Trent Knobel to the Hawks...

Remove this Banner Ad

CrUsTy86

Rookie
Oct 4, 2004
Other Teams
Hawks
Knobel to come to the hawks, be a good Ruckman with Spider, Spider can now go FF on some Occasions to replace Thompson, Go the Hawks in 2005

I wouldn't cry if it happened but I don't know if thats the way the Hawks should be heading! For the pure and simple fact that he doesn't get many possesions at all, lucky if he 10 per match I'd reckon! But, in saying that he would help our foward structure in that Spider can spend more time down there and we will have a focal point! How exciting!!

Show us the Bling Bling #2

Like you said the Hawks need Spider down there(ff), Knobel is way better than Campbell, and Knobel will improve, i bet ya, new club good blokes around the club, we need another ruck who else should we have a look at?

also is Spriggs a option OR Blumfeild, i think they would both be great players for the hawks in the next 5 yrs :confused: :confused:

Slick said:
I wouldn't cry if it happened but I don't know if thats the way the Hawks should be heading! For the pure and simple fact that he doesn't get many possesions at all, lucky if he 10 per match I'd reckon! But, in saying that he would help our foward structure in that Spider can spend more time down there and we will have a focal point! How exciting!!

CrUsTy86 said:
Knobel to come to the hawks, be a good Ruckman with Spider, Spider can now go FF on some Occasions to replace Thompson, Go the Hawks in 2005

God I hope so.

Somebody obviously got into his ear and encouraged him to leave the Saints.

I've just been praying it wasn't Richmond......

He's no world beater but he's better than Robbie Campbell.

Spider needs to spend more time at FF so if we can't do any better, i'd consider taking him.

Who wold people rate more highly - Trent Knoble or Cain Ackland?

You'd have to rate Knobel as a better player atm, but I would rather the Hawks had a punt on Ackland, he has more potential IMO, but hey what they do, we'll have to wait and see!

hoping no, no, no, no , no ...........cant see very much improvement in knobel at all. really dont want him. was hoping 2 snare a gem in the pre-season draft but cant really see much talent in there at all. am i missing something????? like spriggs but don't think the hawks need somebody else that turns the footy over with poor disposal.

mmm.. You're not missing anything, you're right, the draft isn't going to produce any 'gems'! Ackland looks a likely type, and maybe, just maybe, Hadley doesn't sign for Brisbane and decides to come home!

LukeHodge15 said:
hoping no, no, no, no , no ...........cant see very much improvement in knobel at all. really dont want him. was hoping 2 snare a gem in the pre-season draft but cant really see much talent in there at all. am i missing something????? like spriggs but don't think the hawks need somebody else that turns the footy over with poor disposal.

St Kilda put a lot of effort in to him. and to his credit he is competitive in the ruck. Saints offered him base pay which is what he is worth, and he refused. Why would anyone want to pay over the odds?

I'm sorry we lost him. I think he's got some improvement in him...and he is a young 202cm man mountain. Although I'm not sure he'll relish being Spider's understudy again. Sydney takes our forwards and Hawthorn take our ruckmen and we take Richmond rejects...whats with that?

fugazi said:
Sydney takes our forwards and Hawthorn take our ruckmen and we take Richmond rejects...whats with that?

Cool - does that mean we'll soon be seeing one N Rieweldt in the red and white soon ;)

what about the other ruckman that the Hawks has? i think by the name of something campbell. i dunno he played some game this year. a club that really needs a ruckman is Carlton. they need a good back up for French.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Slick said:
mmm.. You're not missing anything, you're right, the draft isn't going to produce any 'gems'! Ackland looks a likely type, and maybe, just maybe, Hadley doesn't sign for Brisbane and decides to come home!

Hadley won't be "coming home" to Vic. He's from WA.

Remove this Banner Ad

Trent Knobel to the Hawks...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back