Triple J hottest 100 of 2012 Prediction thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

They're probably the only ten albums Triple J listeners heard all year. New xx is dull and uninspired, lacks the mood and atmosphere and pop sensibility of the debut. Flume is flogging a dead horse. Ball Park Music are forgettable. Mumford are literally seen as a joke by music fans who listen to more than 15 albums a year...

im gonna vote for the tracklist of Parkway Drive - Atlas!!!
TASTE

They're probably the only ten albums Triple J listeners heard all year. New xx is dull and uninspired, lacks the mood and atmosphere and pop sensibility of the debut. Flume is flogging a dead horse. Ball Park Music are forgettable. Mumford are literally seen as a joke by music fans who listen to more than 15 albums a year...

I'm getting the feeling that you would be quite difficult to be around.

I'm getting the feeling that you would be quite difficult to be around.
Not quite sure what his problem is to be honest.

Think he fails to understand everybody has different taste. And even if it is the only albums they have heard all year, who cares, it is the JJJ Hot 100, why would you vote for a song you haven't heard?

Talk about being a pretentious twat.

I can't wait to see you come up with the 2013 list, it's a massive effort and I might even attempt one depending on how much free time I get.

As of voting opening today here is my current top ten prediction. I managed to win my family's competition last year so here's hoping I can go back to back. This list will probably change a bunch before Australia day but for now I'm going with my gut.

1. Elephant - Tame Impala
2. Thrift Shop - Macklemore & Ryan Lewis
3. Trembling Hands - The Temper Trap
4. Little Talks - Of Monsters and Men
5. Sweet Nothing - Calvin Harris (Feat. Florence Welch)
6. Gold On The Ceiling - The Black Keys
7. Get Free - Major Lazer
8. I Will Wait -Mumford & Sons
9. Lost - Frank Ocean
10. Breezeblocks - Alt-J

Other considerations that could make my final list would be My Gun - The Rubens, Run Alone/Child - 360, Sleepless/Holdin On - Flume, Surrender - Ball Park Music, and Feel The Love - Rudimental.

Feels Like We Only Go Backwards is the real Tame Impala smoky for mine, getting big momentum late. I'd also be factoring Grimes into it too.

Also, the facebook app is gone this year, meaning thewitness is going to have to hope to God people choose to do the page share option they've run with. Also, Bangarang makes the cut for the shortlist but 212 doesn't. Interesting!

Yeah weird there was no App this year tho the sharing thing still kinda works the same way, showing off your votes in newsfeeds.

Can't wait for kbuck to start the 2013 thread with his list.

Betting has opened on sportsbet. Little talks is 1.50 and thrift shop is 3.00 but after those two it's trembling hands at 7.00 and everything after that is higher. Possibly some good value if you don't think either of those 2 will take it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Betting has opened on sportsbet. Little talks is 1.50 and thrift shop is 3.00 but after those two it's trembling hands at 7.00 and everything after that is higher. Possibly some good value if you don't think either of those 2 will take it.

Thrift Shop already coming in. Feels Like We Only Go Backwards maybe worth a speck at big odds. Nothing else of value for mine.

Did you just use "pop sensibility" unironically?

Maybe so, but it's still a Top 10 lock, surely.

I honestly think that Feels Like We Only Go Backwards will finish higher than Elephant, for Tame Impala

Beginning to get the same vibe. Thinking it could go top 5 along with Little Talks, Thrift Shop, Trembling Hands and for something different, My Gun.

I know some douchebag says this every year, and this year I'm going to be that douchebag. Worst hottest 100 ever. I struggled to find 10 songs worth voting for. Ended up filling the last few spots by spamming Black Keys/Band of Skulls songs.

So what have you voted for?

Black Keys - Little Black Submarines

I voted this last year, I now feel I am worthy of joining the lame bagging out the 100 every year posse... but I won't

When did El Camino even get released here? I am sure it was out mid-late last year, hence why I voted LBS.

Considered voting it again, but while its not the best year in a broader sense I have found a lot of enjoyable artists.

Remove this Banner Ad

Triple J hottest 100 of 2012 Prediction thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back