Tredders Injured

Remove this Banner Ad

Terrible news for tredders, but he does have good recuperative powers. There seems to be a growing trend for our captains being injured. :eek:

Tredrea dislocates kneecap
4:20:46 PM Sat 11 March, 2006
Alan Shiell
Sportal for afl.com.au

Warren Tredrea, Port Adelaide's captain and champion centre half-forward, has dislocated his left kneecap and might be out of football for at least a month.

Tredrea fell on the knee in a goalmouth contest at the 15-minute mark of the second quarter in the Power's NAB Challenge match against the Brisbane Lions at AAMI Stadium on Saturday.

He stayed down, clearly in some pain, then limped from the field - initially with the help of trainers before he walked unaided around the boundary line, still with a limp.

He went straight to the dressing room where he was examined immediately by Port's medical officers, who were reluctant to forecast how long Tredrea could be sidelined, preferring to wait until the injury had cooled down and aware his kneecap had popped back in again.

Tredrea was insisting he would still be available for Port's round-one match against the Kangaroos at AAMI Stadium on Saturday, April 1 - three weeks away.

He has dislocated both kneecaps twice previously

Last time he did it in the PS cup, he came back early against Essendon. It was the game where know alls Brereton and Walls were talking about how Tredrea needed to work harder etc. Friggin dills. :rolleyes:

EDIT: It was also Lockwood's last real hurrah for us IIRC.
Double EDIT: Obviously I am thinking of 2001

*PAF said:
Last time he did it in the PS cup, he came back early against Essendon. It was the game where know alls Brereton and Walls were talking about how Tredrea needed to work harder etc. Friggin dills. :rolleyes:
You'll like this: In today's Age, Walls was the only one of all the pundits who has us in the eight. rolleyes indeed.

*PAF said:

EDIT: It was also Lockwood's last real hurrah for us IIRC.

He'll be there Round 1.......anyone else I be suspect about it.......but not Tredders, the man is a machine.......A perfect machine!!!

If he misses games it might be a blessing in disguise. The team will learn to play through other players like White, Pettigrew etc.
From listening to todays radio call, it sounded as though White revelled in Tredreas absence. Hopefully White will gain confidence and cement his spot before Tredrea returns.
But Choco will probably play Chad at CHF:rolleyes:
Still not an ideal start to a season, but when have we ever had one.

Wishinman said:
If he misses games it might be a blessing in disguise. The team will learn to play through other players like White, Pettigrew etc.
That would be a 100% benefit.
The team has been too Tredrea centric for far too long now.

snap-shot said:
Tredrea dislocates kneecap
4:20:46 PM Sat 11 March, 2006
Alan Shiell
Sportal for afl.com.au

Warren Tredrea, Port Adelaide's captain and champion centre half-forward, has dislocated his left kneecap and might be out of football for at least a month.

He has dislocated both kneecaps twice previously

Not sure if this is right.

1998 Right knee dislocation v Carlton, missed 5 games.
2001 Left knee dislocation v Syd in 2nd week of Ansett cup, missed 5 weeks, played Rd 2.
2003. Right knee dislocation v Adl 1st week of Wizard cup. Has arthroscopy, misses 4 weeks plays in Rd 1.

It all depends on what MRI shows and if he needs an arthroscopy, but I doubt he will be ready to go in a fortnight for Rd 1. Hope I'm wrong but history suggests unlikely to be ready.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

*PAF said:
That would be a 100% benefit.
The team has been too Tredrea centric for far too long now.
Absolutely. When the big fella comes back have him wreak havoc as a wingman. Time for a conventional forward setup.

Wishinman said:
From listening to todays radio call, it sounded as though White revelled in Tredreas absence. Hopefully White will gain confidence and cement his spot before Tredrea returns.
But Choco will probably play Chad at CHF:rolleyes:
Still not an ideal start to a season, but when have we ever had one.
Excellent post. If this does happen it will bamboozle opposition coaches who have us pegged as a ' one trick pony ' and work very well to our advantage.
PAF you were correct, that match at Docklands in Round 2 2001 was tragically, Bowen Lockwood's last game for us. He retired mid season that year. Recall running into him and his brother at Bells Hotel just after that at an aftermatch function and got a pretty hirrific description of the reason for his retirement.

From where I was sitting you couldnt really tell what happened when he went down. All I knew is that the umpires stopped the game for the stretcher to come out on the field. Tredders didnt need or want it and walked off and went straight down the race.

All we knew is that during the half time break that made the announcement that he dislocated his knee.

Bugga, that number is jinxed

bring it on said:
From where I was sitting you couldnt really tell what happened when he went down. All I knew is that the umpires stopped the game for the stretcher to come out on the field. Tredders didnt need or want it and walked off and went straight down the race.

All we knew is that during the half time break that made the announcement that he dislocated his knee.

He went up for a contest with 2 Lions and another Port player (possibly White but not sure) and clashed with said Power player. As soon as the trainers reached him they immediately signalled for the stretcher but Tredders decided he could walk off himself. We figured it was his kneecap as soon as it happened. Hope he is back as soon as possible but I do believe that Damon thrived in his absence. Could be a good sign for the future. :)

JuniorBurger said:
He went up for a contest with 2 Lions and another Port player (possibly White but not sure) and clashed with said Power player. As soon as the trainers reached him they immediately signalled for the stretcher but Tredders decided he could walk off himself. We figured it was his kneecap as soon as it happened. Hope he is back as soon as possible but I do believe that Damon thrived in his absence. Could be a good sign for the future. :)

Thanx for that. We were sitting next to the interchange bench and with the ice mist machine there it made for hard viewing sometimes with the players standing in front of it cooling down.

Wishinman said:
If he misses games it might be a blessing in disguise.

After the initial 'Holy s@%#!' - this is what I thought as well.

Because we'll finally find out if White and/or Thurstans are up to it.

Besides, it's better to happen now than halfway through the season.

RussellEbertHandball said:
Not sure if this is right.

1998 Right knee dislocation v Carlton, missed 5 games.
2001 Left knee dislocation v Syd in 2nd week of Ansett cup, missed 5 weeks, played Rd 2.
2003. Right knee dislocation v Adl 1st week of Wizard cup. Has arthroscopy, misses 4 weeks plays in Rd 1.

It all depends on what MRI shows and if he needs an arthroscopy, but I doubt he will be ready to go in a fortnight for Rd 1. Hope I'm wrong but history suggests unlikely to be ready.

Was it his left this time? cause if its his left, now he would have done both knees twice ..right?

I hope they don't rush him back if he isn't ready. Need him in top shape, and it might give White some room to improve himself and work in the forward line like he did during this game! R3 looks good for tredders to come back!

bring it on said:

No its not, its footy and these things happen.......could have been a dam site worse.....and if that is the case, is number 16 jinxed now for Pearcy seeing as though Tredders not only popped a knee a few times in that number, against carlton he really did some damage.

Remove this Banner Ad

Tredders Injured

Remove this Banner Ad

Back