Transfer Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Thing is I don't think anyone is after Toney at 50M plus really currently.

His contract is winding down so it depends on if there's competition for him.

£50m doesn't seem overs compared to Jesus for 45m, Havertz for 65m, Højlund for 64m plus £8, Lukaku for 97.5m.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

His contract is winding down so it depends on if there's competition for him.

£50m doesn't seem overs compared to Jesus for 45m, Havertz for 65m, Højlund for 64m plus £8, Lukaku for 97.5m.
Difference is all of those players were below 25 when they were sold I think.

Don't think any of the top 6 clubs are going to buy him. There's not really money elsewhere in Europe, perhaps if the Geordies sell Isak they could go for Toney as a replacement.

Difference is all of those players were below 25 when they were sold I think.

Don't think any of the top 6 clubs are going to buy him. There's not really money elsewhere in Europe, perhaps if the Geordies sell Isak they could go for Toney as a replacement.

Lukaku was 28 when Chelsea re-signed him for £97.5 million. same age as Toney is now.

Toney’s stock seems to have fallen since returning from suspension, his value appeared to have peaked during that time. Contract length remaining is obviously a factor.

Supposedly he/his representatives have met with a number of clubs since, including Arsenal. However it was suggested (perhaps from Ornstein on a podcast, I can’t recall exactly where I heard it from) that his attitude and responses he gave in that interview has cooled interest from a few clubs he was linked to prior.

Remove this Banner Ad

Transfer Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back