Triple J hottest 100 of 2012 Prediction thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Personally I voted (trying to get 3+ nero and 3+ art vs science songs in there)

Benny Benassi - Cinema {Skrillex Remix}
Example - Changed The Way You Kiss Me
Skrillex - First Of The Year (Equinox)
Nero - Guilt
Nero - Innocence
Afrojack & Steve Aoki - No Beef {Ft. Miss Palmer}
Nero - Promises
Example/Skream - Shot Yourself In The Foot Again
Example - Stay Awake
Art Vs Science - With Thoughts

EDIT: Realised I wasted my vote with Innocence - doh!

I voted for:

Houdini - Foster the People
Helena Beat - Foster the People
Call It What You Want - Foster the People
Midnight City - M83
Need You Now - Cut Copy
That's My Bitch - Kanye/Jay Z
Holocene - Bon Iver
Mr Polite - The Jungle Giants
Escapee - Architecture in Helsinki
My Body - Young the Giant

My favourite albums were (all fairly ubiquitous in their own rights but so be it):

Torches - Foster the People
Bon Iver - Bon Iver
Hurry Up We're Dreaming - M83
Watch the Throne - Kanye/Jay Z
Making Mirrors - Gotye
Zonoscope - Cut Copy

really???

you are just the worst kind of person
****in brostep and the worst live band in the country

:p

Which one is the worst live band? If it's Art vs Science then I don't even know the song, I've just bet on them for most songs in the countdown ;)

And if it makes you feel better I don't listen to JJJ, just like having my vote count :D

Still can't agree with your list kBuck entirely as The Fooies are getting in without doubt, Rope is 99.9% in and one of Walk/Arlandria/Back & Forth/Bridge Burning/These Days will probably get in too.

If any Living End song makes it, could well be Song for the Lonely aswell as it not only has received more airplay but I've seen more people vote for it over The Ending blah blah blah.

Plus I think Eskimo Joe will get higher than the 90's with Love is a Drug, and I still think Blink and RHCP will sneak in. Alot of forums who've been posting their lists have users voting for Up All Night. Plus think of the fact alot of voters of the H100 these days are commercial listeners who just pick the big bands/artists and songs of the year, and these two alone on name value will rack up more votes that way.

Still, awesome effort to get a list up, something I wish I had the time to do and may attempt soon, and then to revise it aswell, big job (Y).

Thoughts on who will get the most songs:

My Pick: The Wombats(3, maybe 5 songs): Jump Into the Fog, Techno Fan, 1996 certainties. Anti-D and Our Perfect Disease might make the cut. So many shows and festivals over the past year, so should get some backing.

Foster the People(3-4): Houdini and Helena Beat I think should definitely make it and Call It What You Want with a good chance. Outside hope with Waste. Commercial success of Pumped Up Kicks will help them.

Architecture in Helsinki(3): Contact High certain, Desert Island and Escapee with chances, can't see anything else from Moment Bends making the list.

Boy & Bear(3): Can see Feeding line, Part Time Believer and Milk and Sticks all making the list. This years Gypsy and the Cat, with Feeding Line high up and the other two 60-80's.

Nero(3-5): Has chances with Me & You, Innocence, Guilt, Crush on You and Promises. The success of dubstep/drum and bass this year should help them out, but can only see a maximum of 3 songs on the list with Skrillex stealing some limelight.

Roughie: Art Vs Science(2-3): A.I.M. Fire and With Thoughts have chances, and their Like A Version of Daft Punk might make a surprise appearance.

Looking at sportingbet's new market for most songs;

Florence And The Machine 3.50
The Strokes 5.00
Grouplove 5.50
The Panics 6.00
Justice 6.50
TV On The Radio 7.00
SBTRKT 7.00
The Middle East 14.00
The Living End 14.00
Lykke Li 17.00
Oh Mercy 17.00
Mutemath 21.00
Pigeon John 26.00

Florence a lock for two? Lykke Li would be value otherwise, only perhaps Justice would have a shot at 2?

The Strokes 5.00
Grouplove 5.50
The Panics 6.00
Justice 6.50
TV On The Radio 7.00
SBTRKT 7.00
The Middle East 14.00
The Living End 14.00
Lykke Li 17.00
Oh Mercy 17.00
Mutemath 21.00
Pigeon John 26.00

Florence a lock for two? Lykke Li would be value otherwise, only perhaps Justice would have a shot at 2?

If you back Florence and Grouplove with the same amount of units in that market, you'll make a profit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would have certainly voted for Loveless too. Is anyone able to clear up what makes songs like that 'ineligible'?

The Strokes 5.00
Grouplove 5.50
The Panics 6.00
Justice 6.50
TV On The Radio 7.00
SBTRKT 7.00
The Middle East 14.00
The Living End 14.00
Lykke Li 17.00
Oh Mercy 17.00
Mutemath 21.00
Pigeon John 26.00

Florence and Grouplove both certain locks for 2 songs each.

I wish I could tell you why Loveless by Children Collide and Colours by GroupLove are not eligible and Scary monsters and nice sprites by Skrillex is.

Florence and Grouplove both certain locks for 2 songs each.

I wish I could tell you why Loveless by Children Collide and Colours by GroupLove are not eligible and Scary monsters and nice sprites by Skrillex is.

Think Florence will get three songs in, as will Foster the People (even without Pumped Up Kicks) and Art v Science. What odds Bon Iver doing the same (with Calgary, Holocene, perhaps Perth)? - as much as I hate this form of betting on the H100, might be worth a nibble.

Don't understand why Loveless isn't eligible either (I know its album was 2010 but the single and video was mid-2011, and it didn't make the 2010 H100), as you may have gathered I'm a big fan of the song.

I haven't read all 7 pages, but if it weren't for the once a year triple j listeners (who would've voted pumped up kicks to number 1), I wouldn't see Gotye winning.

with a couple of exceptions, timing has proven to be everything over the years. who will ever forget the pretty fly for a white guy debacle? (aside from most of their listeners who probably weren't alive :p)

if it weren't for the once a year voters, any of the following songs would be balls deep in it:

Lana del ray - video games: I don't listen to commercial radio, but I've seen this on MTV and V, so I assume its out there. I voted for it too.

the black keys - lonely boy: hasn't had too many mentions in this thread, but everyone loves this song, they played the shit out of it in the radio and it was timed to perfection.

San Cisco - awkward: I could easily see this cracking the top 10

hilltop hoods - I love it: popular, great timing... I just don't see hip hop ever winning.

I like gotye, but I saw him at 2 different festivals in the last 2 weeks, and he sucked both times. it was due to technical issues - but if the same thing keeps happening, change your show.

and most songs?

hmmm.

the jezabels - rosebud, endless summer, tricolor

Bon iver - Perth, holocene, Calgary.

plus Florence as mentioned... maybe scrillex and foster the people...

it's a dud market I reckon, cos it'll be a 3 or 4 way tie.

it's a dud market I reckon, cos it'll be a 3 or 4 way tie.

Exactly this. Will be a 3 song tie between 2 or 3 bands. The only possible way for a winner would be if The Wombats get Jump into the fog, Techno Fan, 1996 and Perfect disease in the count.

I find it hard to judge the Black Keys - lonley boy because it has received a lot of attention due to the guy dancing in the clip.

It seems DrummoSolo and Benji2 no something about The Jezabels - endless summer that I don't :(

Remove this Banner Ad

Triple J hottest 100 of 2012 Prediction thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back