Transgender

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please be aware that the tolerance of anti-trans language on BF is at an all-time low. Jokes and insults that are trans-related, as well as anti-trans and bigoted rhetoric will be met with infractions, threadbans etc as required. It's a sensitive (and important) topic, so behave like well-mannered adults when discussing it, PARTICULARLY when disagreeing. This equally applies across the whole site.

Last edited:
Prove it.

You have 24 hours. If you cannot produce evidence of your claim - not a general 'we operate within the law', 'we operate with parental consent when a patient is younger than 18'; genuine 'this person was operated on when they were younger than 18' - you will be threadbanned and receive an infraction for spreading misinformation.

Another video shows a Vanderbilt plastic surgeon discussing guidelines doctors must follow before doing “top surgeries,” or double mastectomies, on transgender patients. Those include a letter documenting persistent gender dysphoria from a licensed mental health provider. Patients who are 16 and 17 who’ve been on testosterone and have parental permission can qualify, the doctor said.

Video of comments and highlights it better then the article. (sorry matt walsh tweet but video is of above). From the 36 sec mark, talking about the patients under 18 who have had the surgery.

EDIT*: second video

Im not saying that illegal but say i think it should be and I would be in favour of a ban till 18.

Also from faux. Web pages taken down of the care the hospital provided. Why take down the sites?

The page for the transgender pediatric clinic was also unavailable on the Vanderbilt Children's Hospital website, despite being live as recently as August 31. Vanderbilt Health's "Gender-Affirming Surgery" page was unavailable as of Wednesday, but was live as recently as July 2.

Another video shows a Vanderbilt plastic surgeon discussing guidelines doctors must follow before doing “top surgeries,” or double mastectomies, on transgender patients. Those include a letter documenting persistent gender dysphoria from a licensed mental health provider. Patients who are 16 and 17 who’ve been on testosterone and have parental permission can qualify, the doctor said.

Video of comments and highlights it better then the article. (sorry matt walsh tweet but video is of above). From the 36 sec mark, talking about the patients under 18 who have had the surgery.

EDIT*: second video

Im not saying that illegal but say i think it should be and I would be in favour of a ban till 18.

Also from faux. Web pages taken down of the care the hospital provided. Why take down the sites?

The page for the transgender pediatric clinic was also unavailable on the Vanderbilt Children's Hospital website, despite being live as recently as August 31. Vanderbilt Health's "Gender-Affirming Surgery" page was unavailable as of Wednesday, but was live as recently as July 2.

There we go. We can now operate on the basis that it's happening, as opposed to where we were before without evidence.

Strike that. It's getting more and more possible by the day;

It's not availablle for male-to-female transgender patients yet and the uteri need to be removed again after birth (rejection syndrome) but reproductive organ transplantation is moving forward.

It would be difficult, actually impossible for a biological male to receive a uterus and fir that to work. That’s because the hardwiring AKA DNA hasn’t changed. You can’t actually change it. Some expression yes but not the actual DNA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

It would be difficult, actually impossible for a biological male to receive a uterus and fir that to work. That’s because the hardwiring AKA DNA hasn’t changed. You can’t actually change it. Some expression yes but not the actual DNA.

At this stage I don't know how it would all work either, to be honest. Male pelvic structre vs female pelvic structure might be another hurdle. They might never be able to conceive 'naturally' if working ovaries prove too hard to replicate or transplant. Maybe an IVF transfer into a donor uterus is as close as they'll get. If they are happy with that, so be it I say.

... you did see the article you're quoting, right?

Prove it.

You have 24 hours. If you cannot produce evidence of your claim - not a general 'we operate within the law', 'we operate with parental consent when a patient is younger than 18'; specific 'this person was operated on when they were younger than 18' - you will be threadbanned and receive an infraction for spreading misinformation.

I didn't know this was a offence which could receive an infraction? If so well I reckon mods miss a fair bit on here!

I didn't know this was a offence which could receive an infraction? If so well I reckon mods miss a fair bit on here!
It was announced that some particularly persistent offenders would be told to put their money where their mouth is.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can't mods do their own research?
Unfortunately this leads to people chasing up endless misinformation and so the mods have decided on this way to minimise that.

The misinformation tactics - exhaust your opponent with endless fake news - has been played out in here. People trying it on will be removed.

Unfortunately this leads to people chasing up endless misinformation and so the mods have decided on this way to minimise that.

The misinformation tactics - exhaust your opponent with endless fake news - has been played out in here. People trying it on will be removed.

Well this sets a bit of a dangerous precedent and will cause a lot of disagreements (moreso than usual)

Well this sets a bit of a dangerous precedent and will cause a lot of disagreements (moreso than usual)
Nope.

It's common sense: link stuff, and don't be a ****wit about repeating off the wall claims without linking to the source.

If you are found to be consistently linking to fake news or false claims then you will be monitored more heavily.

Nobody has the time to constantly correct a Gish Galloping loon.

Nope.

It's common sense: link stuff, and don't be a ******* about repeating off the wall claims without linking to the source.

If you are found to be consistently linking to fake news or false claims then you will be monitored more heavily.

Nobody has the time to constantly correct a Gish Galloping loon.

Can you see how opinions may differ on that?

First of all, they’re not medical professionals. They’re activists.

And their motivation is money.
You think it’s ok for a 13 year old child to get a double mastectomy, or be castrated ?!
You do realise people who transition at adolescence are often a lot more happy and they usually don't have any regrets?

Funniest post of all time
He doesn't actually care about their happiness.
Are you still crying?
You and your cohorts were fun to play with when I couldn’t sleep, but if you think I’m going to take you seriously in the daytime, you’re kidding yourself.

Also, look up an article written by a young woman named Grace Ladinsky-Smith.

We’ll talk again at midnight.

Are you still crying?
You and your cohorts were fun to play with when I couldn’t sleep, but if you think I’m going to take you seriously in the daytime, you’re kidding yourself.

One example doesn't bring the entire thing crashing down you do realise?

Are you still crying?

Nobody was crying over your pathetic display last night. Everybody got a good laugh out of your delusions of self-importance.

But, more importantly, you provided absolutely no defence for your repeat claims of "facts" and the support they provide for your opinion. Numerous posters gave several scientific sources which directly discredit your perspective, and the scientific consensus is that the archaic nonsense you peddle is wrong - yet here you still are, claiming to be some sort of font of knowledge, when in reality you are just as full of shit as Jordan Peterson.

Everyone will be waiting with baited breath for your return from under your rock, where it's still the 1950s, but in the meantime you should try and actually research things before spraying from the hip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back