Injury 2024 Injury Updates Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Irrelevant anyway given other matters, but he shouldn't play.

You don't recover from sore ribs in a week. We have seen that many times.

If he does play it will be a classic case of playing an injured player chasing a win which isn't there.

Watching that video and realising there was 100% more effort in minor round game that actually meant nothing at that point, compared to the game last night that meant everything.
We keep having random games where we just don't show up, look lethargic and have no energy.

I don't know if they got smashed during the week on training, or something else going on in their prep/nutrition - but it happens a few times every season.

Trouble is Hinkley is desperate. I can see him picking Zak even if he isn’t fit to play. He’ll put his interests ahead of the players
I wouldnt be surprised if that call is taken out of his hands.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is why having the next in line play during H&A is crucial to developing a team that has players filling roles when they need to. One solider out, another one takes his place.

Keeping Butters on ice for last nights game would have been the prudent thing to do, given we had the double chance.

Injury list
Zak Butters (ribs) - available
Kane Farrell (hamstring) - season
Hugh Jackson (knee) - season
Trent McKenzie (quad) - season
Kyle Marshall (shoulder) - season
Jeremy Finlayson (spleen) - season
Sam Powell-Pepper (knee) - season

He'll play hurt because that's what we do under Hinkley in games we need to win, and it almost always backfires.
But if it doesn't work, rest assured Ken will say with a straight face "we'll learn from that" in the post match presser.

But if it doesn't work, rest assured Ken will say with a straight face "we'll learn from that" in the post match presser.
And Kane Conres will deploy a full court press attack on the list and how Ken had his hands tied because of injuries

Whateley will cry tears of sadness over how hard Kenny worked to get a list of Ammo’s players to the semis but the orcs from Mordor didn’t appreciate him

Ryan Burton out with a calf.

Remove this Banner Ad

Injury 2024 Injury Updates Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back