Trent Cotchin: "I'm bigger than this club"

Remove this Banner Ad

Pretty disgusting act by Cotchin knocking back the famous number 17 captains jersey wanting to wear his number 9 instead

Guess he has little care for Richmond and its history and just out for self promotion
Why be so hard on poor Cockchin? Given all we know of Richmond's culture you can hardly blame him for wanting to make a break with the past. In fact I'd argue that the more he encourages his teammates to ignore the past 30 years of failure and start fresh with a new set of traditions the sooner the club might experience some success.

Heck this is great news for the Tiggers. Finally a captain who has the balls to tell KB and the Richmond old guard to go **** themselves because they've responsible for the club becoming the joke its been for decades. Good on him if he wants to do things his way, sounds exactly like what their shit club needs right now.

Why be so hard on poor Cockchin? Given all we know of Richmond's culture you can hardly blame him for wanting to make a break with the past. In fact I'd argue that the more he encourages his teammates to ignore the past 30 years of failure and start fresh with a new set of traditions the sooner the club might experience some success.

Heck this is great news for the Tiggers. Finally a captain who has the balls to tell KB and the Richmond old guard to go **** themselves because they've responsible for the club becoming the joke its been for decades. Good on him if he wants to do things his way, sounds exactly like what their shit club needs right now.
KB actually gave him a big wrap on the radio this morning for wanting to keep his number.

This doesn't happen often Bosk, but I have to agree with you here.

Cotch is making a stand, he wants the club to move forward instead of go backwards or stagnate like previous Richmond teams for over 30 years, he wants to start a new, built their own history which doesn't reek of failure. Its proberbly why they changed their club logo, because the old one has too many bad memories and consistent 9ths. The new logo didn't work this year but taking initiative and responsibility upon himself for the new direction the club is going might rejected a club number might..

I can almost hear the fabric of the club ripping. Hear it?
Fabric ?? don't you mean fishnets
crotchlessfishnetpantyhoseplus-l.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This doesn't happen often Bosk, but I have to agree with you here.

Cotch is making a stand, he wants the club to move forward instead of go backwards or stagnate like previous Richmond teams for over 30 years, he wants to start a new, built their own history which doesn't reek of failure. Its proberbly why they changed their club logo, because the old one has too many bad memories and consistent 9ths. The new logo didn't work this year but taking initiative and responsibility upon himself for the new direction the club is going might rejected a club number might..
Exactly EM.

Just look at what Clarkson did when he came to Hawthorn. He recognized very quickly that our culture had gone soft and that big changes were needed. Lots of short term pain for long term gain. A couple of years later we were playing unsociable football and nabbed a flag.

I don't know if Hardwick is the man to do likewise at Ninthmond, after all its a MUCH bigger challenge he has in front of him. A bloke like Cockchin who's willing to stand on his own two feet and break with the past will be a big asset for him though. Obviously I hope they stay bottom dwellers for the next thirty years but for their sake I'd say things are looking up right now.

Cotchin is Captain ? wtf ? how did that mummies boy get the gig ?
Grrrrrrrrrr misspelled his own name on the captaincy application form.

Either way Cockchin is a huge step up from Chris Newman. Jack Watts would have been a step up from Chris Newman.

I must say I am a bit confused by Cotchin being made captain. He's not really a leader on the field, he's always struck me as being all about himself. Think Richmond have gone for the "popular decision" here rather than the right one.

Not a leader.
Hope you are joking or else you are the biggest idiot of all time

Grrrrrrrrrr misspelled his own name on the captaincy application form.

Either way Cockchin is a huge step up from Chris Newman. Jack Watts would have been a step up from Chris Newman.
Maybe you should actually watch Newman play. He isn't as good as other captains from a skills perspective but his leadership and courage is as good as anyone's in the league.

Remove this Banner Ad

Trent Cotchin: "I'm bigger than this club"

Remove this Banner Ad

Back