Triple J hottest 100 of 2012 Prediction thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

It seems DrummoSolo and Benji2 no something about The Jezabels - endless summer that I don't :(

It gets three hits on the front page of Youtube for the Jezabels if you type it in - one at 70k and two at 140k, it was the lead single off the album, the Jezabels charted INSANELY high last year for an Unearthed band, they're one of two visiting bands to Geelong in the past 6 months to sell out a 600 person venue (the other being Boy and Bear, and yes, that's a ridiiclous system to use, but it's better than nothing), its about 1000 places ahead of Trycolour on jPlay. I can't really think of anyway the Jezabels won't place extremely high, and won't do it with Endless Summer.

Yeah Endless Summer is very high on J Play atm, and you can always gauge how well a song will do by checking it on there.

Also, there's nothing wrong with Pretty Fly winning in 98, I like that song. Shitter songs have won since and will for years to come.

I'm enjoying the sportingbet odds - I reckon there's money to be made.

I reckon the only possible chance of anyone getting four songs in is...

kimbra.

two way street and cameo lover will be top 30 or so. I think good intent will make it. I think settle down is an outside chance, and I'm tempted to convince the bookie to consider a featured artist as an appearance.

I just can't find a fourth song out of anyone else.

is brother really that popular? I think that song and that guy sucks, and I can't believe how short he is as top placed idol, when raider and the ship song will both be top 40 I think.

finally - video game and lonely boy at number 2 are juicy odds.

Yeah Brother is really popular.

I'm probably going to cry if the song played at 100 isn't on my list at all :p

Atlas sound- terra incognita

Stupid triple J bogan - Nah Skrillex or Nero ! FTLOLzZZZ

facepalm.gif

My votes:

Arctic Monkeys - Black Treacle
Fleet Foxes - Lorelai
Kimbra - Cameo Lover
Lykke Li - I Follow Rivers
Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds - AKAWhat A Life!
Arctic Monkeys - Suck it and See
Noel Gallagher - AKABroken Arrow
Radiohead - Lotus Flower
Cults - You know what I mean
Strokes, The - Taken For A Fool

Oh yeah, I didn't even list my votes!

Ball Park Music - It's Nice To Be Alive
Cut Copy - Need You Now
Florence & the Machine - Shake it Off
Friendly Fires - Hawaiian Air
Gotye - Somebody That I Used To Know
The Grates - Turn Me On
The Jezabels - Endless Summer
Joe Goddard - Gabriel
M83 - Midnight City
Sparkadia - Mary

Also, for the person spruiking Kimbra before - Settle Down was a 2010 release and won't be eligible. Otherwise, that could well have been a smart bet!

i haven't posted mine yet... i rarely care whether the song is likely to make it or not. last year of the 10 i voted for, i think only 5 got in, and another two or three were in the 101-200 list.

i should better that this year...

Architecture in Helsinki - Contact High
Black Keys - Lonely Boy
Bon Iver - Calgary
Fleet Foxes - Helplessness Blues
Jezabels - Trycolour
Kimbra - Plain Gold Ring
Lana Del Rey - Video Games
Panics - Majesty
Owl Eyes - Raiders
360 - Boys Like You

Arctic Monkeys
Black Treacle

Ball Park Music
All I Want Is You

Band Of Skulls
The Devil Takes Care Of His Own

Husky
Dark Sea

Kasabian
Re-Wired

Kills, The
Future Starts Slow

Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds
Dream On

Rubens, The
Lay It Down

San Cisco
Awkward

Stonefield
Black Water Rising

Tyler, The Creator
Yonkers

Black Keys, The
Lonely Boy

It's Impossible to narrow this down to 10... help?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It gets three hits on the front page of Youtube for the Jezabels if you type it in - one at 70k and two at 140k, it was the lead single off the album, the Jezabels charted INSANELY high last year for an Unearthed band, they're one of two visiting bands to Geelong in the past 6 months to sell out a 600 person venue (the other being Boy and Bear, and yes, that's a ridiiclous system to use, but it's better than nothing), its about 1000 places ahead of Trycolour on jPlay. I can't really think of anyway the Jezabels won't place extremely high, and won't do it with Endless Summer.

Pretty much what drummosolo said (except the Geelong bit), plus it's one of those 'anthemic' songs that do well in the H100 and the Jezabels appear to be very popular.

I expect the Jezebels will do well - they had a couple do well last year IIRC and they've only risen higher this year.

My votes - I feel a few were pointless but all well:

Vasco Era, The - Rock And Roll Is The Only Thing That Makes Me Feel Good
Radiohead - Codex
Radiohead - Give Up The Ghost
Ball Park Music - All I Want Is You
Andy Bull - Last Waltz {Ft. Hungry Kids Of Hungary}
Cults - Go Outside
Millions - Guru
Arctic Monkeys - The Hellcat Spangled Shalalala
Jack Ladder & The Dreamlanders - Cold Feet
tUnE-yArDs - Bizness

I had a very tough time placing his two songs because they both sound the same to me, so I couldn't tell which people would like more :p

:D

Lonely Boy is certainately gonna do well, alot of people voting for it now, top 10 spot looking likely at this rate.

Just saw a guy's votes on Facebook with the app thingo, and he picked "Gold Cobra" by Limp Bizkit. He said for the lulz.

u saying i should keep it or take it out?

i need to take out 2

Take it out. On my opinion both as songs that are good and songs that wont get in I would take out Stonefield and Tyler the creator. :p

Edit: errr by that I mean I think the other songs in the list are better.

kBuck, what do you reckon is gonna be The Strokes' best chance at getting in, or if they get more than one track in, what will they be?

Taken for a Fool, Under Cover of Darkness or Machu Picchu?

kBuck, what do you reckon is gonna be The Strokes' best chance at getting in, or if they get more than one track in, what will they be?

I'm sure kBuck will have an opinion too, but for mine, Under Cover of Darkness (likely to be in), Taken for a Fool (borderline to be in), then Machu Picchu (unlikely to be in).

i've voted but do people think it is a given the somebody that i use to know and contact high will be the top 2. Then where does it go Foster the people? Boy and bear? Living end? does the hilltops new song make a late dash?
personally i think it will be the top 5

Under cover of darkness best chance by far. I have it at 83 on my list but it could end up placing anywhere as low as the 50s. I think Taken for a fool may end up being just out the top 100, maybe around the 115 mark.

Under cover of darkness best chance by far. I have it at 83 on my list but it could end up placing anywhere as low as the 50s. I think Taken for a fool may end up being just out the top 100, maybe around the 115 mark.

life is simple in the moonlight would be my second choice after utcd

Remove this Banner Ad

Triple J hottest 100 of 2012 Prediction thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back