Workshop Trial - Random Team Of The Fortnight

Remove this Banner Ad

As suggested in this thread, I think a neat idea for a competition would be OP chooses two/three random colours, a random animal and a city (maybe using a generator for all of these) and then people have to make something with what's given.

So this is just going to be a trial workshop to see how it goes, what people think, improvements to be made etc, etc.

The premise is that a new team is about to enter the AFL, and you have to design a 2/3 guernsey portfolio consisting of a home, clash and a preseason/second clash... or something like that. Logos are optional, I suppose... Anyway,

To generate random colours, I used this website.
To generate a random city, I went onto Wikipedia and clicked on the random article link until I came across a city.
I wasn't quite sure how to generate a random moniker, so I just chose one from the top of my head. Maybe the winner of the previous competition gets the choose the next one?

The three random colours to use are, in RGB:
90, 170, 70 (darkish green)
195, 200, 205 (light grey)
50, 80, 130 (navyish blue)

The random city is:
San Antonio, Texas
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/San_Antonio,_Texas

And the not-so-random moniker is
The Silence (not exactly sure why I chose them tbh, just sounded cool) or maybe snakes/serpents....

So... The San Antonio Silence (or Snakes) that wear dark green, navy blue and light grey... give it a shot, and make some suggestions on how the competition should run.

SAStrolololol.png

Well, you did say:
people have to make something with what's given.
Sorry, I'm tired :p

Am tired of doing American teams. Surely a random Australian location could have been found.

Well though America may be boring, the old comp like this only did Australian locations and got boring quite quickly. So I would go with other world areas (South America, Central America/Caribbean, Europe, Asia, Africa, and Canada).

But with that being said I do have a San Antonio design on its way.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The colours are a little off, but as this is just a workshop rather than a competition I couldn't be bothered fixing them.

Also went with a type of snake rather than the generic name.

The design is based on Southwestern patterns.

SanAntonioVipers.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Workshop Trial - Random Team Of The Fortnight

Remove this Banner Ad

Back