Trade Week: Rumour File

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any vision on him? What type of player is he?

From Kalgoorlie - is a solid long kicking left footer , gets plenty of the ball and is tough contested ball winner . Good all round player compared to Priddis but is quicker and his clearance work would not be as good as Priddis but still good .

Horsley was R/U in the Sandover Medal and is turning 24 soon . Vision , there would be on You Tube ( I have no idea on linking )

O'Meara has been a lock to Goldcoast for quite some time now. Barring a massive late minute bid that is where he will end up.

2nd round rookie pick?

2nd round national draft is a bit high, even in a weak draft..

whats your second rounder? pick 40 odd. Any pick after 30 this year is lucky dip imo at this stage. Horsley would be a very solid contributor at afl level imo and is quite a reasonably known quantity as he'll be 24 next year. If the bombers or eagles for that matter want to shore up their midfields i'd be willing to part with anything past pick 30 for him.

mind you i have had a history of being the complete opposite of most bigfooty posters and overrating players in comparison to draft picks.

People are seriously overating Jack Gunston. He has done very little, he kicked 5 goals against a Tiger defense that is arguably the worst in the league, and he kicked 3 of them in the last 8 minutes when the game was over and Thursfield had cobbed and elbow to the face and went off.

Im glad we are not keen on him, cos it seems the club who trades for him will be paying massive overs for an unproven 3rd tall forward.

News on Tippett:
http://http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/sport/adelaide-reaffirms-kurt-tippert-will-be-playing-for-crows-next-season/story-e6frg7mf-1226161609284

Maybe that quote has been manipulated somehow but that is what has been said today but our CEO.

I thought that was a really interesting quote. I know I am reading a bit into it but it is interesting that he said

"there is no contract clause exit for him" rather than...

"there is no exit clause in his contract"

He seemed to be confirming that there is an exit clause in his contract but that they are not trading him anyway.

I thought that was a really interesting quote. I know I am reading a bit into it but it is interesting that he said

"there is no contract clause exit for him" rather than...

"there is no exit clause in his contract"

He seemed to be confirming that there is an exit clause in his contract but that they are not trading him anyway.

An interesting play on words ET.

I suppose the only thing that will happen now is Tippett will come out and say he want's to be traded to QLD.

Bring on Monday

People are seriously overating Jack Gunston. He has done very little, he kicked 5 goals against a Tiger defense that is arguably the worst in the league, and he kicked 3 of them in the last 8 minutes when the game was over and Thursfield had cobbed and elbow to the face and went off.

Im glad we are not keen on him, cos it seems the club who trades for him will be paying massive overs for an unproven 3rd tall forward.
Oh god, not this shit again. I'm not sure why your club wouldn't be interested in him, he is a much better foil for Riewoldt than Brad Miller. He isn't unproven, and the club who gets him won't be paying over. Emma Quayle rates him a top 10-15 pick in this draft, and she has a heck of a lot more idea than a BF nuffie.

Oh god, not this shit again. I'm not sure why your club wouldn't be interested in him, he is a much better foil for Riewoldt than Brad Miller. He isn't unproven, and the club who gets him won't be paying over. Emma Quayle rates him a top 10-15 pick in this draft, and she has a heck of a lot more idea than a BF nuffie.

What has Gunston proven??

I would not be suprised if Daniel Connors is involved in the Maric to Richmond trade. I would love to keep Maric, I am holding out hope he will somehow end up staying at Adelaide. I really liked the Jacobs/Maric ruck partnership towards the end of the year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I tried to link the article ...... but its a small footy shorts segment .

The second round is high in the ND , but that is about his price , Collingwood keen also . Horsley is very good and worth it , my hope is we get pick 28 from PA and use that on Horsley.

Yeah, I heard we tried to package deal him with marty clarke instead of Elliot but GWS said no go.

whats your second rounder? pick 40 odd. Any pick after 30 this year is lucky dip imo at this stage. Horsley would be a very solid contributor at afl level imo and is quite a reasonably known quantity as he'll be 24 next year. If the bombers or eagles for that matter want to shore up their midfields i'd be willing to part with anything past pick 30 for him.

mind you i have had a history of being the complete opposite of most bigfooty posters and overrating players in comparison to draft picks.

I wouldnt be willing to offer up a second round pick for him, I could see us dealing with GWS for our 3rd round pick for Horsley, but sounds like he is on other clubs radars as well..

FWIW, people are seriously underselling this years draft as pathetic after the first 10 - 20 picks, if people dig enough, you can find gold, just need to dig far enough.

After about 80 then it drops off..

Melbourne thinking about using all first round picks (including compo) to make a play for Jaeger and Dangerfield. They feel that Craig could help get the deal done.

If you think you're gonna need to give up a heap for O'meara, just think what you're gonna need to give up for Dangerfield. He's contracted for next year, so it's gonna have to be half our list to get the deal done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back