Training today

Remove this Banner Ad

rooboy75

Debutant
Oct 5, 2003
London
Other Teams
Kangaroos
Popped down to Arden St today with the kids to watch a bit of the training. A few random observations:

- thought it was pretty quiet on the field, not much talk. I dont get to training much, so hopefully this is normal
- they did some basic drills and then broke into groups based on position (assume this was more of a freshen up)
- maj did most of the session, and then some individual work
- zeibs was out there as well. Will miss him the next few weeks.
- was surprised at how bulky patch looks, he was never a weed, but seems to have bulked up more
- patch and wright did some goal kicking from 40 out right in front of me. Lets hope they don't get too many from there tomorrow as they were on about a 20% conversion rate
- Black looks great, so clean with his hands
- Taylor Hines also looks like a footballer, dumped McMahon once with a great tackle

If I think of anything else I will add later.

One thing I'll add is there was no work on pressuring opponents, although it was just a fairly light skills sessions anyway. Did a drill with handballing in close in D50 and then kicking out to a target on the flanks, then did drills involving running in waves off half back to kick into F50 and stoppage work in F50. The last two had players on opposing teams, but the ones in the bibs were mainly just witches hats. Didn't touch it and weren't really supposed to.

The team looked pretty sharp I thought. Ziebell is hands down our best player going by that session. Has it all and is ridiculously clean, though did get outmarked by Boomer at one point

The most interesting thing was watching the Werribee and North Ballarat boys about an hour before the main session. They trained with each other despite playing against each other today, with Scott West (Werribee coach) overlooking the whole thing

One thing I'll add is there was no work on pressuring opponents, although it was just a fairly light skills sessions anyway. Did a drill with handballing in close in D50 and then kicking out to a target on the flanks, then did drills involving running in waves off half back to kick into F50 and stoppage work in F50.
Why would we? We know what's wrong and how to fix it :mad:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Training today

Remove this Banner Ad

Back