Tribute to big Sav

Remove this Banner Ad

Favourite Sav moment would have to be Twilight footy at the G, 98 i think it was. Anzac day. Big Sav completely turned it on, with 6 or 7 goals after half time to bury Inspector Gadget, and the Bombers!

Not sure if i'd call him a champion, but on his day unstoppable.

MarkT said:
I still remember a day at the G with a Richmond mate. Sav had a shot and hit the post from just outside the square. My mate thought that was hilarious. Of course Richo followed suit and the duelling missed sitters began. Entertainment aplenty that day. I can’t even remember who won.

He kicked 90 odd goals in 95 because Brereton "shielded" him for most of the season.

All the best, Sav.
I hope you come back to Australia (one day) so your sons can play for the mighty pies!!!

Never met Saverio myself,having spoke people who have.They have nothing but good things to say about the big fella
Good luck in the NFL Sav,make a ton of cash,set yourself up for a long and well deserved retirement
Just remember that royal blue and white stripes will look the best on your two boys
20yrs time FF and CHF for the Kangas:D

congrats to the big man... though he murdered us on many occasions, he was always exciting to watch... farewell, and i hope he kicks a bag against the friggen pies... :thumbsu:

Beautiful kick from long distance and a selfless, humble player who has never looked even grumpy with teammates who have kicked it to him with much less precision than he deserved. He's kicked bags for Collingwood, for North, for Port Melbourne and for North Ballarat with the same dedication and has never complained about being delisted or relegated to the twos. It's hard to think of another player so well-liked by fans of both clubs he's played for - I guess he never shows animosity or arrogance so he doesn't get any back.

Sad to see him leave the game and I reckon plenty of Pies fans will be teary on Sunday as well. Really hope the two clubs and teams can do something special for him. I guess engineering a winning goal would probably be out of the question after the Pies' past month? But I'm sure they can come up with something good, and the whole crowd will be right behind them.

good luck in the US, Sav. wish you all the best. one of my favourite players to watch, and has conducted himself beautifully thoughout his career. a true professional. tarrant could take a leaf out of his book, attitude wise

probably my favourite player from outside my club over the past decade. Love watching him play.

there's just something about watching him line up for a 65m goal :thumbsu:

hope the fans at the game give him a great send off, and that Sav leaves us with many more memories.

I'm not convinced his AFL career is over, if he doesn't make it in the NFL, it wouldn't be a complete surprise for him to be picked up in the pre-season draft (assuming North delist him)

Remove this Banner Ad

Tribute to big Sav

Remove this Banner Ad

Back