• One week

Votes: 108 21.4%
  • Two weeks

Votes: 46 9.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
To think about it another way, what would people say if it was Toby Greene having knocked out dusty martin in the exact same way - doubt there'd be the push to clear him.

I don't have issues with people arguing for leniency in light of the GF, but let's not bullshit that this isn't a clear suspension in any other week

I think Ellis will prob get 1 week, but because it’s a GF and his opponent wasn’t KOed, he will be let off

Makes it seem stupid in comparison that redpath got 3 weeks for a slap to the neck.

Cochin its a hard one, its not your typical bump, he went low which might save him
But if he is given his 3rd strike then cant do anything about it

That's exactly it. If Cotchin says he was going for the ball they will ask him why he tucked his arm and his response will be trying to spill the ball. They will respond with thats fine but you got him in the head therefore will miss the Grand Final.

the bounce of the ball meant he pulled out of diving for it

If he dives and takes out the legs and gives away a free kick.

If he goes in head first he risks a concussion.

If he goes in low while bracing for contact he risks suspension.

What a stupid sport AFL has become :thumbsdown:

I don't think there is any question at what we have seen this year this points thing and MRP needs to be scrapped

It should be a tribunal of ex players with one lawyer on it to keep it legal and decisions made on common sense

But as it stands Cotchin and Ellis are gone unless the AFL decide to compromise their governance

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

If he dives and takes out the legs and gives away a free kick.

If he goes in head first he risks a concussion.

If he goes in low while bracing for contact he risks suspension.

What a stupid sport AFL has become :thumbsdown:

i dont like the guy, but he doesnt deserve suspension. even though taking out shiel helped his team win

had the ball bounced to cochin , cochin would have been in possession of the ball, and shiel prob would avoid contact

Hopefully Cotchin gets off.
I want to see him win the toss and then Adelaide get to kick with the wind in the first quarter of the GF.

Hopefully if cotchin gets off then someone fairly bumps him into concussion next week as they "go for the ball". If what he did was legal then it's a good tactic to employ rubbing out the best players "fairly".

mitch wallis bumped an essendon player similar this year, but the essendon player was fine and wallis went in low

i think going in LOW, will save him

(Log in to remove this ad.)

mitch wallis bumped an essendon player similar this year, but the essendon player was fine and wallis went in low

i think going in LOW, will save him
Then it should be a valid tactic to knock players out of games, hope the same happens to Richmond next week in that case, it's fair after all.

Hopefully Cotchin gets off.
I want to see him win the toss and then Adelaide get to kick with the wind in the first quarter of the GF.

You're right I really want to see the best teams on the day but being a crows supporter if I'm honest I wouldn't be upset if he went

The big issue here is how far will the AFL compromise their governance if at all

It's pretty clear mid year he would be gone the numpties arguing there is nothing to see are kidding themselves

It's all about the spectacle and will the AFL compromise itself

You're right I really want to see the best teams on the day but being a crows supporter if I'm honest I wouldn't be upset if he went

The big issue here is how far will the AFL compromise their governance if at all

It's pretty clear mid year he would be gone the numpties arguing there is nothing to see are kidding themselves

Adelaide will dominate anyhow, seeing cotchin cry may be worth the compromising of the competition .

I was being half serious, the AFL is an entertainment vehicle first, a Victorian-leaning league second, and a fair sporting competition third.
Cotchin getting off fulfils the first two.

Mate, he's running at the ball and then tucks his shoulder in when he realizes there's going to be contact. This is absurd.

If he kept his feet that would be true, but he doesn't he throws himself at Shiel and that is why he should get done. If you brace you don't launch yourself at your opponent.

It’s just the outcome unfortunately, some players will get KOed and some don’t

its a shame, because that injury prob won richmond the game
Same as ward last year cost us dearly. That concussion and umpiring cost us, but either way we weren't at full strength and still have some mental weakness to overcome. Crows likely would have thopped us anyhow.

I was being half serious, the AFL is an entertainment vehicle first, a Victorian-leaning league second, and a fair sporting competition third.
Cotchin getting off fulfils the first two.

But these days businesses live and die by governance they work out ways to bend the boomerang but not break it

This one will have it bending as far as it will go

Same as ward last year cost us dearly. That concussion and umpiring cost us, but either way we weren't at full strength and still have some mental weakness to overcome. Crows likely would have thopped us anyhow.

you never got a full team out on the park all year. maybe next year

also you had like 2/3 cooked players

and last thing, you cant travel and play @ MCG. fix those things up and youll make it

But these days businesses live and die by governance they work out ways to bend the boomerang but not break it

True.
AFL is as close to a monopoly in the sport as you get with no serious challenges from other sporting comps in winter so goverance not quite as important.

There are way too many examples in the comp that a thesis could be written.

I think you're overestimating how much the AFL stand to lose if Cotchin (and Sloane and Ellis) are allowed to play.

The MRP is already pretty maligned. It already ignores precedent. It's an easy scapegoat, especially if their dodgy judgements mean the best players are playing on Grand Final day.

Further to that, the AFL have so many other inequalities that get swept under the rug. Fixturing. Umpiring. The fact that Richmond have had 3 home finals at the G finishing 3rd. The AFL doesn't care about governance. It cares about selling a product.

It'll be better for the AFL if Cotchin, Sloane and Ellis play, so I imagine they probably will.

I'd be really disappointed if any of the 3 miss out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back