Training Training reports 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Sellers is an interesting one as a potential afl pick up. He is a tad undersized for a kpf, but has sticky hands, good leading patterns and is a proven vfl goal kicker. He isn’t slow, but I think he lacks some athleticism. From a structural pov, he wouldn’t ruck much, but could play as an undersized chf.

Ford - Sellers - Stevo
Duursma - Larkey - Zurhaar

I/C: Curtis/Harvey

With the above structure with Ford/Duursma/Zurhaar as the pseudo third kpfs , there is clear need for a genuine second chf tall. I understand the second ruck situation, but Comben and even sellers/Greenwood could potentially work with a 90/10 split with X.
Could that be improved substantially in a full time AFL environment?

Ohh you’re one of those losers that calls out a spelling error. You would be real fun I’m sure.
Nah. I pointed it out so you don’t make a twat of yourself in future in other situations. And did so politely as well. But here you are complaining about being educated. Guess you will continue to be your name. Off you toddle.

Without doubt the most pleasing part of yesterday was watching our game plan and ball movement. I remember this time last year, watching Ziebell and McDonald stop & prop post turnover, slow stagnant ball movement. Fast forward to yesterday, bold, fast ball movement, run & gun. Sheezel, Goater, Mckercher & Bergman are such a nice mix of precision footskills and speed. It is very aligned to how we played against GC.

Awesome.
I don't want to bring the excitement down too much, but it was North against North. I'll believe it when I see it in a H&A context

So if North dont pick Sellers ( which l hope they do) will they maybe go for Lowson. Also when do they have to make the selection by?
I have also been keen on Lowson for a while now, however I'm sure I heard a rumor that he didn't want to be drafted to an AFL list???

Without doubt the most pleasing part of yesterday was watching our game plan and ball movement. I remember this time last year, watching Ziebell and McDonald stop & prop post turnover, slow stagnant ball movement. Fast forward to yesterday, bold, fast ball movement, run & gun. Sheezel, Goater, Mckercher & Bergman are such a nice mix of precision footskills and speed. It is very aligned to how we played against GC.

Awesome.
100%, it will win us a few games (like the Gold Coast game last year) and lose us a few games because we'll be caught / exposed on turnovers but it's a much better proposition than losing because we're slow and can't move the ball with any speed or precision.

Could that be improved substantially in a full time AFL environment?
Good question as I don't have a definitive answer for you. Certainly aspects like speed and strengthening work can certainly improve athleticism, but to what degree is debatable.

Has anyone worked out who all the VFL players were that played yesterday? Obviously there was Davis, Sellers, Downie, Lienert and Lowson. De La Rue played and kicked a goal. Who was the blond kid and the kid with the wavy mullet thing going on? They looked pretty handy tbh. There was also another defender who might have been mixed up as Paul Curtis by some watching, not sure who he is.

“And Stringer receives the looping Heppel handball on the forward flank, but here come the George’s!”

View attachment 1905433
Lol that's a seriously underrated movie. I reckon one of the best spoof movies, unearthed a fair few future stars, only a couple of missteps with a couple of the gross out scenes but a pretty solid joke hit rate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's strange to try and evaluate intraclub's. Fwiw I thought some individual performances were mind-blowing whilst the overall standard was underwhelming. No surprises who caught the eye, they've been given plenty of flowers.

At least they're trying to instill a positive gameplan. Hopefully it clicks like it did with the 2012 North team.

Last edited:
Has anyone worked out who all the VFL players were that played yesterday? Obviously there was Davis, Sellers, Downie, Lienert and Lowson. De La Rue played and kicked a goal. Who was the blond kid and the kid with the wavy mullet thing going on? They looked pretty handy tbh. There was also another defender who might have been mixed up as Paul Curtis by some watching, not sure who he is.
The blond kid was (I think) Charlie Harrop, played Coates league with Sandringham

Fans allowed to rock up at AIA for the hit out next week? Never been there so unfamiliar with its public accessibility
Our practice match against Collingwood is free of charge and it is going to be held now at Olympic Park oval which is Collingwood's Home Ground as Arden Street Oval has just been resurfaced and isn't currently approved for game play.

Olympic Park Oval is quite large so you should ahve no issue finding a place to watch the game from around the ground.

Below is a link to directions to the ground.
Olympic Park Oval · Olympic Blvd, Melbourne VIC 3000, Australia

If you ahve any questions please feel free to reach out again.

Thanks!
Lori Ahern
Membership Sales Officer
North Melbourne Football Club
M:1300 526 427
A: 204‑206 Arden Street, North Melbourne VIC 3051

Remove this Banner Ad

Training Training reports 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back