.

We then pick up delisted players with senior experience with our late picks, or save them and pick them up in the Preseason draft.

Why?
-Because we've picked 2 kids in each of the first rounds the last two drafts, so our kids are very good. (Laycock & Winderlich, 2002, and Bradley & Stanton 2003)
-Because this draft is supposed to be light on for talent.

If our 4 to come off the list are Misiti, Mercuri, Hunt and a small midfielder, possibly Bullen.
This would free up decent money for the midfielder.
But this relies on Mercuri retiring.

Mero said:
How about this?

We give away our early draft picks:
1st & 2nd Round picks for a good midfielder, possibly T Johnstone.

We then pick up delisted players with senior experience with our late picks, or save them and pick them up in the Preseason draft.

Why?
-Because we've picked 2 kids in each of the first rounds the last two drafts, so our kids are very good. (Laycock & Winderlich, 2002, and Bradley & Stanton 2003)
-Because this draft is supposed to be light on for talent.

If our 4 to come off the list are Misiti, Mercuri, Hunt and a small midfielder, possibly Bullen.
This would free up decent money for the midfielder.
But this relies on Mercuri retiring.
this draft isnt a weak draft there are heaps of kids who are really good and if u watch the championships and the under 18's you would see there are a lot of very good playes

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade Talk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back